Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 06:09 AM   #31
Willie B
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 236
Ouch, did I strike a nerve? I'm single and popular with the women, so it's safe to assume my looks and anatomy aren't an issue. Vespa offered a limited scooter (GT60) back in '07 of 250 units stateside. They command goofy prices because of uniqueness and availability. $9500 to $11,500 for a used scooter depending on location, condition and mileage. PX150s bring good money, as do P200s and so on. I see the 946 as something to ride and enjoy that I won't see myself coming and going on. I don't see the prices tanking because of this. Like I stated earlier, for those who seem threatened by something unique and different, I don't think you were the intended purchaser. I have several Honda Ruckus (Zoomer) scoots which are built by Kymco for Honda. They are amazing little scoots for camping or taking to a horse show, but everyone there has one and they do what they're intended to do, nothing else. Point A to point B, nothing more, nothing less. I'm not going to get on here and talk down your Kymco and I expect the same courtesy from you. I can't recall getting personal about someone's shortcomings for not liking the new 946, what gives with you? It's not gong to appeal to everyone including you. Why do you feel that the forum is the place to put me down as well as something you aren't interested in purchasing? Hopefully we won't read your thoughts, but I have a feeling we will.
Willie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:18 AM   #32
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie B View Post
Ouch, did I strike a nerve? I'm single and popular with the women, so it's safe to assume my looks and anatomy aren't an issue. Vespa offered a limited scooter (GT60) back in '07 of 250 units stateside. They command goofy prices because of uniqueness and availability. $9500 to $11,500 for a used scooter depending on location, condition and mileage. PX150s bring good money, as do P200s and so on. I see the 946 as something to ride and enjoy that I won't see myself coming and going on. I don't see the prices tanking because of this. Like I stated earlier, for those who seem threatened by something unique and different, I don't think you were the intended purchaser. I have several Honda Ruckus (Zoomer) scoots which are built by Kymco for Honda. They are amazing little scoots for camping or taking to a horse show, but everyone there has one and they do what they're intended to do, nothing else. Point A to point B, nothing more, nothing less. I'm not going to get on here and talk down your Kymco and I expect the same courtesy from you. I can't recall getting personal about someone's shortcomings for not liking the new 946, what gives with you? It's not gong to appeal to everyone including you. Why do you feel that the forum is the place to put me down as well as something you aren't interested in purchasing? Hopefully we won't read your thoughts, but I have a feeling we will.
Read the last sentence of your post before this one, you're possibly
putting down a lot of people with that statement.

You missed a couple of other points too so I'll just leave it at that.

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:34 AM   #33
Moto Mark
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
I've put my deposit down and will be taking my chances,

Really, at the end of the day its only money. If I get it and love it it will be money well spent. If I don't I'll take the hit, sell it and move on. Period.

Thers's been way too much jawing here about a scooter thats not going to be on sale for at least six months. How about waiting until you can actually see and ride in person to praise or complain ??
Old 12-17-2012, 09:14 AM   #34
pebble35
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,337
Just got May 2013 confirmed as delivery date in the UK

www.bikersjersey.com for all your KTM parts
A 2,400 KM ride around Egypt by Scooter - ride report here
pebble35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #35
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebble35 View Post
Just got May 2013 confirmed as delivery date in the UK
What's the price compared to GTS250/300?

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
Old 12-17-2012, 09:48 AM   #36
pebble35
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
What's the price compared to GTS250/300?
Don't thik we have had a definite UK price but we are expecting it to be 6,500 to 7,000. Which makes it about 1.7 times the price of the GTS 300.

www.bikersjersey.com for all your KTM parts
A 2,400 KM ride around Egypt by Scooter - ride report here
pebble35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #37
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Jesus.
T-max teritory.

Oh sorry, that's a plastic scooter.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #38
hexnut
just cruising

Oddometer: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie B View Post

I assume you posted this on MV.....

http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic107806

'I personally think that the GT60 is a sexy looking scoot. Nice looking color scheme, but couldn't see myself paying that much for something that I probably wouldn't ride. The GTVs are unique but come in such drab colors. If you can sell these for $9500 and beyond, seems like you have a hell of a sales force. The Ford LTD was a limited vehicle. Ford limited production to the numbers they could sell. Considering there are or were several new GT60s presently floating around that were unsold, Vespa obviously didn't follow this rule. Just saying'

Asking those prices and getting them are two different things. There may be a few that would pay that much but the vast majority will not.

When a hot new auto would come out some people would pay way above MSRP to get one first, We always called any thing over MSRP stupid tax.

hexnuts...a curse put on your balls by a mean gypsy
3/5 Cav, C Troop, BlackKnights, Vietnam 1969

hexnut screwed with this post 12-17-2012 at 01:47 PM
hexnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:08 PM   #39
Krusty ...
What? Me hurry?

Oddometer: 7,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post

Not a big Vespa fan, but I think they got this one right

Is it just me, or does the seat look like it was designed by H.R. Giger?