Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2010, 08:07 PM   #61
dynamos2000 OP
is boinking your mom

Oddometer: 1,560
All I know is I have a single tassel hanging from my handlebar and folks need to start steppin the f off.

I blame the asylum and this final bottle of Yuengling for this post.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:29 PM   #62
tbirdsp
REMF

Oddometer: 8,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog13
I like both bikes.....the tubeless tires on the sporty I like better though.
Bonnie and Bonnie SE have them too
http://www.reddeliciousband.com
tbirdsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:30 PM   #63
tbirdsp
REMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamos2000
All I know is I have a single tassel hanging from my handlebar and folks need to start steppin the f off.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:21 AM   #64
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Oddometer: 4,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdsp
Bonnie and Bonnie SE have them too
Yeah, but then you have the issues of the wee dealer network, if you go with Triumph.
Not bad for people who have a local dealer, but sucky if you actually leave your hometown.

Honda/Harley, not so much.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:22 AM   #65
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamos2000

I think maybe you're the Yuengling spokesperson now.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:34 AM   #66
tbirdsp
REMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraven
Yeah, but then you have the issues of the wee dealer network, if you go with Triumph.
Not bad for people who have a local dealer, but sucky if you actually leave your hometown.

Honda/Harley, not so much.

I put 28,000 miles on my previous Triumph with no issues. As with that one, I wouldn't hesitate to ride my Bonneville anywhere. I'm doing my second road trip on the Bonnie in a couple of weeks.

Have you owned a Triumph?

As a matter of fact - I have been riding 20 years and have *never* needed a dealer while on the road, with any brand of bike....

tbirdsp screwed with this post 08-25-2010 at 05:40 AM
Old 08-25-2010, 08:19 AM   #67
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdsp

I put 28,000 miles on my previous Triumph with no issues. As with that one, I wouldn't hesitate to ride my Bonneville anywhere. I'm doing my second road trip on the Bonnie in a couple of weeks.

Have you owned a Triumph?

As a matter of fact - I have been riding 20 years and have *never* needed a dealer while on the road, with any brand of bike....
Never owned one. Don't have to have owned one to be correct about dealer network. They're all machines and machines break sooner or later.
Glad you like your Bonnie. I do a lot of road trips and won't invest in something that will leave me days away from spares. I have stuff to do or would rather do than twiddle my thumbs on the roadside because of cheerleading for a brand.

How many miles have you done in 20 years?
I've been riding about as long and have maybe 200k on bikes (took a break for about 5 years). This board alone is littered with stories about highway breakdowns, with Triumph products even *gasp*.
I have broken down on the road. It's not fun, even if you break in the dealer's lot.

I don't dislike Triumph at all, but Honda and HD's broader dealer network is a trump card for people like myself who are often far from home.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:08 AM   #68
Maxacceleration
What now

Oddometer: 1,868
Quote:
Never owned one. Don't have to have owned one to be correct about dealer network. They're all machines and machines break sooner or later.
Glad you like your Bonnie. I do a lot of road trips and won't invest in something that will leave me days away from spares. I have stuff to do or would rather do than twiddle my thumbs on the roadside because of cheerleading for a brand.

I've been riding about as long and have maybe 200k on bikes (took a break for about 5 years). This board alone is littered with stories about highway breakdowns, with Triumph products even *gasp*.
I have broken down on the road. It's not fun, even if you break in the dealer's lot.

I don't dislike Triumph at all, but Honda and HD's broader dealer network is a trump card for people like myself who are often far from home.
Like there is large support for this.
Does that bike actually run? Love the leaky float bowls.
You DO need to upgrade. A Sportster would be a definite improvement.
Sounding a little jaded there kraven.

This is not your Uncle's Triumph...
You have not done your homework on what is dependable and what is not.

Sounds dangerous.
Maxacceleration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:14 AM   #69
kraven
Hegelian Scum

That's actually not the only bike I have right now, but I give you a B+ for trying to deflect.
And, I can walk into almost any honda dealer and buy carb parts, petcock pieces, etc, for that 82.

I have done my homework by spending lot of years working in motorcycle shops.

Oh, and fuck you.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:29 AM   #70
PalePhase
Humour Noir

Oddometer: 824
Quote:

I hope the Honda dealerships you've dealt with are better than the one I know. When I bought my Honda, part of the decision was that the local dealership is less than 5 miles from my house. Almost six years later, I don't even bother ordering parts from them any more because they almost never have what I need in stock and there is no way I would actually let them work on anything again. On a trip, dealing with a dealership like this one, I'd have to give serious consideration to just leaving the bike by the side of the road for the next "lucky" owner.

1995 Honda VF750CD
2002 Honda VFR800
PalePhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:42 AM   #71
Maxacceleration
What now

Oddometer: 1,868
Quote:
That's actually not the only bike I have right now, but I give you a B+ for trying to deflect.
And, I can walk into almost any honda dealer and buy carb parts, petcock pieces, etc, for that 82.

I have done my homework by spending lot of years working in motorcycle shops.

Oh, and fuck you.
I don't have to deflect.
Explained yourself guilty.

Freelance BS is YOUR game.
Nice writing.
Sounds dangerous.
Maxacceleration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:33 AM   #72
tbirdsp
REMF

Quote:
I've been riding about as long and have maybe 200k on bikes (took a break for about 5 years).
Well, let's see...just the three bikes in the garage right now add up to about 95,000 miles - and I've only owned the Bonneville for a couple of months.
If I add up the other 15 or so I've owned over the years I'm probably about at 200k too.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:32 AM   #73
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,725
I'll agree that "dealer support" is basically worthless. If anything serious goes wrong, it'll take the dealer just about as long to get the parts as you could ordering yourself. If you need wear items like chains or brake pads or oil etc having a dealer or 2 close by is good but most of the time you can predict when you'll need those anyways.

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:21 PM   #74
Crow
Corvid

Oddometer: 1,288
A picture I took in Japan this summer.

Looks like it's called the VT750S in the home country.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:54 PM   #75
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,254
If it only did not have the spoked rims....maybe.
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote