-. --- .--. .

Oddometer: 7,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamos2000 View Post

**EDIT**
1st tank = 57.5mpg
2nd tank = 59.1mpg

granted these are indicated miles so I could be off by 10%

Thats a nice looking bike, Honda did some good work with the style.

Should be trouble free, I had a 1100 Aero back in 02 and put 35,000 miles on it in the 2 years I had it and never did anything to the engine but change to oil. I think the only thing I would add to the bike is some Von Dutch style pin striping. Nice bike.
perterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:19 PM   #107
Starky14
Yowie Bait

Oddometer: 241
After Market Seat

Howdy,
I pick up my new VT750S tomorrow. It will be our coffee bike (short runs to various places and lots of stops for coffee and chats)
The wife says the seat feels fine but I very doubt it over any distance. I have the sissy bar/rack on order to give her a bit more security and comfort but I suspect a new seat will not be far away.

Have you guys seen anything released in the States yet made specifically for it or do I just get the current one modified? Does any of the Shadow seats fit?

And be nice in your replies. The wife is only little

Starky14 screwed with this post 02-12-2011 at 09:52 PM
Starky14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:41 PM   #108
Bueller
Cashin?

Oddometer: 16,970
Quote:
I hope they share some of these parts...

If they share them, I hope they do something with the brake light mount to make the brake light point in the right direction

"bueller, you ARE an island of reason in a sea of bullshit" - quasigentrified
Bueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:58 PM   #109
abigweasel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
Quote:
This bike handles way better than my sportster did in the curves. The transmission (the feel of shifting, the light clutch, the way it switches gear...NOT THE QUALITY OF TRANSMISSION) is on a totally different level than the sportster I had. I don't like it any more than I did the sporty but..well I already had a nightster and couldn't see getting the same bike again. This is a great alternative for folks that like retro bikes, modern reliability, dont have a triumph dealership in their backyard and don't necessarily want a cruiser. I dig it .. hell I dig all bikes. I had a scooter ..a tmax .. and it kicked ass. If it has two or three wheels, wtf dudes.

Didn't take long for this thread to go to shit. Thanks everybody lol
I don't give two fucks what the name on the tank says...that Honda's a nice looking bike. I've recommended it to a buddy of mine looking for his first two wheeler. I'm really glad you like the bike. They are definitely taking the Shadow line in the right direction. Oh and the paint on the 2011 RS is better still... or as they say "bold new graphics"
abigweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:54 AM   #110
dynamos2000 OP
is boinking your mom

Oddometer: 1,560
So I haven't been on the bike forever.... Its nice out today so I trade the car in for the bike at lunch time... Nice ride.. I get gas... and now I can't get the key out of the gas cap!!

20 minutes go by, no luck... I'm getting pissed... I don't wanna break the key off in the damn thing. I keep jacking with it and finally the key comes out.

Later at work, my friend is playing with the key and gas cap and does a cool little trick that probably everyone knows except me! He takes the gas cap and aligns it and pushes down on it and the key automatically turns to the left and wallah...just pull the key out and put it in your pocket.

Yeah, you all probably know that but dammit this is bike number 21 (I think) and I never knew you could do that on this (and probably many other bikes besides the shadow family)
Old 03-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #111
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,725
Quote:
So I haven't been on the bike forever.... Its nice out today so I trade the car in for the bike at lunch time... Nice ride.. I get gas... and now I can't get the key out of the gas cap!!

20 minutes go by, no luck... I'm getting pissed... I don't wanna break the key off in the damn thing. I keep jacking with it and finally the key comes out.

Later at work, my friend is playing with the key and gas cap and does a cool little trick that probably everyone knows except me! He takes the gas cap and aligns it and pushes down on it and the key automatically turns to the left and wallah...just pull the key out and put it in your pocket.

Yeah, you all probably know that but dammit this is bike number 21 (I think) and I never knew you could do that on this (and probably many other bikes besides the shadow family)
The gas lock on my Honda Magna does the same thing. I broke an old pot metal key that way once

El Guero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:29 AM   #112
soboy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,269
Quote:

Ditto on my Shadow Aero. You'd think after riding for close to 40 years I would be able to figure out how to get the friggin' key out of the gas cap. I finally learned that same trick your friend showed you, it's like learning the "secret handshake".

Took the Shadow out for a spin yesterday afternoon and it reminded me of what a nice ride it is. My Shadow is a gas mileage king, every tank has been 60 or above since I got it, with a high of 66 on one tank. Pretty amazing for a 750 and nice with rising gas prices.
"Reason takes a holiday as Dr. Horrible spends money he doesn't have, on a motorcycle he doesn't need, in a misguided attempt to recapture his youth which, upon reflection, wasn't all that great in the first place."
"Ride to the bar in your pirate outfit, guzzle some beer, play "Free Bird' on the juke box and then go home. Badass."
soboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:22 PM   #113
aplaceinspace
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
My CB750 Nighthawk and VF1000R are the same way. I imagine all modern Honda locking gas caps are that way. I just push the caps down till I can hear and feel them lock, and the key aligns itself for removal. Nifty stuff.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:10 AM   #114
dynamos2000 OP
is boinking your mom

Still no aftermarket seat for the RS - but the "small" rally special is a perfect fit and makes a good bit of difference especially for the price:
http://www.alaskaleatheronline.com/s...--Rally/Detail
Old 03-30-2011, 07:52 AM   #115
rhys
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,661
I'm almost ashamed to post this but..... jeez, ANOTHER Japanese wannabe?
I may have spent fifteen seconds looking at this little underpowered cookie cutter cruiser and dismissed it, but I gotta confess.... Honda did a really cleeean job on this puppy.

Then I walked into a local Honda dealership and saw the '11 red, white, and blue paint job. WOW, it caught my eye and I was hynotized by the little gem! If I had "extra money", I'd buy one for around town. But if this thing was available with 85 horsepower to the rear wheel, triple discs, and cast wheels w/tubeless tires..... I'd be hard pressed not to take it more seriously ESPECIALLY in that eye catching red, white, and blue!
rhys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:56 AM   #116
dynamos2000 OP
is boinking your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhys View Post
I'm almost ashamed to post this but..... jeez, ANOTHER Japanese wannabe?
I may have spent fifteen seconds looking at this little underpowered cookie cutter cruiser and dismissed it, but I gotta confess.... Honda did a really cleeean job on this puppy.

Then I walked into a local Honda dealership and saw the '11 red, white, and blue paint job. WOW, it caught my eye and I was hynotized by the little gem! If I had "extra money", I'd buy one for around town. But if this thing was available with 85 horsepower to the rear wheel, triple discs, and cast wheels w/tubeless tires..... I'd be hard pressed not to take it more seriously ESPECIALLY in that eye catching red, white, and blue!
I'm on the fence about getting the new tank and painting my fenders white, I really dig the look. Agree about the horsepower but its really a "hey lets take that backroad and look at the scenery" and commuting bike and really excels at its role.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:40 AM   #117
Wannabee
Survivor of Reality

Oddometer: 2,365
I saw one of these last year when they first came out , I thought " Cool bike" , I rode one around the lot while my buddy was buying a bike. Great bike , shame I am 6'2" and look like a gorilla mating with football on it ! Honda really did a good job on it , I just wish i wasnt too big to ride it .
Old 03-30-2011, 09:39 AM   #118
capriccio
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by perterra View Post
Thats a nice looking bike, Honda did some good work with the style.
They had a good model pose for them so they could get the styling right.

Capriccio.
capriccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:40 AM   #119
dynamos2000 OP
is boinking your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by capriccio View Post
They had a good model pose for them so they could get the styling right.
TRUE!!! I'm just glad they gave her some height.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:00 AM   #120
LeChatNoir
artiste

Oddometer: 140
I like it..simple bike with modern goods...still should be dual disc and shaft..that would be it for me
LeChatNoir is offline   Reply With Quote