ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 03:53 AM   #181
Off the grid
Chaotic Good
 
Off the grid's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: That buzzing in your earhole, NorCal.
Oddometer: 10,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myfuture_yourdebt View Post
Maybe you're pretending like you can boot me from the conversation here...? There's no need for me to "join in again", here I am now. I've been lurking here on ADVRider for years, mature old person. I don't think anyone but smug KTM dudes understood your comments in this thread because those are the only people your comments could potentially resonate with. But I'm still trying to imagine what other KTM owners think of your "tractor-like" comment about KTMs...wow That's definitely a new one! I think even most KTM owners smell your taint...except for maybe CodyY. What decent KTM owner would let another KTM owner say that orange bikes are "tractor-like"...?

You've stated them over and over but it's obvious your beliefs as stated in this thread are just trollish and smug at best. You can't directly respond to anything in my posts attacking your beliefs...which only confirms your trolling nature. Your posts here have implied and explicitly stated a bunch of crap you haven't even tried to back up. Examples:
"Euro dual sports dominate the dual sport market". FALSE, Jap's sell 10x the bikes Europeans do in pretty much every design type. You're lust for performance doesn't change the reality of sales in the market.
"People think the KLR should be able to do table tops". How can you possible be serious!?

My dream bike was a 990 ADV until I've read from people in my regional ADVRider forum that the 950s are generally more reliable. Then I still read a bunch of issues with the 950s and decided I'm definitely not going orange. Oh jeeze, I'm so sorry I haven't updated my profile (don't worry, my naughty pics are coming) Obviously CodyY is just looking for dirt to dig up because he's got no face or dignity to lose in this conversation.

Off the grid, I'm sorry you perceive my ability to type quickly and efficiently and direct effective attacks at you as being obsessed with this discussion and therefore you. I am getting paid to sit here at work and do nothing but surf the web right now. This discussion and combating your ridiculous "contributions" to it is far from an obsession. Like I said, you're a troll. If it takes more than one paragraph to make that evident to even the most lowly of intellects such as yourself, then I'm willing to give this education thing a shot myself

Try to take this advice, youngster.

1. Don't be so angry. It's a discussion about motorcycles. Metal, rubber, combustibles.

2. Be quiet and learn a bit before joining in. Get a few years of real-world experience under your belt. Your lack of wisdom shows in how personally you made it your "job" to try and flame me. It was ok at first, I know I push peoples buttons, but now it's getting creepy, son. And when it gets creepy, it only makes you look bad, not me. Anyone on Thumpers knows that I am pretty consistent with when I will show up to a thread.

3. Articulate your arguments with facts, not emotion. Your current line of reasoning is based on rage at me which is evident in your page-long rants. No one, including myself, is reading that. You lose people when it's emotion, it's making you look bad.

Facts, not emotion.

Last chance before you go on ignore. Think before you post.
Really let it sink in.
__________________
Wedding(s) = $30,000
Divorce(s) = $25,000
2007 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS = Priceless
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 03:56 AM   #182
Off the grid
Chaotic Good
 
Off the grid's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: That buzzing in your earhole, NorCal.
Oddometer: 10,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by helipilot650l View Post
KLRs are great. I have an xr675L that I love very much. Work as a ktm sales and service manager. Never bought one my self my CRF450X and XR675 run flawlessly and do spend money on parts. Your klr's are great scooters.
Man, what a great opportunity! Why not take it and sample the bike that you are selling? I'm sure you can get one at cost.

Life is short....and motorcycles are like women, ride as many as you can, while you can!
__________________
Wedding(s) = $30,000
Divorce(s) = $25,000
2007 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS = Priceless
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 07:56 AM   #183
Kawidad
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kawidad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Central Coast, Cal
Oddometer: 4,637
Anyone who makes a blanket statement that Euro bikes are easier to work on than a Japanese bike has never tried to do a valve adjustment on a BMW 650Xchallenge. Not to mention anything routine on a KTM 950/990 ADV.
__________________
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? - Juvenal
(Who watches the watchers)
Kawidad is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 08:02 AM   #184
CodyY
ADVenture Capitalist
 
CodyY's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Oddometer: 9,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuman View Post
However, the KLR defined the modern dual-sport motorcycle. The KTM fans wouldn't have the KTM if Kawasaki didn't bite the bullet in '87 and say "Let's build a tractor of a thumper."
Oh? 1979 called, they want their facts back. BMW "invented" the adventure-touring segment.


http://www.webbikeworld.com/BMW-moto...bmw-gs-series/

And the KLR 600 was introduced in '84. Fyi

some electrons were mildly inconvenienced in the sending of this message
__________________
Not an ACTUAL motorcyclist
CodyY is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #185
bomber60015
Anatomically Correct
 
bomber60015's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Chicago-ish
Oddometer: 10,073
I love this thread -- it makes me feel so smart ;-}
__________________
"Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance. T.R.
bomber60015 is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 08:33 AM   #186
CodyY
ADVenture Capitalist
 
CodyY's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Oddometer: 9,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber60015 View Post
I love this thread -- it makes me feel so smart ;-}
You can tell its winter. Always gets like this

some electrons were mildly inconvenienced in the sending of this message
__________________
Not an ACTUAL motorcyclist
CodyY is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 08:57 AM   #187
Canuman
Crusty & Unobliging
 
Canuman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: The Palace of the People, VT
Oddometer: 4,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyY View Post
Oh? 1979 called, they want their facts back. BMW "invented" the adventure-touring segment.


http://www.webbikeworld.com/BMW-moto...bmw-gs-series/

And the KLR 600 was introduced in '84. Fyi

some electrons were mildly inconvenienced in the sending of this message
I am well aware of the intro date of the KLR600.

I said defined, not invented. While the GS and the GSPD were certainly splendid bikes, and remain so today, BMW used technology that was not accepted by the mainstream. They were uncommon and costly in their time, and are becoming increasingly scarce and expensive as time progresses. The KLR, whatever your opinion of it may be, did much to make adventure riding available to the masses, much as the Jeep made off-road driving available to the common man.
__________________
The Rock 2013 RR
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=915172
Dual Sport Luggage Racks: http://www.moto-racks.com
hONORARY mEMBER fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA (pROVISIONAL wING)
Canuman is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #188
bomber60015
Anatomically Correct
 
bomber60015's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Chicago-ish
Oddometer: 10,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyY View Post
You can tell its winter. Always gets like this

some electrons were mildly inconvenienced in the sending of this message

Hell, I'M still riding to work! *

40 degrees, Chicago, December . . . . how cool is that!

Bricka Bracka
Fiyah Crackah
Sis
Boom
Bah
Global Warming
Global Warming
Rah
Rah
RAH

*Full disclosure, not my on KLR -- can't run heated gear AND headlight until I rewire the poor dear.
__________________
"Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance. T.R.
bomber60015 is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #189
larryboy
Chopper Rider
 
larryboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: On a set of 50,000 mile tires.
Oddometer: 14,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by kojack View Post
Yes they were out before that, but were not classified as an adventure style bike. Klr had wind protection and was geared more for the slab than the others. And had more room for the rider. I owned an 88 xl600, and the cockpit was way cramped, same with the Dr and xrl. The klr had more room between the seat and the pegs.

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Tapatalk 2

NX650 was out back then, I wanted one sooo bad, but couldn't afford one. Hit the showroom summer of '87, looked small compared to the KLR. The switch to water cooled bikes was in full swing by then and it just didn't catch on...the NX that is.
larryboy is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #190
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo
 
Boon Booni's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Richmond, Va
Oddometer: 13,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuman View Post
I am well aware of the intro date of the KLR600.

I said defined, not invented. While the GS and the GSPD were certainly splendid bikes, and remain so today, BMW used technology that was not accepted by the mainstream. They were uncommon and costly in their time, and are becoming increasingly scarce and expensive as time progresses. The KLR, whatever your opinion of it may be, did much to make adventure riding available to the masses, much as the Jeep made off-road driving available to the common man.
This is the reason I bought my KLR.







...and my KLR is the reason I bought a KTM.
__________________
Where the fuck...
Where the fuck is the bike?
You gotta be shitting me.
Where the fuck is the road?
Boon Booni is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #191
kojack
My Hardley is a POS
 
kojack's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: god's country, AKA. Newfoundland!
Oddometer: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
NX650 was out back then, I wanted one sooo bad, but couldn't afford one. Hit the showroom summer of '87, looked small compared to the KLR. The switch to water cooled bikes was in full swing by then and it just didn't catch on...the NX that is.
Love the NX....great bike! with either motor too! I never wanted one back in the day because the front fender...ha ha..
kojack is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #192
kojack
My Hardley is a POS
 
kojack's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: god's country, AKA. Newfoundland!
Oddometer: 970
Dr BIg, another sweet bike! nice find, forgot about that one..
kojack is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #193
Myfuture_yourdebt
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Front Range, CO
Oddometer: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
When he says "dominate" he is talking about performance not sales, how hard is that to comprehend?

Seriously dude? Off the grid has been consistently saying that KTMs and Euro bikes "dominate the dual sport market". There's only one way to read that. He's saying that those bikes sell more than others in the market, thereby dominating it with their sales. This is not the case, period. I even said in a previous post here exactly what you posted above (that he actually means performance)...yet you respond to my post like you're proclaiming some revelation. Pay attention and you might be able to actually contribute to the conversation.
Myfuture_yourdebt is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:47 AM   #194
Myfuture_yourdebt
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Front Range, CO
Oddometer: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
Try to take this advice, youngster.

1. Don't be so angry. It's a discussion about motorcycles. Metal, rubber, combustibles.

2. Be quiet and learn a bit before joining in. Get a few years of real-world experience under your belt. Your lack of wisdom shows in how personally you made it your "job" to try and flame me. It was ok at first, I know I push peoples buttons, but now it's getting creepy, son. And when it gets creepy, it only makes you look bad, not me. Anyone on Thumpers knows that I am pretty consistent with when I will show up to a thread.

3. Articulate your arguments with facts, not emotion. Your current line of reasoning is based on rage at me which is evident in your page-long rants. No one, including myself, is reading that. You lose people when it's emotion, it's making you look bad.

Facts, not emotion.

Last chance before you go on ignore. Think before you post.
Really let it sink in.
1. I can get angry all I want. How about I go do what you've done here in a KTM thread and see who gets angry. You were trying to make people angry. Now you got what you wanted, you're complaining about it...you're learning bad habits from your wife.

2. I already have a few years of real world experience. I have over 30k miles under my belt in the last 4 years. I've been lurking on this forum since about 4 years ago. I and everyone else here doesn't give two shits about what you think is "creepy". Swing your purse at me if you're that creeped out by someone slinging your BS right back at you. What did you say earlier..."reap what you sow". Yeeeaaahhhh.

3. I have articulated my argument with facts. I've called your BS multiple times and you can't back it up with your own facts. That's a fact. How are Euro bikes dominating the dual sport market? I said they aren't. That's a fact, look at sales. You said KLR owners think their bikes should be able to do tabletops. I said, no, this forum has seen very, very, very few complaints if any from KLR owners about their bikes' inability to handle MX track terrain because the vast majority aren't kidding themselves (unlike some KTM owners who think they're racing the Dakar around every corner). That's a fact. It's obvious facts don't mean much to you, though.

Jesus Off the grid is incredibly full of himself. "Last chance before you go on ignore" he said
OH NO I'M GOING TO GO ON IGNORE, OH PLEASE OFF THE GRID, DON'T! I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M GONNA DO WITHOUT YOU SEEING MY POSTS!

Only a dry floppy vagina uses the ignore function on an internet forum. This isn't the real world in here...You can simply not read my posts if you can't handle someone actually taking you up on an argument after you spew controversial crap that you knew would lead to an argument. But your fragile little eyes can't take that sort of damage, can they!?
Myfuture_yourdebt is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #195
bullittman281
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: 4 corners-ish
Oddometer: 83
such an angry thread......
bullittman281 is offline  
Closed Thread

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014