ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2015, 05:09 PM   #1
e30turbo OP
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Milwaukee sidewalk parking?

Does anyone here live downtown Milwaukee and get away with parking a real motorcycle on the sidewalk? I currently have a 78 Yamaha Chappy, but I want a real motorcycle again. Street parking is out of the question. I see the big scooters don't get tickets, but I'm afraid if I get something that actually looks like a motorcycle I'll get a ticket. Don't tell me to by a grom I want something that goes at least 80.
e30turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 05:43 PM   #2
Cannonshot
Having a Nice Time

Oddometer: 19,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30turbo View Post
Does anyone here live downtown Milwaukee and get away with parking a real motorcycle on the sidewalk? I currently have a 78 Yamaha Chappy, but I want a real motorcycle again. Street parking is out of the question. I see the big scooters don't get tickets, but I'm afraid if I get something that actually looks like a motorcycle I'll get a ticket. Don't tell me to by a grom I want something that goes at least 80.
Probably best to call District 1 of the Milwaukee PD and ask what the facts are. That is what you will need to deal with.
Old 01-18-2015, 03:24 PM   #3
e30turbo OP
n00b

Oddometer: 3
The facts are that it's not legal to park anything on the sidewalk other than a moped or a bicycle, but the big scooters don't seem to get tickets despite the fact that they are technically motorcycles. The Chappy may only go 40, but at least everyone thinks it's cool. A 150cc scooter not so much.
e30turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 10:33 AM   #4
Don Coyote
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,255
Why is street parking out of the question, are you in an area with marked and metered spots? One of the main benefits of a motorcycle is that with parallel parking there is almost always a partial spot nearby.