ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 06:55 AM   #241
wb5plj
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Must Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgp1 View Post
Sorry I looked last night didn't see that anyone was in so made other plans. hope we can get a ride to work out sometime.
that happens, my other plans wen't away so now I can ride. I am sure we will work something out eventually.

I figured I would go down and check out the swinging bridges as I have never seen them before. I suspect that I will pass through the Eagle Stop in Eugene (not really in. it is at 17 & 54) around 10. it all depends on how long it takes for me to get moving. I just got my first coffee so I doubt I will be there by ten. lets just say I will not leave there before 11:00am if anyone wants to join. I have a basic rout but I tend to improvise so it makes it hard to say where I will be after that.

Anyone is welcome. when I stop there I will check here on my phone. anyone replies Ill see it and I will be able to adjust.
wb5plj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #242
Midnightventure
-

Oddometer: 712
I went to the doctor today for more xrays. Can't go back to work yet because I wouldn't be unrestricted but I am cleared to ride. Best of both worlds I guess So if a ride comes up I can participate.
Midnightventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:00 PM   #243
rgp332 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
I'm thinking about a ride to St Louis saturday, leaving from Jefferson City. I want to go check out the REI store. If anybody wants to tag along you're more than welcome. We can do hwy 94 down and come back hwy 100. At least it will be twisty 2 lanes.
Sound interesting to anybody ? I want to leave pretty early7:30-8:00
I must have sumthin about 08's
rgp332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:05 AM   #244
Hazman27
The Haz

Oddometer: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgp332 View Post
I'm thinking about a ride to St Louis saturday, leaving from Jefferson City. I want to go check out the REI store. If anybody wants to tag along you're more than welcome. We can do hwy 94 down and come back hwy 100. At least it will be twisty 2 lanes.
Sound interesting to anybody ? I want to leave pretty early7:30-8:00
These are the other stores I would visit, Boy Scout Store, Uncle Sams Outfitters, and at least, The Alpine Shop.
Hazman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #245
rgp332 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Where is the Boy Scout store located ? Iv been to Uncle Sams. Is the Alpine shop close to either of the other stores ?
I must have sumthin about 08's
rgp332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #246
jowannab
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 153
Hey, shomegirl...how aboult a ride report on the ARK 500...see any water??? hope you didnt need the extra tubes,,,,,,,,
jowannab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:09 PM   #247
Hazman27
The Haz

Oddometer: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgp332 View Post
Where is the Boy Scout store located ? Iv been to Uncle Sams. Is the Alpine shop close to either of the other stores ?
Alpine Shop on Lindbergh (Kirkwood Rd. North of Hwy 44, maybe 2 miles) Boy Scout Store, I go to the one in the Central West End, On West Pine, A block East of Euclid, Near Forest park (Zoo). There is another Boy Scout store on Page, west of Lindbergh towards Highway 270, never been to that one. website scoutstuff.org ? maybe this helps... And the Uncle Sams outfitters store is on the North side of highway 70, West of Cave Springs exit..... good luck
Hazman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:13 PM   #248
jowannab
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 153
Bluhduh

Good Grief people,aint no body riding.........Were on the SECOND PAGE HOW aboult a ride report........ANYBODY???????????????
jowannab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #249
Teep
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 288
No gravel

All my riding lately have been down the road to Patriot Guard missions, far too many of them lately. I'll be glad when this weather breaks, 34 degrees is just too cold for highway riding.

Garry
Teep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:08 AM   #250
Midnightventure
-

I posted a ride report in the SWMO thread but since I started in Central MO I think I will post a link to it. Just a few pictures.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...1#post21250211
Old 04-24-2013, 03:02 AM   #251
KankakeeBenjamin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
I will be riding from Chicago to Richland Missouri Friday the 26th if anybody is interested. I plan to take the highway to lousianna mo. Then all back roads. Just staying the night in Richland and turning back around Saturday. I am subscribed to the Chicago thread but thought I would put it out there on this thread
Old 04-24-2013, 04:10 AM   #252
Midnightventure
-

That is a ambitious trip. How far is that the first day?
Old 04-24-2013, 04:19 AM   #253
KankakeeBenjamin
Gnarly Adventurer

I have done it a few times. I actually live in kankakee which saves an hour/hour and a half. It has taken 6.5 all highway to 12 hours mostly all backroads to Rolla. This time I am going to a friends property in richland Mo. which I think is a little farther than Rolla. I hope you were asking me that question!?!
Old 04-24-2013, 05:04 AM   #254
MrHix
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by KankakeeBenjamin View Post
I will be riding from Chicago to Richland Missouri Friday the 26th if anybody is interested. I plan to take the highway to lousianna mo. Then all back roads. Just staying the night in Richland and turning back around Saturday. I am subscribed to the Chicago thread but thought I would put it out there on this thread
You might want to check on roads closed due to flooding.

Have fun,

MrHix
MrHix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:32 AM   #255
KankakeeBenjamin
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks I didnt think about that. I am watching the weather too so hopefully its good friday and saturday. I am going just to get out and ride so I can abort the mission if need be. I will see if I can check the status of the roads out of Louisiana (had to check the spelling twice) thanks hope I run across some bikes on the way.