User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
Perkio OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Sena SMH10R in my hands!

We bought 4 R's and installed them into 2 Shoei's (Qwest and RF1000), an HJC RPHA Max modular, and G Max modular.

We are using the wired mics for the Shoei's and the boom mics for the modulars.

These things are AWSOME (like Rocketmotos service)!

My only minor issue so far is that the wired mic on one of the helmets seemed to be over modulated.
I did a reset of that unit and will give it another try.

I also have downloaded the Sena manager software and reviewed it. There is no mic gain flag (option) available for the R that I can see.

We have done several short rides since installing the units 2 days ago, and they have been solid, but with a somewhat limited range.
To be fair, we are riding in the city and with some terrain obstructions so I'm not dissatisfied at this time. We were getting out to about 300 yards and then having some static but they stayed connected. If we had clear line of sight I'm sure the range would have been better.

We had 2 noisy 2 strokes using the headsets and they worked great, speaking and hearing in both directions was great.

I have to get a better understanding on pairing my Droid (music, directions, calls) into the mix as I think it disconnects when we are on intercom.

We haven't yet played with any of the other settings or features, so I'll be updating this thread as I use and learn more about the R.

Perk
Perkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
TBickell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 148
I got mine too. I bought the dual set-up and the additional ear-bud plug in adaptor for my helmet. So far so good although the plug in for the ear-buds is flimsy and has already fatigued and is showing wires after a few short uses. Also the microphone that replaces the boom is not functional as no one can hear me when I make a phone call. I love the usability compared to the Scala but the wired input for the ear phones is concerning and I have to try the boom mike to see if that is any better for phone use..
TBickell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #3
El Gato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBickell View Post
I got mine too. I bought the dual set-up and the additional ear-bud plug in adaptor for my helmet. So far so good although the plug in for the ear-buds is flimsy and has already fatigued and is showing wires after a few short uses. Also the microphone that replaces the boom is not functional as no one can hear me when I make a phone call. I love the usability compared to the Scala but the wired input for the ear phones is concerning and I have to try the boom mike to see if that is any better for phone use..
Just to confirm, you have an SMH10R with optional earbud adapter? I don't see this option on their website anywhere. How did you order it, and do you have a part number for it? I have the regular SMH10 with the earbud adapter base, and I'd love to switch to the SMH10R but don't want to use helmet speakers.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #4
cognosticator
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 697
I mounted my SMH10r to my neotec tonight. I really like the low profile of the unit. I paired it to my phone and the SR10 which has my gps and radar going to it. The battery attaches to the back of the helmet and has a reflective block on it. I thought the battery went inside the helmet but the instructions show mounting outside.

I will test it out this Saturday on a ride to Augusta.
Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you
cognosticator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:44 PM   #5
Navy Chief
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,399
Mind posting pictures of the install on the neotec? I am considering one of these and would like to see all of the components in place.. thanks

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD
Navy Chief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #6
ilbiker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
Mind posting pictures of the install on the neotec? I am considering one of these and would like to see all of the components in place.. thanks

I second that.....
ilbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #7
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,723
Third
Old 02-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #8
El Gato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gato View Post
Just to confirm, you have an SMH10R with optional earbud adapter? I don't see this option on their website anywhere. How did you order it, and do you have a part number for it? I have the regular SMH10 with the earbud adapter base, and I'd love to switch to the SMH10R but don't want to use helmet speakers.
I'll answer my own question... I called Sena today and they don't yet have a earbud adapter option for the SMH10R, but they said they'd forward the request to Engineering.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:37 AM   #9
cognosticator
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 697
Here you go:

Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you
cognosticator is online now   Reply With Quote