User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2015, 02:09 PM   #1
Murf2 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 848
Toyhauler build questions.

I've come seeking guidance. I have stumbled upon what I think is a good deal & want to know what you guys think. I've been shopping toyhaulers for awhile but I'm a tight ass, so no purchase yet.

I can buy a 24 ft "job trailer" at a good price. It has a ramp door, is insulated & finished inside, with 110v service, lights & 2 AC's. Built off a car hauler with extra height, has basic metal cabinets across the front. Their is no 12v DC and no water/waste plumbing, or propane ran in the trailer. These are all things I would like to have. Plumbing & pooper for sure.

How much do you think it would cost me to install plumbing, tanks, bathroom. I don't think there would be much to running the propane. Don't know if I'd even put in a furnace. Hope to be where it's warm most of the time. 12v would be good to have. I have no clue on what the hardware for that would cost.

Anyway, this trailer is about 6K cheaper than the closest thing I could order with all the RV stuff. What do you think? I can't believe I couldn't get it set up nice for 2or3K more. Any thoughts are welcome!

Murf
Murf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 03:39 PM   #2
KeithinSC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,664
I can't offer any advice on prices of those parts,
but think about finding a wrecked or leaky camper, strip the mechanicals and install them into yours.
KeithinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 03:58 PM   #3
Falconfixer
It is what it is....

Oddometer: 660
Lots of good builds like this on a site called Teardrops& tiny travel trailers. I just sold my 20 foot enclosed that I was doing the same thing to. I decided to just sell and buy a toy hauler soon, as I don't have a place to perform the work.
Falconfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 04:58 PM   #4
Murf2 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 848
Thanks guys. I'll start looking for clapped out campers. I've been on tntt but don't see much on bathrooms and such. More questions than answers, just like me.

Thanks again!
Murf2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: