Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #241
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerfish View Post
actually, coverage was great not that long ago, most of the superbike races were live, and then replayed on Tuesdays, and the other races were usually same day delay, but once dmg took over, it all went to shit!
ah the good ole days.. Two wheel tuesdays on speed.. next year more than likely they wont even have motos
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #242
Tom W.
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman View Post
Talk about revisionist . . . TV coverage has done nothing but decline since DMG took over. Now there is none.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerfish View Post
actually, coverage was great not that long ago, most of the superbike races were live, and then replayed on Tuesdays, and the other races were usually same day delay, but once dmg took over, it all went to shit!

?!?!?!

I very clearly remember hoping that certain races would be televised but as often as not they weren't. Sure, some were televised live, and those races were often replayed, but there were MANY races that simply weren't shown either live or on delay.
Tom W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #243
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
?!?!?!

I very clearly remember hoping that certain races would be televised but as often as not they weren't. Sure, some were televised live, and those races were often replayed, but there were MANY races that simply weren't shown either live or on delay.
All AMA SBK races were televised, almost always same day or live, for years.

I know they were, or we would have complained about it, here.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #244
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,424
Having the races viewable On Demand is a step in the right direction. They offered this a few years back for one season through SPEED.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...nline-viewing/
Old 04-12-2013, 06:14 AM   #245
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,188
Quote:
?!?!?!

You very clearly remember wrong. Television coverage under DMG has declined because they drove off the companies that paid for it, the companies that remain(ed) can't afford to pay for it in a crappy motorcycle economy, and, it seems, the promised vast promotional and marketing resources behind DMG aren't available to the AMA Pro Racing product.

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:16 AM   #246
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogBoy View Post
Having the races viewable On Demand is a step in the right direction. They offered this a few years back for one season through SPEED.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...nline-viewing/
Only valuable if there is a tv crew recording and producing at an event . . .

photo galleries
Old 04-12-2013, 07:42 AM   #247
stk0308
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,191
Quote:
?!?!?!

You seem to be remembering the Pre-Speedvison days. Once coverage went to them, until DMG took over, I can't recall ever a race not being televised. I've been watching Speedvison coverage of AMA road racing since at least 1998.

I remember the "American Sports Cavalcade" coverage on TNN, and a few races on some obscure sports channels that preceeded Speedvison. Those were spotty coverage. I don't think they ever did a full season in one year.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity
stk0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:08 AM   #248
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,424
Quote:
You very clearly remember wrong. Television coverage under DMG has declined because they drove off the companies that paid for it, the companies that remain(ed) can't afford to pay for it in a crappy motorcycle economy, and, it seems, the promised vast promotional and marketing resources behind DMG aren't available to the AMA Pro Racing product.
Agreed. They haven't produced one new series sponsor. Disappointing.

Quote:
Only valuable if there is a tv crew recording and producing at an event . . .
Yeah, I get that the race broadcast isn't produced by magic. Its a step in the right direction. There are miles to go before they are get to the destination.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:26 AM   #249
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Larry Lawrence is "reporting" of "rumors" of a soon-to-be-announced television deal that will please people.

photo galleries
Old 04-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #250
chasbo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
ah the good ole days.. Two wheel tuesdays on speed.. next year more than likely they wont even have motos
They will still show Supercross. For whatever reason, that apeals to the powers that be. AMA superbike is disappearing before our eyes and it sucks. It has been mismanaged to near extinction. What gets me is, my cable provider has a channel dedicated to horses. An entire equestrian channel. How the hell can there be that and not a channel dedicated to motorcycles?!
Old 04-13-2013, 09:37 AM   #251
viajero
Too old to be a nOOb

Oddometer: 2,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasbo View Post
They will still show Supercross. For whatever reason, that apeals to the powers that be. AMA superbike is disappearing before our eyes and it sucks. It has been mismanaged to near extinction. What gets me is, my cable provider has a channel dedicated to horses. An entire equestrian channel. How the hell can there be that and not a channel dedicated to motorcycles?!
The horsey crowd has more money.
viajero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #252
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by viajero View Post
The horsey crowd has more money.
And might be larger too. And its not completely about the size of the audience - is is the delta between cost of programming and advertising revenue.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #253
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,405
Quote:
Larry Lawrence is "reporting" of "rumors" of a soon-to-be-announced television deal that will please people.

He says it's an "impressive package"

*snicker*

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:09 PM   #254
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
And might be larger too. And its not completely about the size of the audience - is is the delta between cost of programming and advertising revenue.

- Mark
Exactly. If they had to have enough cameras and crew to film those fucking horses running around Road America all day I am afraid there would be no more pony network.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:37 AM   #255
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,405
Paddock Rumor: AMA PRO RACING HAS A TV DEAL FOR 2013 AND BEYOND!!!!!

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote