ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Trials
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 09:27 AM   #16
laser17
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Boston,Massachusetts
Oddometer: 670
FWIW: You can get 11's for $4k right now. Thats half price for a 2 year old bike. Good time to buy.
laser17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:58 AM   #17
Jamie
.
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Shelby, NC
Oddometer: 1,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by laser17 View Post
FWIW: You can get 11's for $4k right now. Thats half price for a 2 year old bike. Good time to buy.
Where?
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:37 AM   #18
laser17
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Boston,Massachusetts
Oddometer: 670
http://www.jackscycles.com/used.html

$4k would get that 11 Beta at the top of the page. (bike is in very good shape) Shipping would add around $300 if your near a forward air terminal. Seller just took delivery of a new 13 Beta and is motivated to sell the 11. (was asking $4500)
laser17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:23 PM   #19
Jamie
.
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Shelby, NC
Oddometer: 1,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by laser17 View Post
http://www.jackscycles.com/used.html

$4k would get that 11 Beta at the top of the page. (bike is in very good shape) Shipping would add around $300 if your near a forward air terminal. Seller just took delivery of a new 13 Beta and is motivated to sell the 11. (was asking $4500)
Thanks for the link. The owner would not ship.
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:15 PM   #20
laser17
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Boston,Massachusetts
Oddometer: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Thanks for the link. The owner would not ship.
I dont think he knew that his dealer will crate and ship it for him for a reasonable price and may have changed his tune on the no shipping part. Hope you can work things out - if not, still a good time of year to buy. The new betas are in and they are sexy beasts, so many are jumping up.
laser17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:11 AM   #21
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Oddometer: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayEagleRider View Post
Looking for some feedback from inmates with experience on the Montesa 315 and Beta Rev 3 around the 2003 model year.

I am looking at making my first trials bike purchase and considering the two bikes to get started on. I have talked to a number of people and now have the opinion that the Montesa is the overall better bike, my question is by what size margin.

Thoughts

No contest here..........the Honda is better in almost every way if you are looking at a used bike, and doesnt come with inbuilt and expensive prospective problem areas like the Beta. However even though thats certainly the case, a Beta in good condition which has been properly maintained is still going to be better than a Honda which has been abused.
Twin-shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #22
GrayEagleRider OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Oddometer: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-shocker View Post
No contest here..........the Honda is better in almost every way if you are looking at a used bike, and doesnt come with inbuilt and expensive prospective problem areas like the Beta. However even though thats certainly the case, a Beta in good condition which has been properly maintained is still going to be better than a Honda which has been abused.
Thanks for the info, pulled the trigger and brought the bike back tonight with the help of another inmate... Thanks Motojunkie!

The bike is in very good shape and I know the history of bike as being well maintained.
GrayEagleRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #23
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Oddometer: 1,673
If you have the Honda, you have made the right choice.
Twin-shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:26 AM   #24
GrayEagleRider OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Oddometer: 229
Montesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-shocker View Post
If you have the Honda, you have made the right choice.
Yep, got the Montesa and glad I did.
GrayEagleRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:01 AM   #25
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Oddometer: 1,673
Its a good bike............far more reliable than any of the Euros, and ideal for a nwecomer.
Twin-shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:51 AM   #26
GrayEagleRider OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Oddometer: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-shocker View Post
Its a good bike............far more reliable than any of the Euros, and ideal for a nwecomer.
Thanks. I was able to take the bike out yesterday for a good ride with another inmate. Had a blast
Learning curve is pretty steep as my brain is still programmed for big enduros, but the bike performed very well and seems to be (knock on wood) very solid.
GrayEagleRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:59 AM   #27
motojunky
Professional Idiot
 
motojunky's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: North East, MD
Oddometer: 1,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayEagleRider View Post
Thanks. I was able to take the bike out yesterday for a good ride with another inmate. Had a blast
Learning curve is pretty steep as my brain is still programmed for big enduros, but the bike performed very well and seems to be (knock on wood) very solid.
By the way, it occurred to me this morning that your bike will forever be known as "The Hippo."

Merry Christmas!
motojunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #28
GrayEagleRider OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Oddometer: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by motojunky View Post
By the way, it occurred to me this morning that your bike will forever be known as "The Hippo."

Merry Christmas!
Haha, Classic. My daughter keeps going out in the garage checking on "The Hippo." She is super excited, maybe even more than me.

Merry Christmas to you too!
GrayEagleRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014