Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #16
pops
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tussocktopper View Post
Pops, any more photos especialy mounts and subframe?

Hi Alex

I do like the LLinks
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:37 AM   #17
Tussocktopper
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Thanks Pops at the monent I am thinking of taking the 2 east/west sidecar frame bars across to the right side in front of the motor and under the swing arm and conect to a subframe with horizontal bolts. It will be vertically bolted to the left side subframe to give lean in/out adjustment using shims. the subframe tubes will curve up to under the steering head and a conventional down tube with adustment goes to the front E/W tube near the body. Let me know if you or anyone else thinks this is crazy
Tussocktopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #18
floyd_of_oz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Thats pretty sweet!

Anyone know what the headlight, headlight surround and the screen are off, or who makes them?
floyd_of_oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:29 PM   #19
tripodtiger
I used to be SCRay

Oddometer: 4,565
I've got some video of a different one at the 24. Now, if I can just get the editor to work properly. Stay tuned.

Very impressive rider only outfit. Trouble with DRs is that they barely manage 120km/h as a solo bike. Yes, they can go faster but they would also blow up faster.

Gearing?

http://tripodtiger.smugmug.com/
tripodtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #20
tripodtiger
I used to be SCRay

Oddometer: 4,565
This one

Do you reckon she really understood?

Anyone want to explain the air fitting at the back?

http://tripodtiger.smugmug.com/
tripodtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #21
floyd_of_oz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripodtiger View Post
This one

Do you reckon she really understood?

Anyone want to explain the air fitting at the back?

Im not so sure she got it :P

Yeah the air fitting is weird....to pressurize the tank for some reason?
floyd_of_oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:19 PM   #22
sh1bby69
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 519
Pretty hack!
Old 09-02-2013, 12:46 AM   #23
colm
Hopefull

Oddometer: 128
DR650 Sidecar

Wanting to fit an outfit to the DR. Any one have a design for Left Hand mounts on the bike I can use.
Will consider purchase of the mounts and possibly the whole outfit

Col
colm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #24
3legs
Real men ride sidecars

Oddometer: 1,023
E-mail or PM Jay at DMC Sidecars. I think he may sell mounting kits for LHS outfits for DR's. He is an inmate here. I'm pretty sure he sold a mounting kit for a KLR to a bloke here in Australia and from memory the price was very reasonable. No harm in asking if he has them for DR's.

3legs
3legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #25
Eddieb
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 897
Bump, also interested in closeups of the mounts on the bike. I'm in NZ and have a velorex I want to mount to my DR.

www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz Free GPS tracks for New Zealand & more
www.FlyingtheChair.co.nz - NZ sidecar forums
Eddieb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:11 PM   #26
Eddieb
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3legs View Post
E-mail or PM Jay at DMC Sidecars. I think he may sell mounting kits for LHS outfits for DR's. He is an inmate here. I'm pretty sure he sold a mounting kit for a KLR to a bloke here in Australia and from memory the price was very reasonable. No harm in asking if he has them for DR's.

3legs
I emailed Jay, they don't do a LHS for the DR, KLR only. Though Jay did mention they could weld the lower mounts onto the opposite side of the bottom subframe, that would just leave the upper points to organise.

www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz Free GPS tracks for New Zealand & more
www.FlyingtheChair.co.nz - NZ sidecar forums
Eddieb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:13 AM   #27
DavePave
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
DR650 hook up

I have a DR 650 with the DMC sub frame. It works well. As I am in the states my car is on the right side. DMC may make a sub frame that allows fitment on the left. I strongly advise the use of a sub frame on that bike.

The Velorex should attach similarly as to how mine does.

One note about the DMC upper forward mount in my case was that it will not work with the IMS tank. It works very well with the standard Suzuki tank. I modified mine to work with the IMS tank.

The DR makes a great tug. I am very happy with mine. I can easily hold 70 on the highway, and it is geared (14 tooth in the front) low enough to be great fun on the back roads and in full off-road conditions.

I haven't found anyone that readily makes a Leading link set up for less than an arm or a leg, bit it's quite manageable without.

Enjoy it.

BTW, to your original point DMC (and others) sell the attachment arms. I'd call Jay @ DMC or email him, I am sure he'll know exactly what you need to get it running.

Dave
DavePave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #28
DavePave
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
DMC sub frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddieb View Post
I emailed Jay, they don't do a LHS for the DR, KLR only. Though Jay did mention they could weld the lower mounts onto the opposite side of the bottom subframe, that would just leave the upper points to organise.

The reason his upper sub frame won't work is ... They are using the swing arm pivot bolt - to bolt into, for the rear attachment point. That won't work in your case because it threads in from the left side of the bike with the threads on the right side. You might look to see if that bolt can be reversed the go in from the right side - allowing DMC to build a mount for you on the left side.

The only other alternative is to come up with your own mounting system at least for the upper sections.

The forward mount isn't too bad to make up as it replaces the upper motor mount. It's just a flat plate 1/4" - 5/8" thick with a solid arm coming out below and in front of the tank. The rear mount is tricky, but only from the aspect of getting enough connections for a strong tie point. Which is why DMC wisely used the swing arm pivot bolt and the rear passenger foot peg bolts. That area of the frame is very strong.

If you need photos of my set up let me know.......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did some checking.... after I posted this yesterday.

It appears that you can reverse that swing arm pivot bolt. Take a look at the Illustrated Parts Breakdown, and to me it looks do-able.
http://www.suzukipartshouse.com/oemparts/a/suz/506b325ef870022ba8af9a71/rear-swinging-arm

that IPB is for the 2008 K8 model imported to the states. Not sure which model year you have, but I'm fairly certain that the swing arm doesn't change for different countries, just things like engine jets and other "Environmental" items. If you have a different model year that site will let you choose.....

For parts closer to your home try;
http://www.srkengineering.com.au
http://www.premiersidecars.com.au/

One last item; I came to the same conclusion as the guy that owns the bike in the original post. The Bridgestone TW22 tire with its solid rubber tread in the center lasts much longer than any other tire I've tried to date. Thus far I have 1500 miles on one with no visible signs of wear yet. Other tires wear out fairly quickly.

Good luck, Dave

DavePave screwed with this post 11-19-2013 at 06:42 PM
DavePave is offline   Reply With Quote