Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 06:04 AM   #31
cchoc
Outdoor Photographer

Oddometer: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by petzi-baer View Post

And you got a new bike this year. Enjoy both and hope you have great rides ahead of you

Petzi-baer
Thanks, I hope so and plan to.
cchoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:40 AM   #32
Sadlsor
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 690
Polaris Acquires Klim

Didn't see this on ADV yet... but then, I don't know where to look for it.
Heck... I don't even know where to POST this!!

http://www.klim.com/en-us/news/snow/...47374719591232
Old 12-07-2012, 07:47 AM   #33
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadlsor View Post
Didn't see this on ADV yet... but then, I don't know where to look for it.
Heck... I don't even know where to POST this!!

http://www.klim.com/en-us/news/snow/...47374719591232

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=846546
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:54 AM   #34
Sadlsor
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 690
Okaaaay then...

Dang, no one gets over my pals on ADVrider! Sheeessshhhhh.

(But at least I guessed the right forum. Just didn't dig deep enuff!)
Old 12-07-2012, 08:20 AM   #35
Klim Home
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Klim and Polaris

Greetings I would like to address all of your concerns on the recent news, and also thank you for being passionate about the Klim brand. Please read and if you would like to speak to me about it in person I would gladly take your call.
Mark Kincart
Motorcycle promotions
Cell 602-369-1143
Offical release

KLIM and Polaris

As was announced earlier today, Polaris Industries Inc. has, in fact, acquired KLIM. While the ownership of the company has changed hands today, the KLIM brand fundamental function and focus has not and will not.

KLIM is the leader in technical riding gear. And KLIM got to the top by going to work every day to tirelessly source the most advanced material technologies to put into the most innovative designs in riding gear. And that’s exactly what we continued doing after the exciting Polaris announcement this morning.
While there are some questions, speculation and assumptions coming up after such big news in the powersports industry, rest assured of a few things: KLIM will remain an independent business entity and it is “business as usual” going forward.
KLIM will continue to work in its existing facility in Rigby, Idaho with its existing (and growing) workforce. KLIM will continue to develop the same premium-quality products our customers expect. KLIM is still incredibly focused on supporting its fantastic group of dedicated dealers. Nothing about the way KLIM is or has done business is changing.
Justin Summers, KLIM founder and CEO, will continue his focus on continued product innovation, as he has throughout his career at KLIM, with the same passion for research, development, product innovation and customer service that has come to define the KLIM brand.
KLIM is proud to continue pushing the limits of apparel innovation and customer service and satisfaction. And we know the secret to our success in the future will be the same as it was in the past.
Polaris Industries’ acquisition of KLIM is exciting news. KLIM is thrilled to have such a solid resource foundation to base the future off of. Polaris is a global powersports leader with worldly reach that can increase visibility for KLIM. KLIM will benefit from increased international brand exposure as well as investments into what Polaris sees as a major growth area—apparel sales.
Here are some FAQ’s we’ve compiled. We hope they help answer questions you may have.
Co-branding of Polaris and KLIM products.
Polaris will not be co-branding KLIM with their existing apparel products. All of Polaris’ apparel brands will remain independent of each other. Polaris does not want to change what KLIM is doing to be successful—which is being the premium technical riding gear developer.

KLIM Dealerships
KLIM dealerships are the heart and soul of KLIM’s success. They have invested great amounts of time and money into selling the KLIM brand and that will never be taken for granted by the KLIM family. There will be no changes to the KLIM sales staff, strategies, dealership agreements, etc. More importantly, there will be no changes to KLIM dealerships’ status or standing regardless of what type of machines they sell.

What about the other brands Polaris owns or may acquire in the apparel realm?
Polaris is focused on letting KLIM do what KLIM does best—design and develop the best riding gear in the world. Future plans to develop KLIM’s home in Rigby, Idaho into the Polaris Center for Apparel Excellence are being developed. This is exciting and holds great opportunity for the local community. While it is possible additional brands will call Rigby, Idaho their home in the future, it’s incredibly important to remember that each brand will have a distinct, dedicated team (including product development teams) to ensure that each brand benefits from clear and distinct product positioning.

Klim Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #36
oldschoolsk8ter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
I'm glad I bought my suit this year. I hope that things go well, but for some reason this just feels wrong to me.

Klim is still hopefully calling the shots, but now they have management above them, that can make decisions that differ from the original intent of the company.

Well see how this plays out, but I cant think of any small"ish" high quality gear company that I know of that got better by being bought out by a mediocre large corporation.

sounds like someone followed the trail of the all mighty dollar.
oldschoolsk8ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #37
ghostryder
made it

Oddometer: 5,617
Good for them, I'm glad that they made the sale and I hope he is happy.....however I can't think of ONE business that was sold to a big corporation that got better. I hope that I am wrong, and I wish them the best but I don't hold out much hope.
ghostryder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #38
WADE-O
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Klim

I have full faith in KLIM staying true to what it is and continue to press forward. Gotta support the guys that put out great stuff just ten minutes from where i used to live. Keep up the good work guys.

STAY POSITIVE AND LOVE YOUR LIFE - 311
WADE-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #39
Lucky Explorer
Traveled the world

Oddometer: 297
I don't see this as a bad thing. I have their gear and visited their facilities a couple years ago. A total 'family' experience, with everyone working together for a very common goal. They all seemed perfectionists striving for more, and I don't see that changing as it is a corporate culture.
I see them becoming a separate organization within a larger structure. This works far better than you would realize. It offers expanding opportunities for growth of the business and strength for R & D.
I think Polaris needed Klim and Klim will reap the rewards. When you have a great product, you don't buy it to destroy it, you build on it. Think globally and think positive.
Allen
Lucky Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #40
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,907
I feel like I'm reading a yelp review...

Has anyone considered the possibility that partnering with Polaris just might give klim cashflow needed to further develop products? It works both ways.
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #41
bomber60015
Anatomically Correct

Oddometer: 8,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
Has anyone considered the possibility that partnering with Polaris just might give klim cashflow needed to further develop products? It works both ways.

I think that everyone HOPES this will be the exception that proves the rule, and the KLIM simply thrives in the new arrangement.
"Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance.” T.R.
bomber60015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #42
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer: 1,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" - George Santayana.

Unfortunately, most of these buyouts mean loss of focus and the skilled, motivated staff that built the company move on.

"No matter how many [internet] opinions you line up, you can't vote nonsense into truth"- Kevin Cameron
Mr. Canoehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #43
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Oddometer: 4,043
I assumed that Klim was just a marketing front for a Chinese company anyway.
ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:40 PM   #44
HelmetHead Cycle
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klim Home View Post
Greetings I would like to address all of your concerns on the recent news, and also thank you for being passionate about the Klim brand. Please read and if you would like to speak to me about it in person I would gladly take your call.
Mark Kincart
Motorcycle promotions
Cell 602-369-1143
Offical release

KLIM and Polaris

As was announced earlier today, Polaris Industries Inc. has, in fact, acquired KLIM. While the ownership of the company has changed hands today, the KLIM brand fundamental function and focus has not and will not.

KLIM is the leader in technical riding gear. And KLIM got to the top by going to work every day to tirelessly source the most advanced material technologies to put into the most innovative designs in riding gear. And that’s exactly what we continued doing after the exciting Polaris announcement this morning.
While there are some questions, speculation and assumptions coming up after such big news in the powersports industry, rest assured of a few things: KLIM will remain an independent business entity and it is “business as usual” going forward.
KLIM will continue to work in its existing facility in Rigby, Idaho with its existing (and growing) workforce. KLIM will continue to develop the same premium-quality products our customers expect. KLIM is still incredibly focused on supporting its fantastic group of dedicated dealers. Nothing about the way KLIM is or has done business is changing.
Justin Summers, KLIM founder and CEO, will continue his focus on continued product innovation, as he has throughout his career at KLIM, with the same passion for research, development, product innovation and customer service that has come to define the KLIM brand.
KLIM is proud to continue pushing the limits of apparel innovation and customer service and satisfaction. And we know the secret to our success in the future will be the same as it was in the past.
Polaris Industries’ acquisition of KLIM is exciting news. KLIM is thrilled to have such a solid resource foundation to base the future off of. Polaris is a global powersports leader with worldly reach that can increase visibility for KLIM. KLIM will benefit from increased international brand exposure as well as investments into what Polaris sees as a major growth area—apparel sales.
Here are some FAQ’s we’ve compiled. We hope they help answer questions you may have.
Co-branding of Polaris and KLIM products.
Polaris will not be co-branding KLIM with their existing apparel products. All of Polaris’ apparel brands will remain independent of each other. Polaris does not want to change what KLIM is doing to be successful—which is being the premium technical riding gear developer.

KLIM Dealerships
KLIM dealerships are the heart and soul of KLIM’s success. They have invested great amounts of time and money into selling the KLIM brand and that will never be taken for granted by the KLIM family. There will be no changes to the KLIM sales staff, strategies, dealership agreements, etc. More importantly, there will be no changes to KLIM dealerships’ status or standing regardless of what type of machines they sell.

What about the other brands Polaris owns or may acquire in the apparel realm?
Polaris is focused on letting KLIM do what KLIM does best—design and develop the best riding gear in the world. Future plans to develop KLIM’s home in Rigby, Idaho into the Polaris Center for Apparel Excellence are being developed. This is exciting and holds great opportunity for the local community. While it is possible additional brands will call Rigby, Idaho their home in the future, it’s incredibly important to remember that each brand will have a distinct, dedicated team (including product development teams) to ensure that each brand benefits from clear and distinct product positioning.

So if all of that is true........why did you sell out??
HelmetHead Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:31 PM   #45
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,721