Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 10:16 AM   #91
Stinky151
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Alexander View Post
Motorfist ... looks like they do have some interesting ideas and they aren't afraid to go outside the box.

http://www.motorfist.com/ca/product.php?p=80&c=
The owner used to be partners with the owner of KLIM, until some kind of falling out.

"If you're in control, you're not going fast enough." -- Parnelli Jones
Stinky151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #92
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,679
Interesting.

There are similarities in the products looks so I'm not totally surprised.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #93
KingOfFleece
SplitWeight(tm)

Oddometer: 671
Gort-Tex fingerless gloves. Now that's funny.
KingOfFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #94
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 9,949
I don't think you can say Victory ever 'took off'. But this is a good thing for the founders on Klim. They get a liquidity event. Polaris is a good company and they probably are smart to buy a gear mfg that serves their sled market. The m/c stuff may get shorted, but probably not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoogunman View Post
A lot of this noise reminds me of my old Victory days. When Polaris came out and said they were going to be making a cruiser, people hooted and hollered "What? The ATV snowmobile guys are making a cruiser? Hahahahahahaha" Yep, and look who got the last laugh on that one - Victory took off.

Same thing with Klim, I don't see it as being a bad thing as I always found Polaris to be a stand up company. Their stuff may be more than I can spend, but I don't see this hurting them in the long run
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #95
crtahoe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 331
The problem with all of these buyouts is the debt load. To that end there are only three strategies to deal with it.
1. Increase sales by attracting new customers, that means either going deeper in the adventure segment, attracting new non-adventure segment riders. ( the latter can cheapen the brand to the core loyalist market.) or expanding the current quality products to new geographic markets. ( Europe, Asia etc.)

2. Increase the frequency of sales to the existing market, this can be achieved by continually innovating and upgrading its products so those that have them will want to buy upgraded replacement gear. (This is similar to what Apple does with its products.)

3. Reduce costs which can be achieved by either buying lower quality raw materials or by purchasing more raw materials at the same quality material and get economies of scale pricing discounts for buying more volume.

It sounds as if the potential upside is by expanding sales of existing quality products to new geographic markets. A global strategy.
crtahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:29 AM   #96
mrpete64
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 562
Klim quality...

I doubt, seriously, the the quality of Klim gear will go down. They cannot afford bad comments about their quality control. With the internet it does not take long for the "word to get out" that something does not work well....or does. It was a smart move for both Klim and Polaris. Polaris has the $$$ and Klim has the know how to make an excellent product.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #97
OConnor
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,233
Maybe Polaris wanted a premium gear line in their dealerships to bring people in. Maybe these people have money to spend on larger items? I'll wait and see before signing off with the old ," but I hope I'm wrong..."
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #98
F650Dakar_Norway
What off-season?

Oddometer: 960
I'm seriously happy with my Klim Adventure Rally Suit, Klim customer service and followup upon warranty issues.

I expect this to continue under the Polaris umbrella.

I've simply never had better riding apparel for my specific needs in 35 years of motorcycling.
2008 KTM 690 RFR
1994 Honda ST1100
F650Dakar_Norway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:21 AM   #99
Bazgab
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpete64 View Post
I doubt, seriously, the the quality of Klim gear will go down. They cannot afford bad comments about their quality control. With the internet it does not take long for the "word to get out" that something does not work well....or does. It was a smart move for both Klim and Polaris. Polaris has the $$$ and Klim has the know how to make an excellent product.
I agree with this. Klim recently delayed the Adventure Rally 2 that was supposed to be released in early March from a 2013 model to a 2014 model due to QC issues. That is at a least a delay of several months (not sure how soon they could release it and consider it a 2014 model). Shows me that they really want to continue to put out a premium product. Sucks for me though, as I am in the market for a higher end suit to replace my old gear and I had a deposit on the AR2. Having a hard time deciding on something else.
Bazgab is offline   Reply With Quote