Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
uraberg OP
whosaberg?

Oddometer: 684
5% off jakewilson/rockymountainatv possibility.

Mods, please move if this turns out to be the inappropriate section of the forum.

Hi, I'm Uraberg. I'm a thriftaholic. Not only because I need to, but it gives me a fuzzy feeling to know that I got a good deal. I have a klx because it was cheaper than a klr.

This is not really meant as a plug for jakewilson/rockymountainatv, but I'd like to think about a "buyersclub" if you will, to take maximum advantage of JW/RMATV's "Frequent buyers" rewards.

For those unfamiliar, JW/RMATV gives store credit for every dollar spent in a given calender year.

This is what it looks like:

spend $1000, get $50
from $1000 to $2500, get $50 for every $500
From $2500 to $3500, get $50 for every $333.33
If you spend more than $3500, you get $50 for every $250 spend.

I've been doing this for a little while now, and I always end up spending about $1000 in a calender year, and as such, I get half off a front tire. That's nice. but it could be nicer if a bunch of us banded together. (I also use a click through site that gives me another few %)

So how about this: If you need something that JW/RMATV has in stock, let me know, and I'll knock 5% off the price. (You'll still pay for shipping, if your order incurs shipping charges. If you find it somewhere cheaper (without any sort of coupon, online published price, let me know, and I'll get them to pricematch it).

You send me a check, or cash, or a money order. (don't want to have paypal fees cut into it) You've got to be in reasonably good standing on ADV. And I'll get them to drop ship it straight to your door.
This works best for large orders/items. Tires and such.

This is a very marginal operation. I'm happy if it keeps me in tires for a year, and everyone gets 5% off whatever they stock. If there's an issue with your order, then I'll step up and work it out with them. (their customer service has been great to me).

I'm not really a business type, so I may not have thought this through completely, but it sounds like a win win to me. In any case, If you see any potential pitfalls, let me know.

If you're still reading this, then you're in. :)
uraberg is offline   Reply With Quote