ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
Clint Taurus OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 788
To the two squids on HWY 49 today

I know you two clowns were just having a good time racing thru the curves south of Walnut Hill. And I admit I was just cruising along enjoying the great weather and good road and hadn't checked my rearview for a few seconds. But when you two knuckleheads passed me and the two vehicles in front of me in a no passing zone with oncoming traffic, you scared the shit out of me and the other four vehicles in the area.
If you crazy fuckers would have crashed or caused a crash of the others in traffic you would have ruined the rest of my ride.
I can appreciate spirited riding, used to do it myself when I was young and ten feet tall and bulletproof and had balls as big as cantaloupe.
However that maneuver today was dangerous and shit like that makes the rest of us riders look bad.
ferfucksake would ya save the dangerous shenanigans for clear roads!
signed:
the old bastard on the road king with fresh skid marks in my shorts
Old 12-09-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
sixspeed
15 under Adventurer

Oddometer: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le'monjello Jackson View Post
I know you two clowns were just having a good time racing thru the curves south of Walnut Hill. And I admit I was just cruising along enjoying the great weather and good road and hadn't checked my rearview for a few seconds. But when you two knuckleheads passed me and the two vehicles in front of me in a no passing zone with oncoming traffic, you scared the shit out of me and the other four vehicles in the area.
If you crazy fuckers would have crashed or caused a crash of the others in traffic you would have ruined the rest of my ride.
I can appreciate spirited riding, used to do it myself when I was young and ten feet tall and bulletproof and had balls as big as cantaloupe.
However that maneuver today was dangerous and shit like that makes the rest of us riders look bad.
signed:
Sadly, the same happened here this week, but with disastrous results... Prayers for the fellow and the families involved.

http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=433263

Quote:
Two men were killed in two separate crashes over a nine-hour span Wednesday in Richmond Township.

In the first crash, Matthew J. Bortz, 28, Centre Township, was killed about 7:30 a.m. when his motorcycle crashed head-on into a tractor-trailer while he tried to pass at least two vehicles in a no-passing zone on Park Road, authorities said.

Police gave these further accounts:

Bortz was riding his motorcycle about a half-mile west of the Fleetwood line when he crashed into a tractor-trailer while trying to make an illegal pass.

Witnesses told police that Bortz was traveling westbound when he veered into the opposite lane to pass some vehicles and didn't allow enough clearance for the oncoming tractor-trailer.

After the collision about 200 feet west of Lenhart Road, the rig veered off the road, sheered a Met-Ed pole and then jackknifed in a field. The driver of the tractor-trailer, Peter P. Polletta, 41, of Springfield, Mo., was not injured.

Park Road was closed for six hours between Lenhart and Walnuttown roads while police investigated and a Met-Ed crew replaced the utility pole.

Pieces of the motorcycle were scattered along the roadway.

"The motorcycle operator was wearing all kinds of protective gear - helmet, boots, gloves, leather - but that doesn't protect you in a head-on collision with a tractor-trailer," Fleetwood Police Chief Steven J. Stinsky said

Rob 2010 WR250R 2011 FLHP
sixspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
Anorak
Woolf Barnato

Oddometer: 32,577
Lies, I was working at my shop yesterday.

"they live off the carrion of our mutual distrust and bribe us with symbols that equate hatred with manhood."

"I mean at the end of the day, I was addicted to Starting Fluid for Christ's sake!"

"Yeah, that guy sure is terrible at touching moms"
Anorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #4
Emperor Norton
Kilroy was here

Oddometer: 1,017
Quote:
signed:
Were this BARF this would've been relegated to M4MM status.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #5
HapHazard
t00 0ld 2b n00b

Oddometer: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDuck View Post
Were this BARF this would've been relegated to M4MM status.

SCREECH ENGLISH, TROOP!
HapHazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:34 AM   #6
Emperor Norton
Kilroy was here

Oddometer: 1,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by HapHazard View Post
SCREECH ENGLISH, TROOP!
BARF = Bay Area Riders Forum (http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums/)

Typically when someone posts a rant about other bikers the thread quickly devolves into a personals add (eg: M4M etc...).
Old 12-10-2012, 07:23 AM   #7
Treadless
used 2 b aventuring

Oddometer: 5,214
Quote:
signed:

Sorry to hear that your mellow got spoiled and I can't blame you as I've been there also. But I have a bit of a different take on the part if they had caused their own demise. It would simply mean that there are two less out there to give the rest of us who for the most part follow the guide lines of the road a bad rep. Maybe if enough of them do themselves in others will pick up on the fact that they are in fact not immortal. It's their choice, I just try to not let their actions influence the outcome of my day as quite sure they would not give me a second thought.

Treadless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #8
JustKip
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,891
Quote:
You kids git outta my yard
Lane splitting...It ain't just for the highway
JustKip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:42 AM   #9
seevtsaab
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadless View Post
.....the rest of us who for the most part follow the guide lines of the road....
Well that's carefully worded, I noticed you took pains in avoiding 'follow the LAW'. I'll remember that one next time I get pulled over ...
seevtsaab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:54 AM   #10
BikerGeek99
Horizon Chaser

Oddometer: 1,291
AND ALL YOU KIDS STAY OFF MY LAWN!!

- '09 FLHTCU
- '04 FJR1300
BikerGeek99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #11
Clint Taurus OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 788
I should have added some asshat, twatwaffeling, cockholstering, douchnozzelry to my rant for additional emotion.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #12
cybrdyke
In the Dark

Oddometer: 306
On the Squid forum, they're bragging about how they blew away a Road King today....
cybrdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:34 PM   #13
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 6,799
I'm all for the "live and let die" philosophy, but causing a pile up that another rider is going to have to negotiate is a bit rude, if you ask me. They should at least get some loud pipes so we can hear them coming.

High Country Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #14
2manyrides
shifty charactor

Oddometer: 1,583
Yeah, what's the big idea putting highway 49 in the header? You had me thinking...

and here's my channel...
http://www.youtube.com/user/2manyrides?feature=mhsn#p/u
2manyrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #15
Bigger Al
Still a stupid tire guy

Oddometer: 7,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22manyrides View Post
Yeah, what's the big idea putting highway 49 in the header? You had me thinking...

Same here.

Steve McQueen

Bigger Al is offline   Reply With Quote