Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 06:28 AM   #106
DualSportDad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,279
I meant to say "wouldn't". Lay time I was out in the squares the water was very low and we haven't had much rain since then.
I'm not sure what we are riding this weekend. ..either ocala or the squares so maybe we'll see you out there.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using tapatalk 2
DualSportDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #107
HEAD
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmann View Post
I got's my tires mounted...I'm ready for Oil Can road.....
Please NO !
HEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:46 AM   #108
sanpau
Love to Ride

Oddometer: 698
Waiting to hear how the scout trip to Oil Can Rd, the Squares and Everglades went yesterday. It was very warm here in Sunrise. Sanjoh delivered a couple more air mattresses so Casa Sanders will be ready for you all Sat. 26th.
FLA1 I am just planning on riding the ER6N over to the Seafood Depot and meeting everyone there. I will ride back with everyone and then maybe ride out to the Holy Land on Sunday Morn. to see everyone off.......

The Seafood Depot hours are 10:30 am to 9:00 pm so I am watching for a post that indicates an appox. Seafood Depot destination time... I don't need to know until you guys have worked out your route and departure time from CF...or even Fri. 25th.

Hopefully Yesterday some of the Pythons were removed for your riding pleasure......

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
sanpau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:21 AM   #109
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,202
Scouting trip went good except that I never made it to Oil Well Grade Road. Ran out of time, guess we spent too much time being tourists and taking pics of 'gators. Plus we killed sometime just when we got to the Squares becuase of another rider with a flat.

Anyway.....in the squares was no water, but like anticipated, east of the main canal was a bit rough and bumpy. But still doable two up, at slower speeds. First half of Janes from the Squares was about the same way, second half on out to the exit was fine. Not so bad that if you wanna get on it and fly you can, but you will be bounced around. I figure through there I will let the rabbits run and take my time as to keep from bruising the wifeys bottom again bouncing her off the seat too much.

We haven't had much rain so I am guessing the Oil Well Grade Road will be pretty well packed and good riding. My plan is to just try it two up and turn around if I need to.

Sorry for not posting the route jaydee, but I couldn't get google maps to play and post the whole thing and since I am working 6 days a week also I still haven't loaded it into mapsource to make a trip file, to much play time on my one day off!!!. Maybe I can do that after I get back from the winter rally, since I have to get all the farkles on the DR by Wednesday night I won't have much computer time. The post I did earlier has all the major turns in it, so if someone wants to put in the coordinates and post that would be great.

Paula.......will see you in Everlgades City then!!!!!!!!
FLARider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:35 AM   #110
jaydee1445
Footpeg Crash Tester

Oddometer: 3,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLARider1 View Post
S

Sorry for not posting the route jaydee, but I couldn't get google maps to play and post the whole thing and since I am working 6 days a week also
Since we work too much and the Chuckelheads who sit on their computers at work posting on ADV won't I'll take my only day off to do it.
Trying to embed Gmap is making me crazy so here is the link
http://goo.gl/maps/YPoIV
The only gravel out of Clewiston short of the levees looks to be Hill grade @ B on gmap can meet a C if you want to by pass.
At D the adventureous can detour to to Oil Well grade and meetup at E
With the standard amount of smoke breaks, repairs, and chuckleheadery at G Harley test track This route will put us at the Seafood Depot right when the Buffet starts at 4pm I called this morning Then to Loop road at sunset.
Lunch time is going to be in the middle of no-where so bring your Cliff bars and beef jerky for lunch so you can have a good appetite for the AYCE buffet.

jaydee1445 screwed with this post 01-13-2013 at 07:04 AM
jaydee1445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:37 AM   #111
jaydee1445
Footpeg Crash Tester

Fuck Google
Craftycoder's site is DA Bomb
Bring bail money because if the gate is open at the Harley test track JA is gonna want to do some laps. We can just say we looking to buy it for an ADV rally. $7.5 million Too bad Eloy killed the golden goose.

jaydee1445 screwed with this post 01-13-2013 at 07:06 AM
Old 01-13-2013, 11:51 AM   #112
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,202
Only glitch I see is that I have never actually seen the gate at Hill Grade Road Open. Sanjoh might could shed some light. Since 835 is part of the Clewiston Levee Lunch Run and not him or Paula or Sharon as lead us down it, I would tend to think its not normally accessible. If you zoom in on the street view each end is gated and the west gate is posted no trespassing. Thats why I didn't include in on the route I suggested. Easy bypass though, you stay on 835 till it hits SR 846 and follow it till it connects to CR 846, then south back on your route. Hopefully the gate will be open!!
FLARider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #113
sanpau
Love to Ride

Oddometer: 698
I rode out to the entrance of Holey Land this evening and the Wildlife and Game people are out......I suppose because of the hunt.

Burmese pythons, native to southern Asia, became established in the Everglades through the exotic pet trade. They consume small mammals, wading birds, alligators and full-grown deer. The largest one caught so far stretched 17 feet, seven inches and contained 87 eggs.
The Python Challenge starts Saturday at 10 a.m. with a kick-off event of training and talks on identifying and handling pythons at the University of Florida's Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center in Davie. The hunt itself starts at 1 p.m. Saturday and ends at midnight Feb. 10.

Just FYI.......more people out there than normal.........
sanpau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #114
Philip Kuntz
Fleasy Rider

Oddometer: 4,680
Why not join the hunt? Surely there is a python gig in the touratech catalog somewhere.
Philip Kuntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:03 AM   #115
brewmann OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 811
bump.

We prolly need to start finalizing this soon, ya think ?
brewmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:58 AM   #116
Kyle B
"Dirty Jobs"

Oddometer: 703
Lurking!
Kyle B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #117
Johno33772
Johnny Africa

Oddometer: 791
Talked to Jaydee earlier this week ....had some great routes planned.
I'll probably grab a Hotel Sat. night either down that way...sounds like a bunch will be showing up John & Paula's.
Hopefully we don't wake up 32degress on Sunday morning like one of the trips,,,lol

So we meeting in Clewiston...correct?
Old 01-17-2013, 04:58 PM   #118
sfront
Chaos in Motion

Oddometer: 937
I'll be leaving Deland around 3:00am Saturday and should get to Clewiston early enough to have a bite to eat.
Of course I'll be hitting a couple of the CFL TOR tags along the way.
East side of Lake O is a bit longer route than the west but I haven't been down that side in a long time!
Seems like a good day to hit it.
See you all next Saturday morning.

STEVE

So what if it was short....I still had a great time!!!
sfront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #119
jaydee1445
Footpeg Crash Tester

Talked to Sanjoh and he graciously offered the drit ninja to me for the trip so Oil Well Grade is on the route Bitches. Don't be put to shame by DM.
Looks like DM and I will be leaving from Babson Park Saturday am.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #120
sanjoh
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,551
If anyone wants to stay in Babson Park Friday night, you are more than welcome.

No human should be up at 3am
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote