Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 08:05 AM   #1
TheOtherBart OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,817
Experiences with www.hardwaresource.com?

I'm looking for a source of 8mm Soss barrel hinges, but that particular size seems hard to locate. I found them at www.hardwaresource.com, but their prices for the larger sizes are so much lower than other places I've seen (like 1/3 as much) that I'm leery. Anyone done business with them before?
TheOtherBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #2
slackmeyer
Don't mean sheeit. .

Oddometer: 2,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherBart View Post
I'm looking for a source of 8mm Soss barrel hinges, but that particular size seems hard to locate. I found them at www.hardwaresource.com, but their prices for the larger sizes are so much lower than other places I've seen (like 1/3 as much) that I'm leery. Anyone done business with them before?
I bought about $120 worth of cabinet hinges from them last year, no complaints at all. Not really much to say, I paid them money, they sent me hinges. Their prices on the soss hinges seems good, but I don't see the price difference that you're seeing- my other go-to hardware source is lee valley, but like you say, they only offer down to 10mm soss hinges.

ktm
old bmw
others
slackmeyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #3
OLD GREEN
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
I've used them a few times for cabinet hardware and it has always showed up in a timely manner. Never had a bad deal...
OLD GREEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #4
TheOtherBart OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD GREEN View Post
I've used them a few times for cabinet hardware and it has always showed up in a timely manner. Never had a bad deal...
That's one vote of confidence, thanks. I actually found the same hinges through Amazon, more expensive than HardwareResource but less than Woodcraft. I've used 10mm versions before but in 1/2" stock that doesn't leave much room for error.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:09 PM   #5
TheOtherBart OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackmeyer View Post
I bought about $120 worth of cabinet hinges from them last year, no complaints at all. Not really much to say, I paid them money, they sent me hinges. Their prices on the soss hinges seems good, but I don't see the price difference that you're seeing- my other go-to hardware source is lee valley, but like you say, they only offer down to 10mm soss hinges.
And that's two...probably enough to make it worth keeping them on the vendor list.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: