ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2005, 04:30 PM   #16
Guaglione
Country mice

Oddometer: 2,292
Really, I don't think it's so much to want in a woman: Tall, skinny, chesty, beautiful, Incredible eyes, smart, chesty.

That's all I really want.

Did I mention chesty??

"This is the sort of ardent pedantry up with which I will not put."
Winston Churchill
Guaglione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 04:46 PM   #17
gentry
For Reasons Unknown...

Oddometer: 3,251
Post 'em here

You gotta seperate the girls from the bike info or someone will be asking how to get a "chesty" for their Thumper...

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:03 PM   #18
Guaglione
Country mice

Jennifer Connelly is WAY too classy for Toxic Britney.

A chesty for their thumper? hmmm, I'd like a chesty for my boxer.

This thread is mine, all mine!!!!! More pics of Jennifer to follow as soon as I get home and have a faster connection!!!!!!

Winston Churchill
Old 07-05-2005, 07:24 PM   #19
gentry
For Reasons Unknown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guaglione
Jennifer Connelly is WAY too classy for Toxic Britney.

A chesty for their thumper? hmmm, I'd like a chesty for my boxer.

This thread is mine, all mine!!!!! More pics of Jennifer to follow as soon as I get home and have a faster connection!!!!!!

True...true....

So post one there called "Classy Connelly" All those 80's girls standing next to shiny new 1982 Honda's is pretty boring anyway....

(um, not that I ever look.....)

Old 07-05-2005, 07:30 PM   #20
gentry
For Reasons Unknown...

Anyways... BajaDave - Where do we meet up over there for the run?

Old 07-05-2005, 08:24 PM   #21
BajaDave
Crazy Bastard

Oddometer: 263
Okay, here's the skinny:

The date of this ride is August 27th to the 29th. Sorry about the mixup. BoxerRob, would you please ask the administrator to change the name of this thread to reflect the correct dates, as it is your original post?

Also, anyone interested in this ride please go to the GripTwister website and click on the "Upcoming Rides" link, then the link to the Funride and read all the pertinent information there regarding this ride.

A key difference of this ride from the May ride is that this ride is open to riders with GPS receivers, and who have purchased the Olympic Mountains Loop GPS Tour (or will be purchasing it).

Hope we get a nice size group!!

Dave

GripTwister Dual Sport Tours
BajaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 09:07 PM   #22
Guaglione
Country mice

waitaminute?

The May ride was open to people with or without GPS receivers. Did you mean to say that this ride is open ONLY to people with GPS units?

ps - Jennifer Connelly.

Winston Churchill
Old 07-05-2005, 09:07 PM   #23
Guaglione
Country mice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry
True...true....

So post one there called "Classy Connelly" All those 80's girls standing next to shiny new 1982 Honda's is pretty boring anyway....

(um, not that I ever look.....)
Yeah, you gotta watch what you say, now that yer wife is posting here!!!

Winston Churchill
Old 07-05-2005, 09:17 PM   #24
gentry
For Reasons Unknown...

Quote:
Yeah, you gotta watch what you say, now that yer wife is posting here!!!

To quote GS Dakar: "My wife would never had to worry about me cheating because Ive got my bikes..."

I love my girl...

Old 07-05-2005, 09:18 PM   #25
gentry
For Reasons Unknown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaDave
Okay, here's the skinny:

The date of this ride is August 27th to the 29th. Sorry about the mixup. BoxerRob, would you please ask the administrator to change the name of this thread to reflect the correct dates, as it is your original post?

Also, anyone interested in this ride please go to the GripTwister website and click on the "Upcoming Rides" link, then the link to the Funride and read all the pertinent information there regarding this ride.

A key difference of this ride from the May ride is that this ride is open to riders with GPS receivers, and who have purchased the Olympic Mountains Loop GPS Tour (or will be purchasing it).

Hope we get a nice size group!!

Dave

I hope to make it. I bought the '04 package, is that OK to use?? I gotta get a mount for the DRZ but Im running a Garmin GPS V.

Old 07-06-2005, 02:02 AM   #26
BajaDave
Crazy Bastard

Quote:
waitaminute?

The May ride was open to people with or without GPS receivers. Did you mean to say that this ride is open ONLY to people with GPS units?

ps - Jennifer Connelly.
Yes. Will this negatively impact your enjoyment of the ride?

Of course I have no authority to tell people where and when they can and cannot ride, but let's just say that I'm extending the invitation to those who support or will support the product. I think I was more than generous with my original ride by extending the invitation to any and all comers, as I have done once a year since the first release of the GPS tour... and it was a great time. However, this ride is a "bonus" or "encore" ride, that is to say I wouldn't normally do it twice in one year, and this time that's how I'd like to run it... with riders who are navigating it by GPS and supporting the continued updates and releases of the Olympic Mountains Loop GPS Tour. With only one exception, the riders without GPS on the May ride all felt that they would be getting a GPS in the future and would like to do the route again.

A sincere apology from me to anyone who feels this is unreasonable, but...

Dave

Old 07-06-2005, 07:56 AM   #27
Guaglione
Country mice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaDave
Yes. Will this negatively impact your enjoyment of the ride?

Of course I have no authority to tell people where and when they can and cannot ride, but let's just say that I'm extending the invitation to those who support or will support the product. I think I was more than generous with my original ride by extending the invitation to any and all comers, as I have done once a year since the first release of the GPS tour... and it was a great time. However, this ride is a "bonus" or "encore" ride, that is to say I wouldn't normally do it twice in one year, and this time that's how I'd like to run it... with riders who are navigating it by GPS and supporting the continued updates and releases of the Olympic Mountains Loop GPS Tour. With only one exception, the riders without GPS on the May ride all felt that they would be getting a GPS in the future and would like to do the route again.

A sincere apology from me to anyone who feels this is unreasonable, but...

Dave
Dave,

I hope you didn't take my question the wrong way. Your original answer was worded "this ride is open to riders with GPS receivers" not "This ride is ONLY open to riders with GPS receivers" so i merely wanted clarification, and if anything, it will greatly enhance my enjoyment of the ride. As one of the people who said that they would be willing to guide people without a GPS unit in May, I found myself holding back, something I'd prefer not to do this time.

Furthermore, I think you are being MORE than reasonable about this. Even though I bought the '04 package and you updated it for me before the May ride, I intend to pay you for the update before the August ride. I don't think it would be unreasonable for you to ask the same of others who are repeating the ride. $25.00 for your guide services is cheap. The service you provide is excellent, and a bargain at the price you charge. So, in my mind, whatever rules you choose to set are fine by me, and I hope they are fine by everyone else.

Looking forward to it.

Luca

Winston Churchill
Old 07-06-2005, 04:23 PM   #28
BajaDave
Crazy Bastard

Quote:
Dave,

I hope you didn't take my question the wrong way. Your original answer was worded "this ride is open to riders with GPS receivers" not "This ride is ONLY open to riders with GPS receivers" so i merely wanted clarification, and if anything, it will greatly enhance my enjoyment of the ride. As one of the people who said that they would be willing to guide people without a GPS unit in May, I found myself holding back, something I'd prefer not to do this time.

Furthermore, I think you are being MORE than reasonable about this. Even though I bought the '04 package and you updated it for me before the May ride, I intend to pay you for the update before the August ride. I don't think it would be unreasonable for you to ask the same of others who are repeating the ride. $25.00 for your guide services is cheap. The service you provide is excellent, and a bargain at the price you charge. So, in my mind, whatever rules you choose to set are fine by me, and I hope they are fine by everyone else.

Looking forward to it.

Luca
Okay, I wasn't sure what you meant, so thanks for the clarification.

As for paying for an update, it's not something that's necessary for those who've already purchased the 2005 package, including yourself. Anyone with a GPS and a tour package purchased at any time is invited.

Thanks to input from users like yourself, the 2005 "package" itself has been improved. The booklet is now spiral bound with full color front and back covers. The CD is now a small biz card size that is contained in a sleeve inside the back cover. To make the whole thing more user friendly, when you put the CD into your computer, your web browser launches and opens up a main page where you can select various links to either read the instructions, read helpful hints and tips, view the Forest Service flyers in PDF format of their campgrounds along the tour, view pictures from the tour, or access more information about GripTwister Tours, including galleries of photos and videos from our tours (similar to the on-line website, but enhanced for the CD). All of this information and media is on the CD, so an internet connection is not necessary to utilize it.

These enhancements were an effort to make it more user friendly, but also to provide a compact, colorful packaging suitable for marketing and display. In fact, area motorcycle shops will soon have the tour on their shelves. I'll add a page to the website in the near future listing the shops where it is available. Buying it from your local motorcycle dealer will save you the five dollar shipping and handling charge, but if it's not available near you, it will continue to be offered on-line at http://www.griptwister.com The price of the package is now $39.95.

Gentry-- I will still exchange your 2004 version for the "old" 2005 version at no cost, as I still have a copy on my shelf. Or, if you wish, upgrade you to the new version for the difference in price. Just bring your 2004 package with you.

Hopefully we'll see a good mix or riders from May's ride as well as some others who for one reason or another didn't make it to that event.

Dave

Old 07-06-2005, 08:00 PM   #29
Guaglione
Country mice

Thank you for clarifying my clarification.

All clear??

Dave, is the route the same, no updates?

Did you add some new waypoints such as
RTALDHBH (route a, luca dumped his bike here) and
RTBLWOIBSH (Route b Luca wiped out in bear shit here?

Looking forward to this. Hope the sun comes out, and I can keep the rubber facing the right way.

Winston Churchill
Old 07-06-2005, 11:28 PM   #30
gentry
For Reasons Unknown...

Quote:
All clear??

Dave, is the route the same, no updates?

Did you add some new waypoints such as
RTALDHBH (route a, luca dumped his bike here) and
RTBLWOIBSH (Route b Luca wiped out in bear shit here?

Looking forward to this. Hope the sun comes out, and I can keep the rubber facing the right way.

Dork.

When are we gettin' a pitcher?