Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 07:57 AM   #1
mhpr262 OP

Oddometer: 3,397
Eye Candy Ammo

I have just taken up the hobby of slingshot shooting and since the weather is currently so cold over here that one can basically only shoot indoors where you can retrieve your ammo from your catchbox as often as you want, I decided to indulge myself a bit with some nice ammo:

stone marbles:

Handmade glass marbles:

Not in any way motorcycle or travel related, I know ... but they are shiny!
mhpr262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:11 AM   #2
JamesG
Rabid Poster

Oddometer: 10,946
Don't lose your marbles!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #3
fierostetz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 237
what kind of slingshot? I used to shoot a lot at a kid; we'd stick quarters between the boards in a backyard table and shoot at them. I got to the point where at about 30 feet I could hit them maybe 75% of the time - I stopped shooting when a ricochet went over the fence and shattered a neighbors glass back door. I've been interested in getting back into it, because it's cheap and fun. I never used marbles much, mostly ballbearings or candy (because the candies are smooth, fairly even in weight, and will shatter instead of breaking things). I once hit a robin in the head... with a candy called a robin's egg.

I used to use a wrist rocket that I got at wal-mart, then a few homemade ones. I currently have one, forget the origin, but it's got black bands and trying to draw it back makes me feel like a wimp... no wrist brace + a really strong band makes for a really hard shooter, but kinda hard to aim. Did you get into it because of Joerg Sprave, or just because?
Old 12-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
mhpr262 OP

Oddometer: 3,397
Yes, Jörg and his videos played some part, but I had always just wanted to try it.

I am frequently on www.slingshotforums.com, lots of good advice and info there. With modern rubber you can likely shoot just as hard with less draw weight. If you like building your own stuff you can download some great templates there. I have built and shoot the "Rocket" by member Hrawk a lot, a great design. You can even find a design I have made myself, the "Bad Company", a hammergrip shooter to be made from 18mm Multiplex boards.
mhpr262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:16 AM   #5
Laromonster
Vesperado !

Oddometer: 1,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierostetz View Post
what kind of slingshot? I used to shoot a lot at a kid; we'd stick quarters between the boards in a backyard table and shoot at them. I got to the point where at about 30 feet I could hit them maybe 75% of the time - I stopped shooting when a ricochet went over the fence and shattered a neighbors glass back door. I've been interested in getting back into it, because it's cheap and fun. I never used marbles much, mostly ballbearings or candy (because the candies are smooth, fairly even in weight, and will shatter instead of breaking things). I once hit a robin in the head... with a candy called a robin's egg.

I used to use a wrist rocket that I got at wal-mart, then a few homemade ones. I currently have one, forget the origin, but it's got black bands and trying to draw it back makes me feel like a wimp... no wrist brace + a really strong band makes for a really hard shooter, but kinda hard to aim. Did you get into it because of Joerg Sprave, or just because?
sociopath

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: