User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2015, 09:30 PM   #1
FTCgregg OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
25% Discount at Gregg's A-List

Between now and April 1, get yourself a sweet discount on camping accessories at https://squareup.com/market/greggs-a-list

To avail of the discount, fill up your shopping basket, proceed to Checkout, and on the Checkout page, click the "Add promotional code" option. In the promotional code field, enter the code M2B15 and click the arrow to activate the discount. Your total will be reduced by 25%.

Maybe you've been reluctant to pick up any Helinox adventure furniture because of the prices. Well, here's your chance to shave 25% off your order. That means you could get a Helinox Chair One for less than the MSRP of a Joey. In addition to the Chair One (original, Elite and Tactical), I've got the Sunset Chair, Camp Chair, Table One, Cot One and the fabulous new High Cot.

This deal will end on April 1. No foolin'.
FTCgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:48 AM   #2
BladeRun
Daywalker finally!

Oddometer: 56
Perfect timing! I was looking to get a chair for some upcoming trips this year. Just ordered the Camp Chair as well as the Big Agnes deluxe pillow. Thanks Gregg!
IBA #15728
15 HD CVO Roadglide
BladeRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:34 PM   #3
FTCgregg OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Your order

Yes, great timing! You got the chair, pillow and shipping for less than MSRP on the chair alone! Nice! Your chair and pillow are on their way and delivery is expected 4/1. You're going to love that Helinox Camp Chair!

Gregg
Old 03-25-2015, 04:02 PM   #4
Roadinator
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 296
Nice. Getting the credit card and fingers warmed up
Old 03-26-2015, 06:52 AM   #5
Mastery
Mr. Funny Man

Oddometer: 1,506
Nice discount. Sent an email with question about the Helinox Cot.
Mastery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:00 AM   #6
FTCgregg OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Helinox Cots

Mastery,
The Cot Ones I have are all the newer version, v2, 2015.

I'm not presently carrying the Cot Lite. I might carry it later in the year, but I've not even eye-balled one yet, so I'm holding off for now.

Gregg
Old 03-28-2015, 09:22 AM   #7
FTCgregg OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Good Questions about Cots and Pads

Received this PM. Thought I'd share it and my answers:

Re: Cot/Mat question

[QUOTE=XXXXXXX]Im looking at taking advantage of your sale on a Helinox one cot. Im wondering what mat you would recommend for it. Best fit and comfort. I ride a KTM 690, live in Michigan but usually spend my free time riding Colorado area.

While im asking questions. Have you had the chance to sleep on the Helinox one cot? I read your reviews and it looks like you have spent quite a bit of time on your sleeprite. Are they pretty close in comfort? Does the Helinox deserve the extra price?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions!

My reply:

XXXX, taking advantage of the sale makes a lot of sense - nobody, anywhere, is selling them for less than me, and I won't keep doing it much longer.

My pad recommendation would be an Exped SynMat 7MW or Big Agnes IAC or Q-Core 72x25. Those three are the best fit. I suppose my top pick would be the Q-Core because its side rails are a bit higher than its middle so there's a nesting effect - kinda nice on a cot, I think. You could also go with the SynMat 7 or 9LW or Big Agnes IAC or Q-Core 78x25, but the pads would have a little overhang at the end(s) because they are longer than the 72" cot. The Exped mats have a better feel to them and are grippy; the Big Agnes IAC has the versatility of being insulated only on one side so you can sleep on one side or the other depending on the situation; the Q-Core has the elevated rails. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

Yes, I've been on the Helinox Cot One, though only a fraction of the number of times I've been on the SleepRite. I find them both comfortable, but they're different. The SleepRite is really droopy; the Helinox isn't droopy at all. If you like a really soft mattress, you can dial-in that SleepRite and a sleeping pad to be downright mushy. The Helinox provides a firm platform and, though not uncomfortable, you really have to rely on your sleeping pad for cushioning - the cot's surface barely gives at all.

I'd say that the Helinox is well worth the high price. I wish it was a lot less expensive - they're hard to sell because the price is so steep - but to bring the price down they'd have to manufacture elsewhere (China, Vietnam, Thailand or Philippines) and use different materials (TH72M is only made in South Korea, so they'd either switch to an inferior material or ship TH72M to China or wherever, driving the cost back up). The quality difference between the SleepRite (a cot I like very much) and the Cot One is night and day; no comparison, really. The Helinox is simply better built in every way - materials, workmanship, strength, engineering. Also, stowing the SleepRite in its sack for transport/storage is always a bit of a challenge, whereas the Cot One is absolutely simple to stow; never difficult.
Old 03-29-2015, 01:44 PM   #8
Michagander
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Order placed!

Thanks Gregg for taking to time to answering all my questions!

One hell of a deal

Keith
Michagander is offline   Reply With Quote