Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 08:36 AM   #76
baloneyskin daddy
bikaholic

Oddometer: 1,971
There is no exhaust or comp. stroke if the timing chain isn't attached to the cam its just TDC. The cam decides which stroke it is.
baloneyskin daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #77
Nihon Newbie OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by baloneyskin daddy View Post
There is no exhaust or comp. stroke if the timing chain isn't attached to the cam its just TDC. The cam decides which stroke it is.
I guess that's true, huh...Seems a silly thing to say now...

Now it seems I'm not getting any spark. Battery was just charged overnight, motor turns over with the starter, but it won't fire...
Nihon Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:48 AM   #78
D0N1
Banned

Oddometer: 11
Keep up the ghood work Nihon! You'll figure it out eventually. I can't offer any advice but I can say that a well sorted 87 ch150 is an absolutely awesome scooter! Mine has been through HE11 and back but it still takes me wherever I want to go.

Here we are at the top of the mountain in the Sequioa Natoinal Park in Californina last winter.

D0N1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:10 AM   #79
Nihon Newbie OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0N1 View Post
Keep up the ghood work Nihon! You'll figure it out eventually. I can't offer any advice but I can say that a well sorted 87 ch150 is an absolutely awesome scooter! Mine has been through HE11 and back but it still takes me wherever I want to go.

Here we are at the top of the mountain in the Sequioa Natoinal Park in Californina last winter.
Man, that is awesome!! I will get it sorted eventually, but I'm in the middle of buying a real motorcycle, so all my scooter funds are gone for the moment. Someday...
Old 02-25-2013, 09:30 AM   #80
Nihon Newbie OP
Gnarly Adventurer

So, after messing with the wiring loom, and trying to get spark, I think something is actually wring with the CDI box, or it's flat broken. I'd like to have one to test that theory with, so I'm going to see about borrowing one from an Elite owner around my area, to see if that fixes my "no spark" issue. Any recommendations on aftermarket CDI units?
Old 03-21-2013, 09:22 PM   #81
Nihon Newbie OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Had a potential buyer come by today to look at the scooter. He is going to source a new CDI unit, and we're going to test it out with that. If it runs, he wants to buy it. If not, I'll go from there, and he knows he didn't have to buy a busted scoot.