Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2015, 08:20 PM   #1
orgo OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 324
Boots

Mostly touring with some gravel and dirt roads

I'm currently using older TCX Gore-Tex X-five touring boot. The one problem I've had with them is the shift pad material wore through and I had to have it replaced with leather.

I'm looking for something with more protection. Sidi Canyon , Alpinestars Scout , TCX Touring Adventure/Infinity EVO

Would appreciate any information on first hand experience with these or other similar boots

Must be waterproof and have strong buckles
Old 03-31-2015, 10:13 PM   #2
carockwell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 250
Daytonas are probably the best quality boot out there. Of course they have to fit for the quality to be of any use for you. These are the Daytona adventure boots and are very comfortable for the amount of protection they offer.

Daytona has a unique way of insetting kevlar to provide flexibility with protection and this helps with walking off the bike. Just about all other brands use plastic shields which have to be very stiff to work.

Helimot is the largest dealer carrying Daytona boots in the USA. The boots can take quite some time to get if the do not have your size in stock. If you have the time to wait, the result is well worth it. The price is definitely high, but my experience is that the Daytonas last considerably longer than the more popular brands, so they don't cost more in the long run.

https://shop.helimot.com/shopping/default.asp
carockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:13 PM   #3
JustinP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,204
I personally love my Sidi Adventure Gore-Tex boots. Very comfy for a boot that offers a lot of protection.

P.S. - You can save huge bucks on SIdis and other European brands if you order from Europe currently. See this thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1049557
Old 04-01-2015, 05:33 AM   #4
Mr. B
Contrarian

Oddometer: 1,943
There are already some epic boot threads, you know. This one is the granddaddy of them all:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...ight=boot+pair
Old 04-01-2015, 10:44 AM   #5
orgo OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carockwell View Post
Daytonas are probably the best quality boot out there. Of course they have to fit for the quality to be of any use for you. These are the Daytona adventure boots and are very comfortable for the amount of protection they offer.

Daytona has a unique way of insetting kevlar to provide flexibility with protection and this helps with walking off the bike. Just about all other brands use plastic shields which have to be very stiff to work.

Helimot is the largest dealer carrying Daytona boots in the USA. The boots can take quite some time to get if the do not have your size in stock. If you have the time to wait, the result is well worth it. The price is definitely high, but my experience is that the Daytonas last considerably longer than the more popular brands, so they don't cost more in the long run.

https://shop.helimot.com/shopping/default.asp
Thanks ,looks like a great boot. I'll add it to my list
Old 04-01-2015, 10:56 AM   #6
orgo OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinP View Post
I personally love my Sidi Adventure Gore-Tex boots. Very comfy for a boot that offers a lot of protection.

P.S. - You can save huge bucks on SIdis and other European brands if you order from Europe currently. See this thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1049557
Thanks

I'm actually looking at several Sidi boots . The adventure ,Canyon , Armada

Did you find the fit true to size?
Old 04-01-2015, 11:13 AM   #7
JustinP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by orgo View Post
Thanks

I'm actually looking at several Sidi boots . The adventure ,Canyon , Armada

Did you find the fit true to size?
I wear a 10.5 US regular shoe, and typically a 45 European for moto boots. I found the Sidis to be pretty spot on for sizing. Of course, that's subjective - they fit MY feet great. I tried the Armadas as well, but did not like them as they only had a zipper and no real adjustment for fit. They did not fit my shins/calf and arch, and there was no way to snug them. The Adventures have 3 adjustable buckles and an adjustable velcro closure.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:21 AM   #8
rboett
posser noob 205

Oddometer: 1,829
Sidi adv gortex sizing seem spot on. I usually buy US size 12 (sometimes I can get away with an 11 1/2) medium width, the euro 46 size fit great. Before I had a pair of Aerostich Combats, which are made by SIDI for Aerostich. Sizing was same same. I think a lot of moto boot manufactures run narrow, esp. European makers,, but my foot is just a little on the wide side and the SIDI's are fine.
If you are going to be in dirt and gravel, consider the sole when you purchase, these boots have great traction, vibram like sole.