User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 05:35 PM   #1
findlj OP
How much fun is that

Oddometer: 86
Swappin' out the Mitas e07

I'm getting ready to swap out my Heidenau K60's on my Tiger 800 XC. Really like how these tires wear and handle but dislike a couple of things.

1) They are a bear to change out. Might be a significant problem on the road.
2) The front is really loud on some of the roads around here in Central Missouri.

I'm gearing up for a trip to Alaska next summer and am looking for a durable, nice running tire that handles some easier singletrack and is a little easier to get on and off the rim if need be...

So, I'm thinking about giving the Mitas E07's a shot. Does anyone have experience with how the regular Mitas e07 and Dakars are to change compared to a Heidenau K60?

Thanks for the help in advance!
Old Yesterday, 08:55 PM   #2
Aaen
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
When I put the mitas e07 on my 800xc last spring, I just left them in the sun and grabbed some bead lube and used a tiny bit of that. The rear popped right on, however the front was a bear to put on. Not quite sure why, perhaps not a deep enough channel to drop the bead into on the front rim?

Anyways I did this with spoons and on the grass in the back yard for some practice on the wheels. Overall not to bad.

So far have about 7500km on them and I am liking the wear, was not a busy summer on the bike maybe a 20/80 spilt btw off road (gravel and some logging roads) and pavement. Guessing I will get another 5-6000km n the tires. Oddly the front seems to be wearing faster then the rear tire is, though the last time I checked.

Steve
Aaen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:54 PM   #3
Bayner
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,471
The dakar versions aren't much easier than the K60's. Can't speak as to the non dakar E07. I do think the E07 is a better performing tire however.
Bayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM   #4
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,707
I don't think any of them are that bad if they are warm. Try putting on a sport touring tire and you will know what difficult means.

I'm running the E07 on the back and a TKC 80 on the front. It is a good combination. I love the E07. It is a lot better than the K60 both on and off road. I've put over 5k miles on it and I'm guessing I'll get at least 9K.
sorebutt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:05 PM   #5
ABBlender
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Just switched out my tires for a pair of Dakar E07's today. Weather was coolish (5 C) (tires were room temp) and with decent lube and the "Bestrest BeakBreakr" setup, all went good. This was my first ever motorcyle tire change and overall not too bad. Front was easy...saved that one for last. The rear was a but of fun, but nothing to worry about.

Start to finish for both tires on a lazy afternoon was about 2 hrs for the rear and 1 hr for front...done on the ground with a couple 2x4 supports under rim
ABBlender is offline   Reply With Quote