User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 06:18 AM   #436
Tjelle
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
First of many steps

Took of the rear brake from a newly purchased Transalp and gave it a good clean. I hope to get rest of the bike looking as good

Eventually when it's all been cleaned and checked, I'll use it to get my old bike looking good again. As this took me about 2 hours I reckon the entire build will take the good part of 2 years

Tjelle screwed with this post 05-24-2013 at 01:40 PM Reason: Fixed the photos
Tjelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:58 AM   #437
AviatorTroy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,568
Finished up going through the top end on my 900ss. One more closer shim to go, and I can button things back up.
AviatorTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #438
D.T.
One wheel wonder...

Oddometer: 9,617
Kinda outside da garage...

Changed the front brake pads on my Dad's 2005 Mailbu. Damn those are the easiest pads I have ever changed!

Bought a 3M headlight polishing kit for $24, started on Dads and now mine. Does NOT seem to work very well.
D.T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:54 AM   #439
Powershouse
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,155
Finally got the ST1100 buttoned up

I had the big Honda torn down for valves, head bearings, new fuel lines, polishing all of the bodywork and other TLC. I finally got it put back together Sunday evening. The last thing to go on was the windshield, and I couldn't help but notice how scratched up it is. I'm working up the courage to to tackle polishing the scratches out, DT's report of how those kits work is scaring me off!

Old 05-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #440
barko1
barko1

Oddometer: 3,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powershouse View Post
I had the big Honda torn down for valves, head bearings, new fuel lines, polishing all of the bodywork and other TLC. I finally got it put back together Sunday evening. The last thing to go on was the windshield, and I couldn't help but notice how scratched up it is. I'm working up the courage to to tackle polishing the scratches out, DT's report of how those kits work is scaring me off!
Won't matter with all those bugs you got up there, but get out and ride before summer is over. Ice off the lakes yet?
DR650, 98 Bimota SB6R, Kawasaki 14, 67 X-6 Scrambler (apart), SL350K1 (apart), 77 Goldwing 1000, Triumph Thunderbird Sport, Triumph Daytona Super III, DR650, MZ Skorpian Sport Cup, 71 Triumph Daytona 500, KDX220
barko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:14 AM   #441
Powershouse
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by barko1 View Post
Ice off the lakes yet?
See DT's post here.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #442
plumbstraight
plumbstraight

Oddometer: 53
Quite a day, next time I will put the passenger armrests to the rear when putting my goldwing on the centerstand. I stepped down on the stand and picked on the handle. My forearm put a small amount of pressure on the arm and it just popped right off. 300 for a set, can't get a part. Going to change the setup to the ones that come down between the speakers and the seatback.

The reason for standing the bike straight was to change out a lightbulb on the mains.

When ordering the armrests the fellow told me I had to take off the frontend. Well, it can be done without all that. I do have larger hands and it is a bit tight, but after reading and rereading the manual it came right out.

By the way the bulb was 50bucks on the internet, I said bs to the fellow, went down to napa and got the same bulb for 12.

Anyway with a bit of patience, it went right in no problem. It is the little spring bail that sets the bulb that takes a bit of carressing. Doing it by feel only can be frustrating.
plumbstraight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:35 PM   #443
2wheelsrbest
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
Trimmed down tool kit, stowed tire irons inside bar pad, hid registration and spare key.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:24 PM   #444
trc.rhubarb
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheelsrbest View Post
hid registration and spare key.
You better post up now where you did that. This way in 6 months, when you can't find it anywhere you can come look and see where it is
1975 BMW R90/6
Follow me here
trc.rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:47 PM   #445
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,233
I pulled the multi function switch from my 99 F350 to replace it, the part that came in was wrong so I disassembled the whole turn signal assembly and cleaned the green corrosion off the contacts and re assembled it. works great now! No more need for the $150 part that I had to order for it to be wrong, that Ford says is not servicable....
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #446
vtwin
Air cooled runnin' mon

Oddometer: 7,126
Replaced rear tire on the Mighty Tempter. Moved the Willys out so I could get the bike out for a ride with the club tomorrow.

"You only have too much fuel if you're on fire"
unknown
vtwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:47 AM   #447
D.T.
One wheel wonder...

Bluhduh

Found out my new to me truck is leaking coolant. From somewhere.

These trucks have a problem with the intake gaskets. Made from nylon and the Dexcool makes them crack and leak. Damn.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:51 AM   #448
Colemanfu
King of all manfu

Oddometer: 3,359
Just a carport, no garage (it's the beach) so some projects are done on the porch between an outdoor closet that holds the tools and the outbuilding where the bikes live.

Project - "fat guy" springs for the KTM.

Very pleased with the results - should have done it last spring. At 200ish+ in full gear I was maxing out the adjustment in the stock front end.
Thanks Jeff Slaven! http://www.slavensracing.com/

Colemanfu screwed with this post 05-19-2013 at 07:00 AM
Colemanfu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:39 PM   #449
D.T.
One wheel wonder...

Cool2

Checked my vacuum hoses on the new Jimmy and noticed some pretty badly cracked ones. One wasn't even hooked up!

Went to the www.s10forum.com where I hang out and asked where this vacuum hose goes to. Rode to NAPA, picked up an intake gasket set for $40 and new 7/32" vacuum hose. Checked the website and had 2 responses! One was sort of helpful and the other had picts and everything of exactly what I needed to know! THe vacuum reservior is behind the firewall and has a 1/8" hose barb that is impossible to see without taking the ABS module out.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #450
Ratski
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 736
Mounted the rear tire and wheel on my kids bike (TTR125LE) and new chain and sprockets on it, and put on a set of bark busters.

Pulled the forks off my KTM for seal replacement.

Helped TopDeadCenter put new to him, knobby tires on his DR350.

Had a beer.
Ratski is offline   Reply With Quote