ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #106
ScottNJ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainic View Post
Anyone know if they had the Husky TR650 at the show?
Both TR650s were there, the Terra and Strada. The Terra looks a lot cooler in person. I talked to Kris Odwarka and he said he rides a Terra to work, and a TE310 for fun. Also, the Baja concept is still alive as well, the latest prototype was at the Milan show. Hopefully will go into production in the near future. Kris and Fred Hoess are great guys and were very helpful regarding setups for my '12 TE310. I spent most of my time at the Husky booth.
ScottNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:54 PM   #107
Oilhed
MarkF

Oddometer: 3,592
I went. Didn't see any Aprilias! I saw a couple MV Agustas and a Bimota DB7, drool. Can't believe how futuristic Ducati has gone in 4 years. I loved the old monsters and super sports. The sport classics and hypermotards made the show a short time ago. Now they look like transformers. Here are a few I loved, nothing new.

new bike - BMW R1150GS
old bikes - Ducati ST3 (RIP), BMW R1100R, R75 & R65, Suzuki Bandit 600, Guzzi V65SP, Kawi KLR600, etc.
Oilhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:06 PM   #108
Detale
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 165
I went today, overall I liked the show. I grabbed a transition 3 jacket at a great deal. Got to meet Wiseblood, damn cool guy and hell he IS 7'. Loved trying on all the different stuff, but I too was disappointed at the "gadgets" selection.
Detale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:33 PM   #109
stbob
 

Oddometer: 1,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detale View Post
I too was disappointed at the "gadgets" selection.
You mean yoiu weren't impressed with all the effort Touratech put into stacking up piles & piles of gadget catalogs...
stbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #110
vivo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Touratech had a nice booth and HEAVY catalogs to cart away. KTM bikes are sweet, no Aprilias, Guzzis, Royal Enfield, Ural, so the show is smaller. Pannagale....emmmmm and KTM RC-8 and the fashon Ducati girls were worth a look see... Sat on the Triumph Explorer and looked it over good,,,nicely made but Top Heavy! BMW GS and Tennere were better balanced in my opinion but I wasn't all that fond of the Tennere's finishes. Personal opinions vary of course... worth going I suppose and just ordered a new helmet because I tried the Arai's and Shoei and wound up with another Shoei R1100 for $349.00 , Competition Accessories.

Too bad Piaggio missed another opportunity to bring product to the actual people who can't wait to purchase...dummies.

Vivo
vivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #111
RonkoRider
Wrong Island, NY

Oddometer: 1,437
MMMMMMM Ducati Girls!!!!!!!!!

Still my favorite:

RonkoRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:41 PM   #112
racermx66
Husqvarna

Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmjohn View Post
Pics, we need PICS !
Unfortunately I never bring my camera to the shows. Hard to take pictures with hundreds of people walking around. At least someone else was able to snap photos of the Ducati girls. I'm not sure how that one Ducati girl was able to sneak in!
Old 01-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #113
ride4321
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,547
My take on the IMS in NYC:

It's always fun going to NYC (unarmed)
The Ducati girls looked great and the bikes were .... well....Ducati's. Now I know what it feels like to sit on a Panigale and I have new respect for Antihero doing over 1K in a day on his. The Multi fits me better than I thought it might, doesn't matter, I can't afford it.
There was way too many people shuffling along at pirate parade speeds through the vendor isles and the vendors didn't showcase what I wanted to try on. Should have tried on doo-rags I guess.
The KTM 990 does in fact fit me and I'll have to take a test ride this spring. This shocked me.
The Tiger 800XC is probably my next bike.
2 1/2 hours is enough time to spend at the show.
I'd have liked to have gone to Dave and Francines party but I was too tired to hang around and took the short bus home at 6:00. Next year.
The bus full of cruiser riders seemed doomed from the start but I spotted a Triumph logo on one lonely soul before I boarded. Turns out he was a trials rider and had all sorts of interesting things to talk about. 7 hours on the bus was easy talking to this guy and he's interested in riding to Detroit and no one wants to do that ride with me. Very cool.
There's a bar about 5 blocks from the Javits with the sexiest Latino bartender in the garment district, incredibly short dress, best beer had in Manhattan.
Pics to come.

Don't you know there ain't no devil, it's just God when he's drunk.
Tom Waits

ride4321 screwed with this post 01-19-2013 at 08:04 PM
ride4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:06 AM   #114
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Ces View Post
Please support some of the small vendors at the show. They are what make the show interesting. One little gadget goes along way for their bottom line. I have no dog in this race, but picture a MC show without them. Just sayin'.
Ron
Yeah. I stood at a booth, with a gadget in my hand and my wallet in the other. The vendor didn't pay any attention to me. He was too busy bsing with the other guy I was rubbing shoulders with. A couple min. of that and I decided his product wasn't worth my time. Yes. He looked at me a couple times, but still nothing
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:03 AM   #115
planemanx15
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,002
This was the first time I went to one of these, here is my input...

CROWDED! I think I was expecting it to be like the Car shows; (busy but over 2 floors so it doesn't seem busy). It seemed way too condensed and it was hard to even get close to the bikes. 2-3 hours was all that was needed to see everything. I expected more vendors, and went with a list of things to look for. All I was able to get was a crappy pair of glasses (that I overpaid for, should have walked around more!). I expected more brands of bikes. Too many Pirates, but I guess they want to see the eyecandy too.. Speaking of eye candy, Ducati girls rock
planemanx15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #116
Detale
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by stbob View Post
You mean yoiu weren't impressed with all the effort Touratech put into stacking up piles & piles of gadget catalogs...
There were a few vendors like that. Honestly I just thought there would be more "new" stuff that I could grab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racermx66 View Post
Unfortunately I never bring my camera to the shows. Hard to take pictures with hundreds of people walking around. At least someone else was able to snap photos of the Ducati girls. I'm not sure how that one Ducati girl was able to sneak in!
Seriously!!! I thought it was just me. Maybe she was an understudy.
Detale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #117
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,123
[QUOTE=Detale;20533527
Seriously!!! I thought it was just me. Maybe she was an understudy.[/QUOTE]

I think these are the understudies http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....ostcount=25040

Speedo66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:11 AM   #118
FIDOLLAZ
Dirty D

Oddometer: 740
WTF is everyone talking about Ducati girls?

I didn't see any Ducati girls!!!!
FIDOLLAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:41 PM   #119
dirtybike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
OK, I think that when I walked in and the place was so crowded, I got frustrated and a crappy attitude. So I missed some stuff that I wanted to see. Was Metzeler there? I wanted to check out the Karoo3. How about Motion Pro? I wanted to see the Bead Pro.
I was hoping for more vendors with GS type stuff. Don't know if I just missed them, or they weren't there...
dirtybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:58 PM   #120
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 15,957
Liking the Super in white...

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote