User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
JerryH OP
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,969
Bought back Zuma 125

Well I guess I was just meant to own a Zuma 125. After selling mine just a couple weeks ago, I just bought it back, with less than 30 more miles on it. The guy I sold it to (friend of a friend) decided it was just not for him. Had not been dropped, runs fine, and I couldn't find any scratches on it. I paid a few hundred less than I sold it far, the guy just seemed to be happy to be rid of it. I've already ordered a rack and Emgo top box for it, and had the insurance turned back on.
1980 Puch moped
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #2
damasovi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,612
so it's like you rented the zuma!

That is good!!

Cheers, Damasovi
Old 12-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #3
Wentwest
How's that work?

Oddometer: 497
Probably scared himself somehow, and decided to get rid of the scooter. Looks like you win!
Wentwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #4
JerryH OP
Vintage Rider

I just ordered highway pegs for it. That will give me the entire floor for storage, plus underseat and top box and backpack. Should be plenty of storage for 2-3 day trips, which is what I bought it for in the first place, and never got around to it. I decided to keep the rats tail, and add a flashing light to it to attract attention if there is a lot of traffic.
1980 Puch moped
Old 12-19-2012, 10:19 PM   #5
kyhillbilly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130
I tried to get mine back but I was a week late. It really was a good bike and I kick myself for letting it go.
kyhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:19 PM   #6
gumshoe4
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 855
Good for you! Glad you got it back...
gumshoe4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:28 PM   #7
Nihon Newbie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Scooting is your destiny!

Man, if only I could buy back the bikes I've sold, with no damage done to them...Ha!
Nihon Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:29 AM   #8
wannabe1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 555
Too funny, I haven't announced it to the forum, but I sold my zuma 125 Monday! The plan was to buy an 08 Aprilia Sportcity 250, but I just can't pull the trigger on it. I'm afraid if I tried to buy mine back I wouldn't be so lucky on the return condition. It went to a 14 y/o girl.
wannabe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:40 AM   #9
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
Well I guess I was just meant to own a Zuma 125. After selling mine just a couple weeks ago, I just bought it back, with less than 30 more miles on it. The guy I sold it to (friend of a friend) decided it was just not for him. Had not been dropped, runs fine, and I couldn't find any scratches on it. I paid a few hundred less than I sold it far, the guy just seemed to be happy to be rid of it. I've already ordered a rack and Emgo top box for it, and had the insurance turned back on.
Sell it again, you may have just stumbled upon a business model that works for you.

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:08 PM   #10
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,723
That's funny. I wonder if I should sell mine sometimes. I really like it but it is hard to justify 2 bikes.

If anybody is interested in purchasing a nice one with its own thread let me know.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661436
cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #11
JerryH OP
Vintage Rider

I don't know whether this is a good thing or not. When my coworker told me the guy was wanting to sell it, I just had to go check it out. When I saw it sitting there, I just couldn't resist. Seems strange, since I had not had it that long. While I really like the Zuma, I already had a Vino 125. I am happy to have the Zuma back, but I was also planning on getting a Suzuki GW250 when and if it ever becomes available, unless there is something seriously wrong that I don't know about. I was going to use the money I got for the Zuma for the GW250. It may still happen, have to see how tax time turns out. And the dealer still has no clue when that bike will arrive, or how much it will cost, while they know everything about the new Honda models.
1980 Puch moped
Old 12-20-2012, 09:56 PM   #12
larrylarry75
Nacho Mama

Oddometer: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
I don't know whether this is a good thing or not. When my coworker told me the guy was wanting to sell it, I just had to go check it out. When I saw it sitting there, I just couldn't resist. Seems strange, since I had not had it that long. While I really like the Zuma, I already had a Vino 125. I am happy to have the Zuma back, but I was also planning on getting a Suzuki GW250 when and if it ever becomes available, unless there is something seriously wrong that I don't know about. I was going to use the money I got for the Zuma for the GW250. It may still happen, have to see how tax time turns out. And the dealer still has no clue when that bike will arrive, or how much it will cost, while they know everything about the new Honda models.
This whole thread made me smile Jerry, take if from me, you can't have too many scooters! The Zuma is one I'd like to play with - along with at least a dozen others - so I fully sympathize with your decision.

Have fun with it...again

LL75
larrylarry75 is offline   Reply With Quote