Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2012, 06:58 AM   #31
Domromer OP
Desert Rat

Oddometer: 1,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbolling View Post
wow, i could have written this myself. (except for the fact that i am not an old ass like you are. i am only 41.)

love your choices in bikes and scooters.
x3

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851060 ... A desert rat explores the south.
Domromer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:08 AM   #32
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,700
I still don't feel totally cool on a scooter. I know it is stupid but I do get a little self conscious about riding a scooter even though something like a Burgman is perfect for the type of riding I do.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661436
cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:18 AM   #33
gogogordy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,884
Quote:
I still don't feel totally cool on a scooter. I know it is stupid but I do get a little self conscious about riding a scooter even though something like a Burgman is perfect for the type of riding I do.

Nerdiness is the new cool. Embrace it, and enjoy.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:39 AM   #34
Domromer OP
Desert Rat

Quote:
I feel the same way and I can't shake it. Especially riding maxiscoots. They don't have the cuteness of Vespas or little scoots. But if I'm going for a ride by my self 9 out of 10 times I'd grab the keys for the Silverwing over the Vstrom. I think it stems from riding big dual sports, I always saw them as the coolest bikes made. Rugged, tough, go anywhere type vehicles. The Vstrom has a little of that going for it. While the scooter has none. But it's way more practical than either bike. It's not going to stop me from riding a scooter, it's just something I'll have to get used to or get over.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851060 ... A desert rat explores the south.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:03 AM   #35
gatling
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,184
The new FLHT-MMG Mini Me Glide...

gatling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:25 AM   #36
tastroman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,525
For those of you considering a KYMCO GT 300i there is a smoking good deal on one in the flea market section. Not my scoot, just one I hope someone buys soon as I don't need another but at $3500, it's tempting.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=842365
2009 Buell Ulysses XB12XT
tastroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:09 AM   #37
Kennon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 278
new Vespa 125 just for the fact it does a claimed 155mpg by uk gallons that is or if they do shoehorn the new 350 motor in and with the S style square headlight.

Kennon
Kennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:38 PM   #38
Phipsd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatling View Post
The new FLHT-MMG Mini Me Glide...

Too much!!!!!! I love it. Can you imagine the looks on the faces of the faithful when you arrive on that?
It would be even better with a Harley 350 single.
Phipsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:49 PM   #39
conchscooter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,728
Bmw 650gt

I am quite surprised to find myself interested in this ten thousand dollar BMW, a brand I have never owned and whose owner clubbiness gives me the same sort of owner vapors that I get from Harley fanatics (and I really like the Switchback). Yet...this scooter reminds me of my buddy's R1200GT in looks and function, at half the price and twice the utility, combining town capabaility with touring capability. I was very resistant to this scooter at first but it is growing on me. As a motorcycle replacement!

IBA#39,523
conchscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #40
gumshoe4
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 855
Off topic for a minute-getting comfortable with the idea of riding a scooter takes a bit of time. Eventually, you come to the realization that your machine is perfect for what you use it for and, further, that what everyone thinks about it is really irrelevant...they can ride with you or not, they can wave or not, they can give you static or not..I've found it's best to ride my ride and let them ride theirs and then we move on from there.

I had the SWing on a Patriot Guard Rider mission last summer and caught a little bit of a ration from a guy riding a Road Star...until I told him I had just completed a 1900 mile tour on the SWing. He then became kind of defensive and regaled me with several tales from the road on his Road Star. All cool...again, didn't care if he dug the SWing or not...it's his problem, not mine. I know what the bike can do.

I have to admit that I still sometimes jones for another motorcycle, but the SWing is such a solid, useful machine that I can't bring myself to part with it. I guess I am a well and truly converted scooterhead...
gumshoe4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #41
gogogordy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by tastroman View Post
For those of you considering a KYMCO GT 300i there is a smoking good deal on one in the flea market section. Not my scoot, just one I hope someone buys soon as I don't need another but at $3500, it's tempting.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=842365
Thats a damn fine deal, on a damn fine scooter.
"Need another". That term makes me smile.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:33 AM   #42
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,467
I m thinking of the Yamaha c3 cubed which can be bought new for 2400 bucks out the door or used for 1400 . Under seat storage. Lots of parts can't even lost much money if you sell it after another 10000 miles of use . Still going to be worth a grand . It just tempting to use for the long trip I want to take next year. Unlike most people I don't have kids ,wife , mortgage etc. About the only thing I ve got is a pyci doctor telling me I m crazy . . If you don't have to worry about getting somewhere fast or having something to come back to then it's a great little touring scooter. It's the fact that it's gets 105 miles per gallon that is the appeal. Even with a my beloved honda helix it's only 62 miles per gallon . Whats better slower trip with a longer time frame or faster ? I could easily see modding a c3 with a roof etc . Whom knows what I ll do. but I do know I m going away for along trip and there no padded room involved in that trip when I do.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:49 AM   #43
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Have you read the ride report about the young couple that rode 2 up across Canada on a C3?

Old 12-26-2012, 09:32 AM   #44
Domromer OP
Desert Rat

Do you have a link for that couples trip?

Old 12-26-2012, 10:44 AM   #45
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

http://scootercanada.weebly.com/