Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Face plant
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 08:06 AM   #16
duck
Banned

Oddometer: 10,403
Amazing story. Glad you're still with us and able to be with your family.

(Just ignore the post of the person who doesn't understand The First Amendment.)
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #17
poolman
Gnarly Poolside Adv.

Oddometer: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRMN8R View Post

I am very appreciative for the all volunteer fire-fighters and rescue squad personnel who attended to my needs on scene. I'm appreciative for the MedFlight pilot and crew who stabilized me for transport. I'm appreciative for the surgeons and medical teams who expertly rendered care. And, I'm so thankful to the God of the universe who breathed the breath of life into their lungs, and blessed them with the gift of healing. These wonderful "PEOPLE" did not save my life. God spared my life, and these wonderfully talented "PEOPLE" played a magnificent and mystical role as instruments of His glory in the process.

- Jimmy
SRMN8R,

Very well stated.

I'm glad you survived and wish you a full and complete recovery.

All the best in the coming year,

poolman screwed with this post 12-26-2012 at 02:08 PM
poolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:03 AM   #18
rebel346
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Thanks for the post and good luck with the recovery!

Merry Christmas and God bless.
rebel346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #19
buzzardco1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Thanks for sharing,best wishes on your path of recovery.
buzzardco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #20
O.C.F.RIDER
Loose nut behind h/bars

Oddometer: 4,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiteyF View Post
First and foremost, I'm glad you're OK. No one likes to hear about another rider going down, especially when it's someone else's fault.

However, it pains me greatly when people (again; PEOPLE) give years of their lives studying and going to school, then going to work every day to prepare for incidents just like yours, SAVE YOUR LIFE, and you thank "god".

Why people must thank "god" for the doings of other mortals such as paramedics and surgeons is beyond me. Instead of thanking "god" for saving your life, it seems the reasonable person would curse "god" for putting that car in front of you, and thank PEOPLE for giving you your life back.

Again, hope you return as close to 100% as possible and this doesn't happen again.

Merry Christmas
Douche.
And you post this drivel on Christmas day no less.
Feh, some peoples kids.

OP, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I hope you have many more.

Chris
'75 Kawi 900 Z1...'90 Kawi ZX11...'03 Kawi ZRX 1200...'01 VOR 400E
O.C.F.RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:58 PM   #21
Tinker1980
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,001
Quote:
First and foremost, I'm glad you're OK. No one likes to hear about another rider going down, especially when it's someone else's fault.

However, it pains me greatly when people (again; PEOPLE) give years of their lives studying and going to school, then going to work every day to prepare for incidents just like yours, SAVE YOUR LIFE, and you thank "god".

Why people must thank "god" for the doings of other mortals such as paramedics and surgeons is beyond me. Instead of thanking "god" for saving your life, it seems the reasonable person would curse "god" for putting that car in front of you, and thank PEOPLE for giving you your life back.

Again, hope you return as close to 100% as possible and this doesn't happen again.

Merry Christmas
That's it. The Thread has crashed and burned. Nothing to do now, but put our heads between our legs, hang on, and wait for the wreckage to slide to a halt.

I agree with you 100%, by the way, but it's a silly thing to point out. For some, especially someone like the OP whom is apparently a preacher/minister of some kind, waking up in a hospital days after the fact can make you feel a bit religious. It's OK. We all handle things of that nature differently.

I once had a little feeling, telling me not to ride my Moped (actual moped, homebuilt, not a scooter) to purchase a helmet. But I did. And I crashed big time, worst two-wheeled motor vehicle crash ever for me - at a blistering 18 MPH. I landed on my head, broke my hand in three places, and dislocated my pinky. That was 2008, and I still cannot quite close that hand into a fist. I know the OP will have a long road to recovery, much more so than I, and I hope him the best for it - whoever he decides to thank.
Tinker1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:35 AM   #22
harrysmith1
n00b

Oddometer: 3
God really blessed you many times. This is really unbelievable kind of story. I just want to say, God gifted us beautiful life, so respect its every moment and always try to make it more precious. Thanks for sharing these words.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:11 PM   #23
bbtech
Computer Guru

Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C.F.RIDER View Post
Douche.
And you post this drivel on Christmas day no less.
Feh, some peoples kids.

OP, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I hope you have many more.

Chris

I don't think you have to insult the guy for making the point he should be thanking those surgeons who saved his life. Not everyone is a christian (or believes at all) and that doesn't make them a douche. What does christmas have to do with it? I am just so glad that the poster came out of this with his life and is focusing on whats really important in life, his family.
bbtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:41 AM   #24
Creeker747
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 264
Keep The Faith

I hope you have a speedy recovery. Let us all respect each other in this this thread. I like how Forest Gump puts it,

"I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floatin' around accidental-like on a breeze. But I, I think maybe it's both, maybe both happening at the same time."

You've been given more life here on this planet to live for a reason...................................
Creeker747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #25
DanMac
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Hmm

Sometimes in life you don't know why things happen. Then you read a bit more and you go "oh, this guy is a giant moron."

God didn't have a single thing to do with you living at all. First of all.. before you try and dispute whether or not you're a giant moron I'd like to point this out:

"Severe concussion." stated mere before this little gem: "No massive brain trauma"

You are aware that a concussion IS brain trauma right Mr. I can't recall 2011?

Anyways...

The surgeons and medical people saved you. So that you can keep going out there and preaching lies to people who listen. You are a frigen stupid person. Riding in shit gear (and also apparently unable to navigate around a vehicle.. but whatever), feeding people your personal brand of ignorance because you are too scared to live without it, and then refusing to thank the human beings that saved you before your magical man in the clouds.

You disgust me.

That being said... I'm glad you're alive because now you have a chance to grow the fuck up and be a real adult making real realizations about the universe and existence.
DanMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:02 PM   #26
Mr. DTM
The Donald

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMac View Post
Sometimes in life you don't know why things happen. Then you read a bit more and you go "oh, this guy is a giant moron."

God didn't have a single thing to do with you living at all. First of all.. before you try and dispute whether or not you're a giant moron I'd like to point this out:

"Severe concussion." stated mere before this little gem: "No massive brain trauma"

You are aware that a concussion IS brain trauma right Mr. I can't recall 2011?

Anyways...

The surgeons and medical people saved you. So that you can keep going out there and preaching lies to people who listen. You are a frigen stupid person. Riding in shit gear (and also apparently unable to navigate around a vehicle.. but whatever), feeding people your personal brand of ignorance because you are too scared to live without it, and then refusing to thank the human beings that saved you before your magical man in the clouds.

You disgust me.

That being said... I'm glad you're alive because now you have a chance to grow the fuck up and be a real adult making real realizations about the universe and existence.

A couple of points:

- I don't think that a concussion is 'massive' head trauma
- SRMN8R had thanked the emergency and health professionals after his original post.
- In his original post, SRMN8R stated his Grandma's words that God looks out for sinners, and stupid folk; as he has implied it himself, it was very rude of you to call SRMN8R a moron.

I think that you owe an apology to SRMN8R.
Mr. DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #27
easyrider88
POsIng PrO

Oddometer: 283
down but NOT out

SRMN8R,congrats on youre amazing recovery from an almost fatal motorcycle crash.ive been on 2 wheels since 1970.last year i had a friend who hit a deer in july.not as fortunate as you he lost a leg above the knee and is still hospitalized.his brain has alot of memory loss and he doesnt have short term memory.im happy that you can spend the rest of youre life with youre son and wife.i enjoy the humility you display in youre post.family is way more important than motorcycling.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:54 PM   #28
lilsmokey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 335
Quote:

Merry Christmas
He can thank who ever he wants. If he believes in god he can thank god for saving his life. Im sure he thanked the surgeons, firefighters and other volunteers countless times. Also who honestly trains to be a firefighter or what ever else just to have people thank them? Maybe 1 or 2 people? No they do it to HELP people.
When my dad had a heart attack, crashed his tuck and rolled off a bridge I thanked god. Is there something wrong with that?

Back on topic... We are all glad you are ok. Someone was definatly looking out for you that day. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We will be here if you ever need anything.

And since Christmas is already over Happy Holidays and Happy New Year.
I ride a bullet. A 2 wheeled, multiple-explosion powered machine with enough moving parts to remove entire fingers. Surfaces hot enough to cook flesh. It propels me at neck-breaking, bone-snapping flesh-tearing speeds, over and trough obstacle's I can only see as blurs. Its a sport that kills the careless, maims the best, and spits at the concept of mercy.

lilsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #29
gravityisnotmyfriend
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,312
Quote:

Merry Christmas
Yes, there is a blatant hypocrisy in thanking god for sending people to save his life and not blaming god for sending the person to pull out in front of him. The Christian God is Omnipotent - which means that everything that happens, happens because it was his intent.

So, you really can't thank god for one without blaming him for the other.

Though, a true believer is going to tell you that they don't dare question god's plan and that the trials that they are put through as a mortal on Earth serve purpose.

Bottom line is this - I have found that it is futile to argue politics or religion on the internet. Especially on a board dedicated to adventure riding. All it's going to do is derail threads and make enemies. SRMN8TR's beliefs aren't hurting you. If you don't share his beliefs, the smart thing to do is to simply move on to another thread. I'd say the same to DanMac, but I'm guessing he's just in it for the trolling.
gravityisnotmyfriend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:57 PM   #30
atgatt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
Quote:

Merry Christmas
I'm glad the OP is recovering well.

Must say that I was an avid atheist when I was young. Now? Well, I'm much closer to my higher power thanks to a friend of mine (Bill W.)... and I'm much happier this way. Anyway to each his own but this statement reminds me of that old joke... can't resist telling it.

Guy is in a house and sees that a BIG BIG storm is on the way. Flooding will happen.

After a day of rain the police show up at the house to inform the man that he should evacuate as the flood waters are rising. The man insists that God will help him and there is no reason to leave.

A day later the national guard shows up with a big truck... asks the guy if he wants to leave with them. Again the man insists God will help him and tells the men to leave.

Now the water is REALLY rising and more men show up in a boat imploring the man to go with them. No, he says, God will help me, I just know it.

Finally, the man is on his roof... the water has covered most of his house. A coast guard copter shows up. "GET IN THE BASKET!" They shout. "YOU NEED TO GET IN!!!". "NO", shouts the man. "GOD WILL PROTECT ME."

The man stays and dies.

He gets to the gates of heaven and meets Peter. He says, "I don't understand... I thought God woud protect me and save me?" Peter replies: "What is wrong with you? We sent the police, the national guard, a boat, and a FREAKIN HELICOPTER... what more do you want?"

Happy New Year everyone.
atgatt is offline   Reply With Quote