White pig

b0mb3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:51 AM   #17
Wasca
Adventurized!

Oddometer: 562
My First Gympie Ride Yeee-Haaaw!

Hi All

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Paul for firstly inviting me along on this ride, it was a great experience. Each time I'm getting out on the bike I'm learning new things, like today, I learnt how to cook your rear brake so it stops functioning while your going down a bloody steep hill!

Second big thanks is to Woopwoop Dave. He took Paul and I through some really great scenery and on some great tracks, without your guide today the ride would have been a lot different.

I'm pleased to say I stayed up right for the whole trip (I'm not counting the incident at the servo Paul). BTW how much do I owe you for that mirror?

What I really liked about the ride was the ability to take our time and enjoy the surroundings, I did not feel rushed or in a hurry and could go at a pace that suited my riding ability, thanks Paul for being patient with me while I'm learning.

To Buggerlugs and Young-Gun, you boys missed out big time! but don't worry, we are planning on doing another ride like it, hopefully you boys will make it next time.

Well onto some pics, lets get started.

Paul eating a Snikers bar, naaah just looks like it, its his camel back.

These are some camping grounds we seems fond of stopping at while coming down from the gantry. There's a nice little swimming spot here too.

Stopping for a small break. The track in the background was called Pauls Fire Break Track (I think) We found the other end of that track on our second day.

Jimna Fire tower, so wanted to climb this but the idea of putting my foot through a rotten step at the begining of my ride did not sit well.

These few shots were from Observation Point in Black Snake (is that right Paul?) The ride up to this spot was steep and rutted out, I stalled once because I was following to close to Paul and had 2nd gear selected while I lost momentum. Luckily I stalled in a berm so i was able to get it going again quite easily.

This is a Datum point used by the Airforce, local knowledge says the F111's used to buzz this spot supersonic.

Made it into Widgee just before the storm started to roll in.

The Widgee shop owner allowed us to park our bikes under the shelter. If you're in the area stop in and say hello, they're very nice people.

Made it to Gympie and to the Hotel with minutes to spare before the heavens opened up, what would our next day be like after all this rain??

Day 2 photo's in next post.

Wasca screwed with this post 12-29-2012 at 04:32 AM
Wasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:04 AM   #18
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,623
That was a good call on taking a motel over a tent!
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

George Carlin
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:30 AM   #19
Ol'NumNuts
Getting Stupider

Oddometer: 247
Hi guys,

I'm really enjoying the pics and commentary...
I rode a 650 Katana around Oz, 30 odd years ago and really haven't ridden much since, not in a big way, anyway.
But like lotsa fellas I'm hearing the call...

Got my eye on the new Husky Terra, but I gotta sell a couple cars first- and the hardest sell of all is a missus who swears, "Over my dead body"...

So wish me luck... And in the meantime pls keep the trip pics coming...

Putting a smile on my dial...

ONN {Underwood, Brissy}
Ol'NumNuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:51 AM   #20
BygDaddee OP
Where do I get a pie

Oddometer: 1,271
Late in the day and only a few more hills to go

Pauls Spot Tracker http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...mgxmQRRUCqrKiY
BygDaddee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:57 AM   #21
BygDaddee OP
Where do I get a pie

I'll never say no to nice cool shady spot on a hot day

Old 12-29-2012, 06:13 AM   #22
BygDaddee OP
Where do I get a pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasca View Post
Hi All

Cut down quote

I'm pleased to say I stayed up right for the whole trip (I'm not counting the incident at the servo Paul). BTW how much do I owe you for that mirror?

Day 2 photo's in next post.
I think the bikers in the Kilcoy BP cafe, and girls behind the counter are still laughing at Wasca pulling up at the bowser, I would be too if I hadn't given him my DRZ to ride from the last bit of Mt Mee to Kilcoy so he could see how a lighter bike handled. Shame he never had the Go-Pro running like he did when he went swimming in Condamine Gorge. But I am pleased to say he made the whole 600+ k's he was on the KLR and stayed upright, well done. I must admit I didn't mind the few k's I did on the "lounge chair", its a bit more compfy than the DRZ.

BygDaddee screwed with this post 12-29-2012 at 06:19 AM
Old 12-29-2012, 06:29 AM   #23
Wasca
Adventurized!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideWithMe View Post
I think the bikers in the Kilcoy BP cafe, and girls behind the counter are still laughing at Wasca pulling up at the bowser, I would be too if I hadn't given him my DRZ to ride from the last bit of Mt Mee to Kilcoy so he could see how a lighter bike handled.
Mate, if I didn't put on a show every time I go for a ride no one would invite me. Sorry for using your bike as a stage prop
Old 12-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #24
Young-Gun
KTM Tragic

Oddometer: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasca View Post

To Buggerlugs and Young-Gun, you boys missed out big time! but don't worry, we are planning on doing another ride like it, hopefully you boys will make it next time.
Hey mate, looks like you indeed had a great time! I also had a good ride Friday, did some exploring in the forrestry area immediately east of Woodford in the morning, then met up with MickD at the Lookout Cafe, had a snack and then he proceeded to take me on some awesome tracks and trails. All up I think I did about 150km of great dirt riding, massive grin on my face! I took some video and will have to figure out some sort of editing prior to uploading. Anyone got any suggestions for freeware video editing software?
Young-Gun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #25
Wasca
Adventurized!

Day 2 Photo's

On day 2 we woke to sunshine with a little cloud cover, looks like it was going to be another great day to ride. We packed our gear and made our way to get some fuel. Breakfast was at McDonalds where I was taken on a scenic tour of the carpark after Paul mistaken the wheel of a parked KLX dirt bike for Woopwoop. We got a great parking spot in the end an proceeded to have breaky.

Not long after Woopwoop comes in and we make his acquaintance, he's a timely gentleman with all the insider riding knowledge for this area, our ears were pricked waiting to hear what he had in store for us. We promptly related our riding style and what we wanted to get out of the day and Woopwoop was obliging, he also commented on how he planned on riding for the day and it lined right up with our plans.

Well off we set, we geared up and Woopwoop took the lead. He promptly established his skill on the tar leaving me and Paul in the proverbial dust but was kind enough to wait at the corners for us We later found out he was concerned he was going to ride too slow for us so he stepped up the pace, I told him he needs to read RideWithMe's forum signature ( Slow down I've got all day )

After the initial tar section we began hitting the dirt trails. Trail after trail of gorgeous scenery and fun filled trails Paul and I were gob-smacked felt like hitting the track lottery. Woopwoop led us through so many places we would just not have found and went with us all the way down to Bell Bird cafe where we had a light snack, thanked Woopwoop again and said our goodbyes.

We then proceeded on down towards Sunday Creek Road and followed that to Middle road which then ended up joining back on our original track coming out of Kilcoy.

So with that I present the photo's of Day 2.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #26
Eric66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 261
Can ya tell us the tracks you took, please
Regards Eric

Eric66 screwed with this post 12-29-2012 at 09:53 PM Reason: spelling
Eric66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:59 PM   #27
Eric66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young-gun-640 View Post
Hey mate, looks like you indeed had a great time! I also had a good ride Friday, did some exploring in the forrestry area immediately east of Woodford in the morning, then met up with MickD at the Lookout Cafe, had a snack and then he proceeded to take me on some awesome tracks and trails. All up I think I did about 150km of great dirt riding, massive grin on my face! I took some video and will have to figure out some sort of editing prior to uploading. Anyone got any suggestions for freeware video editing software?
Was that you guy's I passed on the Jimna -Murgon Rd up near Kingham Rd, I was on the old Tenere heading South.
Regards Eric
Eric66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:59 PM   #28
Hunsta
Have guns will hunt

Oddometer: 5,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz View Post
You haven't been getting any rain up your way Hunsta?
Nothing worth writing home about mate.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:14 PM   #29
BygDaddee OP
Where do I get a pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric66 View Post
Can ya tell us the tracks you took, please
Regards Eric
Did you see the maps on post #15?