User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #1
Throttlemeister OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,614
Cuba with your motorbike anyone?

Anybody who wants to go to Cuba with their own bike?? You can pull off what Greg Frazier and the owner of Touratech and many others have failed to do- Bring your own bike and tour all over a Special Place. It looks like the doorway has begun to open more now. There have just been five more bikes head up on the Stahlratte just recently on the ship's last visit.

The captain of the boat is thinking about taking a trip from Cartagena to Cienfeugos and then over to Cancun, Mexico where you could get off and head home or stay on and go to the nice Colombian island of Providencia and then back to Panama. Here would be the proposed intineary:

leaving cartagena 04.apr12 arriving cienfuegos/cuba 12.apr12
cruising southcoast cuba from 23.apr--02.may
leaving cienfuegos 05.may12 arriving cozumel/mexico 09.may12
leaving cozumel 15.may12 arriving providencia 21.may12
leaving providencia 28.may12 arriving san blas/panama 01.jun12

Fyi: The main reason sailing from East to West over to Mexico is the prevailing winds, it's a real beating leaving from Cancun going East which I know more of us in the States would prefer.

Works well for those traveling Northbound out of SA
If you are serious about riding in Cuba this is one of the very few known ways to get you and your bike into that Special Place. You can always ship your bike on the boat and just fly in if you don't care for sailing experience ;)

A little feeler to see if there is any interest. Post up if your intersted. Good Ron, women, and fine Cohibas await those who make the voyage if your into all that

Not selling the tickets yet just gauging interest, move it to vendors if you want but I wouldn't think it needs it as this is just planning at this point. Its hard time getting a bike into Cuba but worth the trip as long as you stay away from Gitmo btw no GPS allowed
Old 02-09-2012, 04:52 AM   #2
tumbler45
tumbler

Oddometer: 100
We are interested, my girlfriend and I are planning a big trip starting the beginning of 2013. We would love to find a way to include Cuba. For now the plan is to ride southbound from the states, but everything is flexible. It would be ideal to go from Cancun - Cuba - Cartagena. We will be very interested to see what develops with this, please keep us posted.
tumbler45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:16 AM   #3
johanoly
n00b

Oddometer: 1
to cuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumbler45 View Post
We are interested, my girlfriend and I are planning a big trip starting the beginning of 2013. We would love to find a way to include Cuba. For now the plan is to ride southbound from the states, but everything is flexible. It would be ideal to go from Cancun - Cuba - Cartagena. We will be very interested to see what develops with this, please keep us posted.
there is a cruse ship going from cancun to havana , for 80 dollar , i am trying to contact them for it must be easy to put a bike on it i would think , or am i thinking to simpel ,, you can look at ,, travelcubacaribbean.com ,,
johanoly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:35 AM   #4
kantuckid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,705
Lots of people fly from Mexico to Cuba. I looked @ the Tropicana cruises link above- www.tropicancruises.com & it seems disabled and reviews on Tripadvisor , the newest is from a year ago. Maybe it didn't make a go of it? I see no mention of being able to transport a MC on the yacht? If you have the big bucks you can go with motodiscovery to Cuba.
"If I had my life to live over,I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up.I'd be sillier than this trip, take fewer things seriously, I would take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges, at age 85
kantuckid is offline   Reply With Quote