Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > The Garage
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #16
KeithinSC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,164
Riders in the UK have reduced effect bikes (I think). Tiered licenses for riders under a certain age. When starting they are limited in the horsepower the bike can have.

DRZ400 is a popular model for this.
Often the throttle slide is limited from opening 100%. Or there might be a baffle or flap restricting the amount of air past the air filter.

google search "derestricting Kreidler " or "removing restriction Kreidler" Similar models probably use the same methods to limit the horsepower.

Goodluck!
KeithinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:42 PM   #17
Crisis management
Latte riders FTW!

Oddometer: 1,405
Yuki, You are doing very well with a limited understanding of technical english but you need to realise that all your questions have been answered here, it is now up to you to understand the answers.

My suggestion is (as others have said) take the bike to someone who repairs motorcycles, it appears to be a very simple repair (clean the carbutettor, set it up properly and remove either a throttle and / or exhaust restrictor). should take 1 to 2 hours.

The engine is very simple and will be easy to fix.

Finding someone who can explain the technical language as they repair it will help you far more than repeating the same questions here.

I apologise if I appear rude, I don't mean to be and am simply trying to assist you in making some progress with the motorcycle.

If you wish to repair it yourself, remove the carburetor, pull it apart, clean everything and re-assemble it. Take photos as you do so you know how to put it back together.
Search for explanations in your language of how a petrol / gasoline engine operates, the same for carburation. Unfortunately technical terms in any language are very different to conversational language.

Hope you understand all that!

Regards, Iain.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #18
Yukicore OP
00N

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithinSC View Post
Riders in the UK have reduced effect bikes (I think). Tiered licenses for riders under a certain age. When starting they are limited in the horsepower the bike can have.

DRZ400 is a popular model for this.
Often the throttle slide is limited from opening 100%. Or there might be a baffle or flap restricting the amount of air past the air filter.

google search "derestricting Kreidler " or "removing restriction Kreidler" Similar models probably use the same methods to limit the horsepower.

Goodluck!
Thanks for this! :) This narrows down the search significantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis management View Post
Yuki, You are doing very well with a limited understanding of technical english but you need to realise that all your questions have been answered here, it is now up to you to understand the answers.

My suggestion is (as others have said) take the bike to someone who repairs motorcycles, it appears to be a very simple repair (clean the carbutettor, set it up properly and remove either a throttle and / or exhaust restrictor). should take 1 to 2 hours.

The engine is very simple and will be easy to fix.

Finding someone who can explain the technical language as they repair it will help you far more than repeating the same questions here.

I apologise if I appear rude, I don't mean to be and am simply trying to assist you in making some progress with the motorcycle.

If you wish to repair it yourself, remove the carburetor, pull it apart, clean everything and re-assemble it. Take photos as you do so you know how to put it back together.
Search for explanations in your language of how a petrol / gasoline engine operates, the same for carburation. Unfortunately technical terms in any language are very different to conversational language.

Hope you understand all that!

Regards, Iain.
They are answered, now. It's just that I like to precise things that I am doing, before I start doing them. It's just that I need to know myself, where the restrictions are, because I doubt that many people will be familiar with restrictors for motorcycles in my country, as there are no restrictions.

And I just wasn't sure about the carburetor jets being the cause of the rpm issue, but it surely, as I mentioned before, won't harm cleaning them even if it isn't the cause of the problem.

You are not rude at all, you're very kind, and thank you.
Yukicore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #19
CoyoteCowboy
Easily Distracted

Oddometer: 305
If the bike won't idle without the choke pulled, then you DEFINATELY have either your primary jet clogged or one of the orifces in your carb is blocked. Nothing to do with "reduced effect", no maunfacturer would release something that can't idle on it's own.

That said, if you don't feel comfortable doing something like this on your own, call a friend with some mechanical experience and have a cooler with a few beverages of his preference ready. The next step is to stand back and WATCH, and ask a few questions when you don't know what or why he is doing something. That's how all of us have learned how to work on this stuff, it really takes someone showing you how to do it and not make a complete mess of things. And post some pics while you're at it, we all like to offer advice to other riders!
Old 01-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #20
Yukicore OP
00N

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteCowboy View Post
If the bike won't idle without the choke pulled, then you DEFINATELY have either your primary jet clogged or one of the orifces in your carb is blocked. Nothing to do with "reduced effect", no maunfacturer would release something that can't idle on it's own.

That said, if you don't feel comfortable doing something like this on your own, call a friend with some mechanical experience and have a cooler with a few beverages of his preference ready. The next step is to stand back and WATCH, and ask a few questions when you don't know what or why he is doing something. That's how all of us have learned how to work on this stuff, it really takes someone showing you how to do it and not make a complete mess of things. And post some pics while you're at it, we all like to offer advice to other riders!
Thanks for clearing that up :)

I'll have a look at my carb's blueprints, couldn't find them yet. The carburetor is called Mikuni Japan T/A, that's all there is written on the carburetor, but from the looks of it, there is not really a blueprint needed, since it's so simple.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:01 AM   #21
Yukicore OP
00N

For what it's worth, I am going to update on this.

--- The reduced effect.

I took the bike to service, for cleaning, basic check, mentioning the reduced effect, told them to look for anything suspicious that could block the power, carburetor or exhaust, those were my guesses, and indeed they found a part narrowing delivery path of fuel to the carb, I can't quite remember exactly where it was, though. They only told me, I didn't see it with my own eyes.

--- The stalling

I bought the bike used, a man sold it after crashing with it, dent on a gas tank, broken mirror and some plastic parts broken. But what I noticed later on was that the throttle wire was acting weirdly, actually it was the first thing I noticed that was wrong with the bike, for this I was forced to release the throttle wire more loose, also reducing even more power, otherwise the bike would start revving as I moved the wheel to one side.

I am yet to change the wire, but I am almost 100% certain that it's the cause of this.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:45 PM   #22
RFVC600R
SAND EATER!

Oddometer: 2,139
You can do it, it's real easy, It's not something you really want to pay some one to do....

RIDE RED!
RFVC600R is offline   Reply With Quote