Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
skutorr OP
Torr Max

Oddometer: 4
"NEW" 2009 Tmax in California

Hello all!

I've just passed 2,000 miles on my 2009 Tmax that I got in July. Amazing machine!

I upgraded from a 2009 Majesty that had Dr. Pulleys, HAGON rear shocks, Micheline Dual-compound tires and Malossi sintered pads front and rear. For a MAJESTY it went like STINK, ran at 80MPH with my brother's Burgman 650, etc.

Then you ride a bone-stock TMAX and...my brother SOLD his Burger and got a 2009 Tmax. I rode HIS, and bought a 2009 Tmax at the Dealer for $6,200. Brand New.

We have done a few runs up Mount Palomar together, and at the top, sport bike guys come over and say WTF? A "SCOOTER" that runs WITH us?

We upgraded to Sintered pads, AirFlo windscreens, Orion mirrors and FLO oil filters. Next week in go the Dr. Pulleys...

(How do I post a pic here??? Below, it says "you may not post attachments" And, It won't let me put in an Avatar pic or Profile pic...)
skutorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
wannabe1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 552
Congrats on the Tmax.
Before going the Dr Pulley route you should also research the J Costa variator for that bike. I have no personal experience whatsoever but have heard it rips. Ther used to be some footage on youtube, probably still there.

To post pics you have to use a photo hosting site like photobucket and the copy and paste the image code into your post here. It sounds hard, but is very easy.
wannabe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:31 PM   #3
Scot
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 520
I have a Jcosta on my tmax and can't say enough about it. Best mod ever.
2009 Honda DN01
Scot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #4
skutorr OP
Torr Max

Oddometer: 4
Dr. Pulley vs JCosta on Tmax

I'm a member of the Tmax forum in Spain, and one member there took his box-stock 2009 Tmax and videod with a GoPro his speedo/tach with timing runs with
1.) 16gm Dr. Pulley
2.) 18 gm Dr. Pulley
3.) JCosta Variator

He shows all the results and posted GRAPHS of it all on the Spanish Website. I'll try to get them here...
Also, the videos are all on YouTube.

All in all, it turns out that the 16 or 18 gm Dr. Pulleys in 0-100kph went about the SAME as the JCosta, but were better in midrange acceleration and had no top-end loss, like the JCosta. And don't rev as peaky, but pull smoothly across the speed range. They move your full-throttle RPM up to 6,200 from 5,300-5,500, into your PEAK Torque Curve

The Dr. pulley sliding weights last the life of your engine, the JCosta weights go flat-spotted at 6,000 km and must be replaced. (Dr. Pulley now makes replacement weights for the JCosta...) Also, there have been reliability issues with the JCosta and the Tmax. Good for one, bad for another. And that's in Spain, where the JCosta is made...

(Oh, and were about $50 as opposed to $300+)
skutorr is offline   Reply With Quote