Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 05:49 AM   #1
Leo.G OP
Is still learning

Oddometer: 359
A nice afternoon round the Córdoba hills

Hi mates!

I think this is the first time I write here..

I just wanted to show you a little trip I did on tuesday to the hills on my bike, just to celebrate that I finished all my exams at university , and that now I'm free for enjoying summer.. Or mabe working, who knows?

I'm living in the city of Rio Cuarto, Córdoba, the university is there.. All the towns that I visited are in the province of Córdoba, Argentina, in the centre of the country.. And here is the route..

Just as reference:
A and E: Rio Cuarto (Where I study)
B: Embalse (Here there's a dam in Rio Tercero, that is used to make electricity and there is also a Nuclear power plant)
C: La cruz (A little town in the hills, nothing very interesting there, but its river is really nice..)
D: Villa gral. Belgrano (A town founded by Germans, really nice, it's famous for helding the biggest Oktoberfest here in Argentina)

Let's start with the ride itself..
Well, I was supposed to leave early, at around 10:30 or 11:00 am, I just had to go to the university around 10 to see a mark and sign some papers, and I was able to do what I wanted.. I needed to go to the bank and to fill up with gas, due to problems with theese tasks, I didn't got out of Rio Cuarto until 12:00pm.
Here's a little pic of the map and the route that I was going to do (I changed my mind in the middle of the afternoon)

I rode from A to B (Rio cuarto - Embalse), around 100Km in about 2 hours, cause the road was full of trucks.. When I got there, I did a quick spin and went to the dam, spotted a nice place to stop in the shade of the trees, stopped there and had some apples for lunch, after that I started playing a little bit with the cell phone's camera.. (That wall in the third photo is of the dam itself)

And above that, in the road I took some other photos of the dam and the hills in the background..

After that, I decided to go to La cruz, to the river, and to fill up with gas there, because there was no gas at all at Embalse.. It's near, about 20Km, and at the side of the road you can see the Nuclear power plant I told you earlier.. I stopped with the bikes of the workers to take a pic. Sorry I could not take a pic of the actual reactor, it's behind all that red bricks building that you can see in my photos..

And I got to La cruz, the river was so nice that made me want to go a little in there..

Before that, I played a little more with the camera of the phone..

Off my shoes, up the trousers, and in to the water!

And for the girls (?)

Stairway to heaven (?)

After all that play, my belly started doing some funny noises, so I decided to go for something to eat, all the shops were closed, but I could find one to sell me some kind of biscuits, and I had some mate with them... (The shoes were my grandfather's)

When I finished the thermo and there was no more water left for mate, I looked at the clock and it was rather early, 5:30pm.. My original plans were to go back from La cruz to Rio Cuarto direclty, by a backroad.. But I started looking at the map and realized that I was too close of Villa gral. Belgrano, and it deserved a little spin, the towns is gorgeous, and I would also ride a little more through the hills.. So I took everything and went directly there..

And here's a photo of the odometer of the bike, I reseted the trip before getting out of Rio Cuarto..

After that I decided to go back, my plans were to be back at my apartment before it got dark.. In the way I passed the city of Santa Rosa de Calamuchita, that is half way between Embalse and Villa gral. Belgrano.. and I couldn't resist to take a pic with that sign, it has been there since the first time I went to the hills..

At the end of the trip I made the Kms that the tripmeter indicates, sorry for the pic, I took it about an hour after I came back, the neighbours came with some mate and I just couldn't refuse it.. hehe!

Thanks for letting me share this trip!
Greetings!
Old 12-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #2
damasovi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,609
Che esa tornado se ve en el su elemento!!!

Great pics my friend!!!

congrats on one more semester at University!!!

Damasovi
Old 12-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #3
Leo.G OP
Is still learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by damasovi View Post
Che esa tornado se ve en el su elemento!!!

Great pics my friend!!!

congrats on one more semester at University!!!

Damasovi
And the year is over (talking about studies) for me!

Thanks for the read Damaso!

Greetings!
Old 12-14-2012, 05:32 PM   #4
quattroman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Que lindo che. Desde el 99 que no voy por esos lados; desde que mude a Miami.

For the Spanish challenged. That's nice. Since 99 that I do not go around that area; since I moved to Miami.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat
...it's not how long you last that counts, but how much 'living' you manage to cram into life before the inevitable.
quattroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:09 PM   #5
Leo.G OP
Is still learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroman View Post
Que lindo che. Desde el 99 que no voy por esos lados; desde que mude a Miami.

For the Spanish challenged. That's nice. Since 99 that I do not go around that area; since I moved to Miami.
Está muy lindo, Santa Rosa está bárbara, se puso re grande.. Hay muchos caminos nuevos pavimentados, hasta pavimentaron el camino a La cumbresita..

Translation: It's very nice, Santa Rosa has got beautiful, it has got really big... There are a lot of new paved roads, and even the road to La cumbresita has been paved..
Old 12-26-2012, 08:23 AM   #6
Orkodelamuerte
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo.G View Post
Hi mates!

Thanks for letting me share this trip!
Greetings!
Hey I have that very same pic with my old ride...

Cordoba is great for biking!!
Orkodelamuerte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:24 AM   #7
Leo.G OP
Is still learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orkodelamuerte View Post
Hey I have that very same pic with my old ride...

Cordoba is great for biking!!
I think that "Great" isn't enought for the beauty of the hills..
I'm planning to go again a little more north in the summer.. We'll see what we can do...
The Tornado is always available for that..