Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 12:14 PM   #31
Weird Bug
Weird BUG

Oddometer: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
I like that F8GT... for me I'd hope that the ergos fit me better than the F8R. When I was test riding in early '11 I waited on my R12R to try the F800R and the Tiger 800 roadie. I never could get seat time on the Tiger and the bar position on the F8 didn't suit me so I went with my original pic, the R1200R. Have never been happier and haven't once felt it to be "too much bike"
Totally different direction than stated (or requested by the PO) I know, but a used (or even new) R1200R would be my direction. I had an F800ST (2009) and although it was a nice bike it didn't/doesn't compare with the RR. The RR actually feels lighter to me, smoother, has more power and I like the Paralevel/Telelever suspension and driveshaft better than a chain (my ST was belt, but I mean the bikes that have had a chain are a pain for long distance travel). I agree with the RR not feeling like too much bike as well. (I have had a GS and RT too for comparison). And you can easily complete your own maintenance - significant cost and time savings.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #32
vicmitch
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 223
Eddie, my vote is for a Wee Strom. Mine is just sitting in the driveway since I'm on the Victory going to CA and MX http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=886176

You know where I live, if he wants to ride it around the block a few times just knock on the door and ask my wife for the key.

Mitch
vicmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:13 PM   #33
Jimmy the Heater
Tilting the Horizon

Oddometer: 1,726
I know you already have a list but maybe a little bit more info is in order. Why isn't the FZ6r that hes coming off of work for him?

Not enough power? Ergos? Etc?
Jimmy the Heater is offline   Reply With Quote