User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
AKjitsu OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
Roadgear jackets?

Anybody have experience with the Roadgear product line? That Tiera Del Fuego jacket looks pretty spiffy and very reasonably priced. But then, there’s reality… which sometimes varies from manufacturers’ claims. There is a review on Webbikeworld but, it was uncharacteristically written by a guy who sounds marginally literate and remarkably shallow in his knowledge of bike gear.
AKjitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:52 AM   #2
Nnordsman
Nnordsman

Oddometer: 298
X-Caliber

I have a Roadgear X-Caliber jacket that I wore from southern NM to Inuvik and back two years ago. We were in rain the entire trip. I never got wet. It is still my go to winter riding jacket. I commute to work year round on a bike in single digit to triple digit temperatures. In temperatures below 80F it is an awesome jacket. My complaints are the vents do not go through the liner. More waterproof but no air flow. Also that the velcro on the weather flap sucks. Last it is bulkier than any other jacket I own or have owned.

Webbikeworld has a good review, and the reflectives are as good as they show.
Nnordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #3
RogerDe
Dust In The Wind

Oddometer: 265
Got a Roadgear jacket 3/4 length jacket don't remember name of jacket style, I ride Dual sport in the Hot Texas sun & cold air The jacket has great venting for hot weather.Ride without the liner all the time I've got 5 yrs wear out of this jacket ,washed alot the stitching hold's up well +got 1 bad get=off @ 40 mph on a gravel road the jacket saved my hide a lil scuffing on left elbow & forearm and back.. good CE in elbow's shoulder's + foam back pad helped . This jacket is still going strong a lil wear of course but a proving jacket for me & the price was right for me too...Ride On..
Old 12-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
RogerDe
Dust In The Wind

Oddometer: 265
Found my jacket name Tierra del-Fuego got it for 250.00 year's ago @ Dallas bike show . I would buy another one for the $$$$...Ride On..