Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Hacks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 01:39 AM   #46
ANKOF OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
done all the lightning. now Im only waiting for the spring. have one sent to someone who can messaure it and cakculate what I most likely need and its still cold and icy in the mornings so Im waiting for the other one to. glad I have a ohlin shock cause the parts are really cheap, allso very glad Ive got this one used with the wheel and swing for about 80$ cause a new one like it is over 2ooo$

not sure where to fasten the fender. on the swing, low following the wheel or higher up attached to the body. not happy with the front part of the hack but at least its a starting point for the next one
ANKOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:36 AM   #47
ANKOF OP
Adventurer

some more pictures, think Il go with a higher fender, cut it so it floats with the rear fender on the bike.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:55 AM   #48
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,485
That thing will be fun!

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:21 PM   #49
FR700
Heckler™©®

Oddometer: 5,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANKOF View Post
some more pictures, think Il go with a higher fender, cut it so it floats with the rear fender on the bike.

That looks really good

FR700 screwed with this post 04-20-2013 at 05:08 PM
FR700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:04 AM   #50
NitroMax
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 649
Plus it might save the fingers of the monkey
1200 cc Z1000 dragbike (1976)
300 cc MZ transporthack (1989) winterhack
900 cc BMW R 90/6 hack ( 1976) summerhack
750 cc BMW K 75 RT ( 1993 ) daily driver

Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter ( Mark Twain )
NitroMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:59 AM   #51
ANKOF OP
Adventurer

I have had nightmares about my daughter getting her arm between the wheel and hack
Old 04-16-2013, 10:21 AM   #52
boxertwin
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,021
Quote:
I have had nightmares about my daughter getting her arm between the wheel and hack
Me too. I did the proposed solution on my DRZ rig and it worked well. I recommend it. The side wall is high enough and they sit low enough on the V strom rig that it doesn't seem to be necessary. The necessity might change as they get taller.
boxertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:04 AM   #53
ANKOF OP
Adventurer

got the chock spring yesterday. thought it was overkill with this chock and maby it is but it works really good. that I can adjust both "in and out" makes big differense. huge differense from the velorex. with a swaybar this will be great.
have been driving hard on the vinter/spring fucked up gravel road with volunteers all afternon to sort it out. gonna do some adjustments to the bike lean out, it pulls a little to the right and Im gonna try that before toe in. then its the lock on the trunk and some upholstery and its done for the summer
Old 04-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #54
Old Mule
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 354
nice

Really a good job, I am sure it will steer and handle well after a few adjustments.
I like the way you put the frame tube over the body, like an ancient English Garrard sidecar. I am sure it adds greatly to the stiffness of the whole rig.
Old Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:18 AM   #55
ANKOF OP
Adventurer

thanks. did a search on garrard and found this site that I havent seen before. http://cybermotorcycle.com/gallery/s...decar_1955.htm

lots of cool hacks
Old 05-01-2013, 09:09 AM   #56
DRONE
Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer: 3,291
You were right to cut the fender--def looks better now.

By the looks of that box and security latch--you gonna be hauling gold bullion?
DRONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:05 AM   #57
ANKOF OP
Adventurer

the box altered the proportions in a good way and its sturdy enough to make like snake plisken to choose my ride to transport gold through a apocalyptic new york:)

Im amazed over the supension on the hack. with the velorex it was like having a "boxcar" connected to the bike. now the whole rig is alive, I guess the added weight and width is a good thing to, but I can feel how the suspension on the whole rig work together
Old 09-12-2013, 12:44 AM   #58
ANKOF OP
Adventurer

Hi. very happy with my rig and we have had a very good summer and fall so far. I feel that I have developed alot as driver this summer. really really fun and much harder than on a 2 wheel bike. this new hack runs much better and more predictable than the velorex I had before. very happy

Old 09-12-2013, 01:15 AM   #59
FR700
Heckler™©®

Oddometer: 5,657
Quote:
Hi. very happy with my rig and we have had a very good summer and fall so far. I feel that I have developed alot as driver this summer. really really fun and much harder than on a 2 wheel bike. this new hack runs much better and more predictable than the velorex I had before. very happy

Very nice

Have fun.

Old 12-06-2013, 07:52 AM   #60
red450
WEE-A-BOO

Oddometer: 307
Quote:

I've been lusting after naked GoldWings lately, now I see one with knobbie tires and a hack, I'm in love!

I think you have helped me decide on what to build for my next bike.

Awesome job!