Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 12:58 AM   #7201
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,188
after spending two hours making a roadbook with the RB Navagator and watching NBC coverage Im done.. C-ya
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:59 AM   #7202
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

Oddometer: 3,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
"Yes, there comes a time when you gotta ask yourself... is it all worth it... the fingerprints on the monitor... the coffee sprayed on the keyboard... bad hair days on end, and a personal hygien problem... that only YOU can fully appreciate..." (you haven't seen anyone else outside of cyberspace for going on three daze! )."[/I]
You forgot the "I have a family"
Old 01-11-2013, 01:00 AM   #7203
ararat
Dr. BMW and Mr KTM

Oddometer: 1,906
Quote:
Seven time virtual Dakar campaigner and regular ScanOznavian F5 trouble maker - TSC - this morning left a formal petition with the f5 DAKAR tribunal at - Local time in Peru - notifying the jury of his intention to "cut and run" the marathon stages 7 & 8... citing "force majeur" as the reasons for his withdrawal from these two stages... other pressing matters that require immediate attention.

in the press release TSC stated that he is prepared to submit all the security plomb and scrutineering identification marks to the technical staff, for there integrity upon reaching the rest day (sunday) and - dOG willing - will proceed on Day 10 of the virtual Dakar (monday) albeit with colossal virtual time penalties and what will be an insurmountable snowball of f5 material to assimilate.

We hope the other participants in this years f5 team effort understand, and are certain that the remaining band of f5ools will keep the f5lag f5lying!

In a closing statement, Carpente made this comment to the gathered world press representatives (both of him ) at the palatial Team f5 Swednavia Headquarters...

"Yes, there comes a time when you gotta ask yourself... is it all worth it... the fingerprints on the monitor... the coffee sprayed on the keyboard... bad hair days on end, and a personal hygien problem... that only YOU can fully appreciate..." (you haven't seen anyone else outside of cyberspace for going on three daze! ).

"Yes, I am going to kick back over the weekend... me and Carlos might take the corporate chopper over to Rio for a couple of day's... check out the thongs... and cruise back here on sunday for Guerlains showgirl show down in the MonsterChit RV... but at the moment... I'm over it."
Sorry to see you go. hope carlos will entertain you in the same level.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:03 AM   #7204
ararat
Dr. BMW and Mr KTM

Oddometer: 1,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by too old View Post
So the wife has plans for the weekend then?
Mandatory house clean and taking the kids to ski is my guess.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:03 AM   #7205
orlando_orange
deslyxic tepyr

Oddometer: 691
the posts about meoni got me thinking and i remembered, with more than a tinge of sadness, one of the characters of last year who is also sadly no longer with us: malle moto kemal merkit. tragically killed in the transanatolia rally earlier in the year..i seem to recall (and i could be wrong, imagining it or just plain stupid) that there was a photo of him and si pavey from last year (or maybe the year before) that embodied the dakar ethos...
Old 01-11-2013, 01:05 AM   #7206
too old
Keen supporter

Oddometer: 2,361
Quote:
Seven time virtual Dakar campaigner and regular ScanOznavian F5 trouble maker - TSC - this morning left a formal petition with the f5 DAKAR tribunal at - Local time in Peru - notifying the jury of his intention to "cut and run" the marathon stages 7 & 8... citing "force majeur" as the reasons for his withdrawal from these two stages... other pressing matters that require immediate attention.

in the press release TSC stated that he is prepared to submit all the security plomb and scrutineering identification marks to the technical staff, for there integrity upon reaching the rest day (sunday) and - dOG willing - will proceed on Day 10 of the virtual Dakar (monday) albeit with colossal virtual time penalties and what will be an insurmountable snowball of f5 material to assimilate.

We hope the other participants in this years f5 team effort understand, and are certain that the remaining band of f5ools will keep the f5lag f5lying!

In a closing statement, Carpente made this comment to the gathered world press representatives (both of him ) at the palatial Team f5 Swednavia Headquarters...

"Yes, there comes a time when you gotta ask yourself... is it all worth it... the fingerprints on the monitor... the coffee sprayed on the keyboard... bad hair days on end, and a personal hygien problem... that only YOU can fully appreciate..." (you haven't seen anyone else outside of cyberspace for going on three daze! ).

"Yes, I am going to kick back over the weekend... me and Carlos might take the corporate chopper over to Rio for a couple of day's... check out the thongs... and cruise back here on sunday for Guerlains showgirl show down in the MonsterChit RV... but at the moment... I'm over it."
So the wife has plans for the weekend then?
too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:06 AM   #7207
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando_orange View Post
the posts about meoni got me thinking and i remembered, with more than a tinge of sadness, one of the characters of last year who is also sadly no longer with us: malle moto kemal merkit. tragically killed in the transanatolia rally earlier in the year..i seem to recall (and i could be wrong, imagining it or just plain stupid) that there was a photo of him and si pavey from last year (or maybe the year before) that embodied the dakar ethos...
2011, both ran the Malle class. It is a screaming shame as Kemal was instrumental in organizing a 3 rider Turkish team for '12. He is considered a national hero in Turkey. And on here. RIP
Old 01-11-2013, 01:07 AM   #7208
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

dakar.com

Chaleco faces the Andes

The Dakar rises at dawn this morning. The caravan is due to set off at 4:30 am local time, with the motorcycles leading the charge, as usual. Francisco López will be at the front of the 145 motorcycles cleared to start today's stage. The 29 quads still in the race (with Ignacio Casale at the front) will be hot on his heels in a link section which will take them within sight of the Bolivian border before going through Argentina. A 417 km link stage will warm up the drivers and riders before tackling a 218 km special at over 3,400 metres above sea level.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:09 AM   #7209
orlando_orange
deslyxic tepyr

Oddometer: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodovitch View Post
2011, both ran the Malle class. It is a screaming shame as Kemal was instrumental in organizing a 3 rider Turkish team for '12. He is considered a national hero in Turkey. And on here. RIP
even more tragic that he was killed whilst stopped by another competitor (which i know you know brodo cos when i googled it to refresh my memory this post was top of the list:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodovitch
I still can't get my head around this...

Kemal was fatally injured on the 3rd day of the TransAnatolia Rally, while stopped with another Italian at an intersection to check the roadbook,
An 18yr old Dutch competitor rammed them from behind because of the dust... Unfortunately the Dutch rider (i don't know who he his yet) also passed away...
Old 01-11-2013, 01:09 AM   #7210
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 17,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodovitch View Post
You forgot the "I have a family"

What... oh shit...!!! I forgot... they're still at the winterplace (left them there at new years! )

They might be wondering where I got to...

see ya's

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:17 AM   #7211
Balkan Boy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 838
Quote:
What... oh shit...!!! I forgot... they're still at the winterplace (left them there at new years! )

They might be wondering where I got to...

see ya's

There is a 'winterplace' inside of Sweden?
Isn't that ... redundant?
Balkan Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:22 AM   #7212
drgunther
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 337
Regarding the whole protection discussion - vest vs. jacket...

Personally I'm a bit skeptical to the idea of having your protection in the jacket due to the amount of movement of the pads relative to your body. A vest (in my view) doesn't have that problem, atleast that's what I've been told.

My intention isn't to start a debate here, but merely to express that I'm surprised that a fair amount of riders (Pyndon being one) have chosen to go down the life jacket path - especially for a rally like the Dakar. CDP wears the full Leatt vest though.
drgunther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:23 AM   #7213
K2vodka
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerj View Post

I miss Meoni
Beautiful shot of an incredible athlete doing what he did best.

It makes me think of what more Marco Simoncelli from Moto GP may have added to the racing world and its fans. At 24 years of age he was still blossoming. Marco was a rarity in this day of bland, robot like racers.

A salute to those who were/are brave enough to chase their dreams and paid the ultimate price. Thank you for entertaining us with your rare skills and heroism.
Whatever IT is.

www.GoCoffeeEnergy.com
K2vodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:23 AM   #7214
drgunther
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkan Boy View Post
There is a 'winterplace' inside of Sweden?
Isn't that ... redundant?
There are, just as there are different degrees of hell. ;)
drgunther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:23 AM   #7215
pebble35
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by pebble35 View Post
Can't lay my hands on the detail immediately (got to go to work) but Pyn had some very favourable comments about the armour/jacket solution that Klim worked out for him
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia View Post
pyndon is wearing the same setup, except he's wearing the 2013 version of the adventure rally jacket. his blog post about the jacket adv thread regarding same jacket
I see I got beaten to it !

www.bikersjersey.com for all your KTM parts
A 2,400 KM ride around Egypt by Scooter - ride report here
pebble35 is offline   Reply With Quote