User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 03:54 AM   #31
Jono660
Yamafied

Oddometer: 156
Eh? Update

Well interesting for me, big problems for others. River rose up another 2+ meters at my place (25acres on the river) and our, and neighbours cows were stranded. got a boat and got them back eventually about 11am. Huge thanks to my neighbours. Water has come up and Gone over the dam wall and is about 80m from home but atill about 20m vertically so safe. Just no power last 2 days and friends stuck with us. 4 Adults and 7 kids. Will not ba going anywhere. Still could be worse.
ALAMO has been evacuated I have been told, across the river from be, and BIG UNIT must be getting close. Hope you guys are OK. I , along with others, am supposed to be at work but can't get out. Boys from work rang me tonight and water is slowly comming into the Fire station. The boys have been busy.
Anyway quick update from me.
AND......trying not to be political but the SES, Police, Ambos, volunteers, Energy workers ect. have been, and are great but there has been very limited mention of Firie's or QFRS through the media. We are going through a messy EB at the moment but I would like to point out that the QFRS swift water Level 2 guys and girls are the ones doing rescues in fast moving water. They don't want medals, just want the public to know who they are and where they work.
Cheers every one and stay safe. Jono.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:05 AM   #32
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,623
Yeah, saw his interview today where he thanked every one for there great work and then slipped in the QFRS after it was nearly over.. Pretty petty and crap but does give an insight into who they really are. Feck them next time!
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

George Carlin
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:59 AM   #33
Precis
Maladroit malcontent

Oddometer: 3,474
As we sit and wait for another arsewipe to set fire to something again here in Vic, Qld is being washed away - crazy country we live in!
We're watching with sick horror all that brown water submerging houses, farms, businesses and lives - especially in Bundaberg, which seems to be headlining most news bulletins.

However, nowhere has there been any mention of the Bundaberg distillery; if there's going to be an interuption to supply - and therefore a chronic shortage of Bundy EP, I want to lay in a few bottles to tide me over a couple of weeks....

So, what's happening to the most important part of Bundaberg? The rum-drinkers of the world need to know.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:13 AM   #34
ckjackson1
High Country Red Neck

Oddometer: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Precis View Post
As we sit and wait for another arsewipe to set fire to something again here in Vic, Qld is being washed away - crazy country we live in!
We're watching with sick horror all that brown water submerging houses, farms, businesses and lives - especially in Bundaberg, which seems to be headlining most news bulletins.

However, nowhere has there been any mention of the Bundaberg distillery; if there's going to be an interuption to supply - and therefore a chronic shortage of Bundy EP, I want to lay in a few bottles to tide me over a couple of weeks....

So, what's happening to the most important part of Bundaberg? The rum-drinkers of the world need to know.
Finally someone is asking the hard questions with regards to the floods - love your work Précis.......

If the distillery is in the shit, I am sure Julia could introduce a "Shortage of Rum Tax" come to think of it she may win an election on the back of it!!

Old 01-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #35
outback jack
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono660 View Post
Boys from work rang me tonight and water is slowly comming into the Fire station. The boys have been busy.
Jono, say G'day to Roo from Pete at Bark'y.

Sorry to say fellars but the square bear factory went under early, if you hurry you might catch a barrel at high tide at Bagarra beach.

This is the Mt Perry road

CCC ride Cattle, Coal & Cane or Captains Crossing & Castlemaine.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...1#post17025601
outback jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #36
Precis
Maladroit malcontent

Oddometer: 3,474
Well, Rum has a bit of history in Aus: in 1808, The Rum Rebellion was the only succesful armed takeover of government in our history (so far, Julia...) when Govenor William Bligh was deposed, thereby keeping up his tradition of being thrown out of things - though previously that was just his ship, the Bounty and not a whole State.
Keeping up a family tradition, two hundred years later, another Bligh got tossed out of her ear by disgruntled rum-lovers too.

Both of them had strife with floods: "One of William Bligh's first actions was to use the colony's stores and herds to provide relief to farmers who had been severely affected by flooding on the Hawkesbury River."

There's a kind of poetry in this....
Old 01-29-2013, 01:27 PM   #37
slowbike smallpenis
Tester of Tooheys Old

Oddometer: 19,225
Quote:
Well, Rum has a bit of history in Aus: in 1808, The Rum Rebellion was the only succesful armed takeover of government in our history (so far, Julia...) when Govenor William Bligh was deposed, thereby keeping up his tradition of being thrown out of things - though previously that was just his ship, the Bounty and not a whole State.
Keeping up a family tradition, two hundred years later, another Bligh got tossed out of her ear by disgruntled rum-lovers too.

Both of them had strife with floods: "One of William Bligh's first actions was to use the colony's stores and herds to provide relief to farmers who had been severely affected by flooding on the Hawkesbury River."

There's a kind of poetry in this....
Bligh was much maligned but didn't deserve it - The NSW Corps was more corrupt than Wollongong Council Planning department - Bligh stood his ground against MacArthur who was the major land owner - Rum was the currency of the day.

As I say Bligh doesn't deserve the wrap he gets, he was a phenomenal sailor and an honest Governor - it wasn't the populace that caused his demise in NSW but the corrupt NSW Corps working with MacArthur influence - There was no government to overthrow really in the normal term of Government, we were still a colony and so Britain was for all intent and purpose the Government. It was really a military coup -

Hope all our brethren in the effected region are safe - bikes can be replaced ..... lives cant
Old 01-29-2013, 08:07 PM   #38
thumper-darryl OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Bundy area

Now we wait for the waters to go down and get back on the bikes. Keep me posted.
thumper-darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:31 PM   #39
Starky14
Yowie Bait

Oddometer: 242
Monty Python Returns

Hey did you lot notice the return of Monty Python last night on Channel Seven.

Yesterday afternoon it was bloody hot so I decided to sit in front of TV as I was on a rostered day off. Something smells in Queensland?

The flood was comming in Brisbane CBD, the Mary River had just peaked in Maryborough, Gympie was just starting their clean up, Gayndah copped a flogging, Mundubberra in a mess with no sparks, Wallavillle gone under, Gin Gin washed out, Bundaberg a whole new world of Natural Disaster history in the making.

What did we get on on Channel 7 - five hours of bloody 'The Flood We Nearly Got in Brisbane".

I sat there trying to identify John Cleese. It had to be a Monty Python sketch? Surely, but no I think they were for real.

I know Brisbane has more people, but think about. Real news happening 400km north of a flooded walkway/bikepath in Brisbane that is getting more coverage? Sickening. Very, very little coverage of a true history making event that is literally hurting thousands of peoples lives.
OK later in the evening Logan starts going under, that is fair enough to cover that.

What about the rest of the State of Queensland?

Rant over for now.

Starky14 screwed with this post 01-29-2013 at 09:36 PM
Starky14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:58 PM   #40
outback jack
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starky14 View Post

Yesterday afternoon it was bloody hot so I decided to sit in front of TV as I was on a rostered day off. Something smells in Queensland?

The flood was comming in Brisbane CBD, the Mary River had just peaked in Maryborough, Gympie was just starting their clean up, Gayndah copped a flogging, Mundubberra in a mess with no sparks, Wallavillle gone under, Gin Gin washed out, Bundaberg a whole new world of Natural Disaster history in the making.

What did we get on on Channel 7 - five hours of bloody 'The Flood We Nearly Got in Brisbane".

I sat there trying to identify John Cleese. It had to be a Monty Python sketch? Surely, but no I think they were for real.

I know Brisbane has more people, but think about. Real news happening 400km north of a flooded walkway/bikepath in Brisbane that is getting more coverage? Sickening. Very, very little coverage of a true history making event that is literally hurting thousands of peoples lives.
OK later in the evening Logan starts going under, that is fair enough to cover that.

Rant over for now.
Typical media circus, and yes the country people have been left up the creek again. CQ has had major telecom issues with phone service, internet, since last Friday. No 000 calls were working and the whole supply route North and West of Brisbane is cut, but don't worry there's a minor water shortage on the southside of Brisbane.

CCC ride Cattle, Coal & Cane or Captains Crossing & Castlemaine.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...1#post17025601
outback jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:09 PM   #41
Phil_Fong
Labelled Extremist

Oddometer: 12,279
Quote:

Its on special here, $45 a litre bottle.

Phil_Fong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:20 PM   #42
DR-DRZ
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starky14 View Post

Rant over for now.
And once again, rural Queensland will be the last place the Government spend money to repair infrastructure and roads.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:34 PM   #43
turkey380
turkey380

Oddometer: 53
Floods

G`Day Your right about forgetting the country. Here at Turkey Beach we had 1000mm and road washed away at the bridge .Only one way in ,local council worker on own got gravel to fill hole as a temporary measure.Hope we no more rain as it will wash out.Do not know when council will fix it.
turkey380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:44 AM   #44
charlie59
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-DRZ View Post
And once again, rural Queensland will be the last place the Government spend money to repair infrastructure and roads.

there's still main roads around cq that hav'nt been touched from the floods two years ago!!. but brissy nearly got one so thats all that matters. hope you blokes in bundy and other flooded areas come through it ok.
cheers charlie.
charlie59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:39 AM   #45
2upAussie990
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 420
I still haven't fixed my roads at my block at Gin Gin from the last floods, lost 100's of m3 of dirt then, hate to think what it looks like now.
Same here with the coverage, 20 seconds of what has happened localy here and 56 hours of what has been going on in Bris
2upAussie990 is offline   Reply With Quote