Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #271
Supahflid
Wheelieless

Oddometer: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
Oh geez... Supah... You're an evil man!!!

Conundrum time:

a) Ride to Mathiston Saturday morning. Eat breakfast. Ride. Return.
b) Ride up to NM, camp, sleep later, arrive at breakfast same time. Ride. Return.
c) Jeep club is going to HawkPride OHV park Friday afternoon and camping and riding for the weekend... i could take my Jeep and join them, or ride bike over to hang out with them after breakfast and watch them tear stuff up...
d) I'm also off Monday for Presidents Day... could make this a full deal weekend...

Decisions, decisions, decisions...
I gotta cook one of those for y'all. It's very good.

Ok, I say:

a) That's a good plan.
b) What is NM? I was thinking about going to my deer camp Friday night since it's closer to Mathiston than here.
c) Where is that OHV park? (nevermind, I don't want you to lmgtfy me!). Is there any motorcycle riding to be done there?
d) Lucky!

Edit: I looked at the Hawk Pride website. Doesn't look like our kind of ridng. Have you been there yet?

Supahflid screwed with this post 02-12-2013 at 12:14 PM
Supahflid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #272
backwoodsKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,359
Hawk Pride OHV park is outside Tuscumbia AL and has a motorcross track and ATV trails, as well as Jeep and Buggy trails. Campground and RV area and a snackbar on site, I believe.

It's another 2 hours from Mathiston on up the trace.

I thought about riding up Friday after work and staying with daughter in Starkville but she is working late Friday night and has plans.

Haven't tried loading the tiger up for camping since I don't really have luggage yet... Just a big wolfman bag.
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #273
Supahflid
Wheelieless

Quote:
Hawk Pride OHV park is outside Tuscumbia AL and has a motorcross track and ATV trails, as well as Jeep and Buggy trails. Campground and RV area and a snackbar on site, I believe.

It's another 2 hours from Mathiston on up the trace.

I thought about riding up Friday after work and staying with daughter in Starkville but she is working late Friday night and has plans.

Haven't tried loading the tiger up for camping since I don't really have luggage yet... Just a big wolfman bag.
So, what does NM stand for in plan b)?
Old 02-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #274
jeffrides
mid aged youngun

Oddometer: 161
bacon wrapped stuffed meat... looks delicious, yup ,cook it , we'll come fix ethanol clogged carbs anytime!

what do you call that? really looks good!

jeffeats...
jeffrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:31 PM   #275
backwoodsKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supahflid View Post
So, what does NM stand for in plan b)?
My hurried typing and mind meant NM for "North MS"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrides View Post
bacon wrapped stuffed meat... looks delicious, yup ,cook it , we'll come fix ethanol clogged carbs anytime!

jeffeats...
So if Supah buys you a burger, wrapped in bacon, you'll fix... Oh, I see what you did!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #276
Supahflid
Wheelieless

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrides View Post

jeffeats...
The inmate that posted it on ADV called it a "fatty"; the process of cooking it is called, "smoking a fatty". It's hard to tell in the picture, but the guts of it are pizza toppings.

Quote:
My hurried typing and mind meant NM for "North MS"...

So if Supah buys you a burger, wrapped in bacon, you'll fix... Oh, I see what you did!!!
Ah, North Mississippi. Duh. If you did that, would it be a private deal or are you suggesting that we all go and camp?
Old 02-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #277
backwoodsKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Ah, North Mississippi. Duh. If you did that, would it be a private deal or are you suggesting that we all go and camp?
What do you mean? A group of ADV'ers go over after riding Saturday and camp over there Saturday night? I don't think anything is private about it. Don't think the Jeep club rented out the whole place so it is open to anyone who pays the camp and entrance fees.

Just checked Weather... Low of 24 in Tuscumbia Saturday night, 29 in Starkville... don't know if I'd want to camp out that cold for a trial run on the bike. Not sure if I want to camp out of the Jeep at 24 degrees!! :)
Old 02-12-2013, 12:48 PM   #278
Supahflid
Wheelieless

Quote:
What do you mean? A group of ADV'ers go over after riding Saturday and camp over there Saturday night? I don't think anything is private about it. Don't think the Jeep club rented out the whole place so it is open to anyone who pays the camp and entrance fees.

Just checked Weather... Low of 24 in Tuscumbia Saturday night, 29 in Starkville... don't know if I'd want to camp out that cold for a trial run on the bike. Not sure if I want to camp out of the Jeep at 24 degrees!! :)
Well, no, I meant b) of your first post; you must have meant camp in north MS nearer to the Jeep thing. I'm so confused!

What I am failing miserably at saying is, if you are suggesting we camp nearer to Mathiston to go ride around up there, that might be fun.

Oh, and where is your sense of adventure! 29 degrees ain't that bad!
Old 02-12-2013, 12:52 PM   #279
BradH
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 272
I think he was referring to to NM camping you mentioned...

Edit: yep, see?
BradH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #280
backwoodsKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Well, no, I meant b) of your first post; you must have meant camp in north MS nearer to the Jeep thing. I'm so confused!

What I am failing miserably at saying is, if you are suggesting we camp nearer to Mathiston to go ride around up there, that might be fun.

Oh, and where is your sense of adventure! 29 degrees ain't that bad!

Oh, yes. My option to keep from having to ride up EARLY Saturday morning was to haul gear and camp somewhere near Mathiston... Or at least nearer than my house!!! Friday night isn't as bad. It's Saturday night if i camped in Tuscumbia that would be extra cold. You interested in riding up to somewhere Friday night and camping?

EDIT: Both of the campgrounds in Tombigbee NF are closed for the season and don't open until after March 1. Still searching, just in case... Legion State Park is open, but still a ways out...

backwoodsKLR screwed with this post 02-12-2013 at 01:00 PM
Old 02-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #281
Supahflid
Wheelieless

Quote:
Oh, yes. My option to keep from having to ride up EARLY Saturday morning was to haul gear and camp somewhere near Mathiston... Or at least nearer than my house!!! Friday night isn't as bad. It's Saturday night if i camped in Tuscumbia that would be extra cold. You interested in riding up to somewhere Friday night and camping?
Yes, that might be fun. I had the same thoughts as you about getting closer there Friday night so I didn't have to get up so early. My deer camp is about fifty miles away from Mathiston.

But, I might do a camping thing. The only sucky part is lugging all that gear around while we ride unless we stayed two nights. On the other hand, I need to practice my minimalist camping skills for long trips, so maybe it wouldn't be so bad, especially if we could con KW into bringing the flying saucer!

I'm guessing there is camping near Grenada Lake.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #282
BradH
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 272
I MAY be down for something like that. Just have to make sure I can get a weekend pass before I can say I'm all in. I had mentioned earlier about seeing the folks in Carrollton but found out they are headed to the coast this weekend.

Yes, there is camping at Grenada lake or I have a place just north of Carrollton that could include a little riding.
BradH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #283
Supahflid
Wheelieless

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradH View Post
I MAY be down for something like that. Just have to make sure I can get a weekend pass before I can say I'm all in.
You got a flying saucer?
Old 02-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #284
backwoodsKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
You got a flying saucer?
Hmm... staying at your deer camp or staying in a tent at a state park. Or is that some kind of private thing to stay at your camp?

Your camp is still 55 miles away so it cuts it in half!
Old 02-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #285
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less

Oddometer: 5,340
Quote:
The inmate that posted it on ADV called it a "fatty"; the process of cooking it is called, "smoking a fatty". It's hard to tell in the picture, but the guts of it are pizza toppings.
I did one called the "Bacon Explosion."

It was a bit too much actually. After a piece and a half I could feel my blood pressure rising. I didn't eat the rest of the day.

So where are y'all gonna camp? Is Choctaw lake closed for the season?
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote