Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2013, 06:59 AM   #331
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,282
Has anyone checked to see if the seat back is adjustable, as it was on the Reflex?
That may make quite a difference in the leg room available.
bikeridermark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:56 AM   #332
blackcat54
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeridermark View Post
Has anyone checked to see if the seat back is adjustable, as it was on the Reflex?
That may make quite a difference in the leg room available.
I checked and it did not look adjustable. It looked to be secured from the underside by some visible nuts. I forgot whether it was two or four nuts securing it.
blackcat54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #333
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,282
Wow. Can't believe someone didn't buy a Forza today and do a ride report!
bikeridermark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:14 PM   #334
longhaul747
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 653
My dealer got these in today and I stopped by for a look. Its not a half bad looking scooter. Looks very much like a PCX on steroids witch it essentially is. For some reason I thought it was just a hair bigger then a PCX but its actually humungous in comparison.

I sat on it and found the leg room to be fine. I am 5'11" with a 31" inseam. I found the seat to be rock hard though. In fact it pinched a sweet spot in my back as I sat on it. I am thinking the seat may break in and actually be fine after a few hundred miles but first time sitting on it I was wishing I had my Reflex seat.

Fit and finish was not bad but it did not seem to meet full Honda standards. Nothing screamed cheap and everything is fits well together but for some reason the quality and workmanship is not what I would expect from Honda. Its still better then many but I was a bit disappointed and I felt my Reflex is better put together. I guess Honda came in at a certain price point with this bike and they had to make some cuts someplace. Especially since the MSRP is pretty close to what my 2001 Reflex sold for. Plus I am sure its well assembled everywhere it counts.

I would like to test ride one but the 2 the dealer got in has not prepped them yet. I have not crossed it off my list but right now its not a high priority. I would like to take some time and follow owner feedback perhaps maybe wait for a few to show up used.
longhaul747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:38 PM   #335
blackcat54
Adventurer

The rear shocks appear to be a weak point.

http://www.visordown.com/road-tests-...iew/22725.html

Ohlin shocks seem to be popular.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-FORZ...item3f27ad8e84

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5623123&type=1
Old 08-27-2013, 11:17 PM   #336
rowdyc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
A guy in my scooter group purchased a Forza earlier this month and has been on the last two Saturday rides. He's over 6ft tall and likes how the scooter fits him. He maybe bias as his previous scooter was a Stella.
He has the ABS version as the DFW dealer had both. He made the purchase site unseen and waited for its arrival.
It looks more like the Reflex. Actually I thought it was a Reflex until our breakfast stop and I got a good look at it. Overall I like it. Great machine. He says he's getting around 70mpg. Not bad for a scooter that can go over 90mph.
rowdyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #337
DOUBLE-O G OP
Smooth Operator

Oddometer: 2,637
Does anyone have pics to post? My dealer doesn't have one yet. I'd like to get an idea about what it looks like next to someone.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:44 AM   #338
rowdyc
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gore-tx View Post
Does anyone have pics to post? My dealer doesn't have one yet. I'd like to get an idea about what it looks like next to someone.
Here's a picture of a Red Forza (not the best) next to other scooters and the guy that purchased the scooter. The guy is over 6ft but he seems taller as he's standing on the curve above the other scooters.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #339
DOUBLE-O G OP
Smooth Operator

Thanks for the pic. That Forza looks really short next to some other scooters. Very "long and low."
Old 08-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #340
blackcat54
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdyc View Post
A guy in my scooter group purchased a Forza earlier this month and has been on the last two Saturday rides. He's over 6ft tall and likes how the scooter fits him. He maybe bias as his previous scooter was a Stella.
He has the ABS version as the DFW dealer had both. He made the purchase site unseen and waited for its arrival.
It looks more like the Reflex. Actually I thought it was a Reflex until our breakfast stop and I got a good look at it. Overall I like it. Great machine. He says he's getting around 70mpg. Not bad for a scooter that can go over 90mph.
Can you get him to post a review?
Old 08-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #341
Kattzoo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
DFW dealer

Do you know which dealer had them in? I considered waiting for one, but bought my Majesty. I know the DFW Honda thought they'd have them this month. I'd still love to go look at one.

Nice choice of riding destinations. Love Jakes!
Kattzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:36 AM   #342
rowdyc
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kattzoo View Post
Do you know which dealer had them in? I considered waiting for one, but bought my Majesty. I know the DFW Honda thought they'd have them this month. I'd still love to go look at one.!
He got the ABS version from DFW Honda as they had one with ABS and one without. He maybe the first in Texas (maybe US) to own one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kattzoo View Post
Nice choice of riding destinations. Love Jakes!
We ride every Saturday morning out of Moxie in Colleyville. http://www.bluemeaniessc.com/ You should ride some morning for breakfast. As you can see from the picture, it's a mix of scooters (small & maxi) and a nice group of people. Some mornings the numbers vary but we've been riding each Saturday for over two years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabears View Post
And W_I_D_E, when compared to the SYM to it's left. From the front it's got the most aerodynamic look of the bunch.
I don't know about that. That blue Morphous looks pretty aerodynamic. I maybe partial as that's my scooter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat54 View Post
Can you get him to post a review?
I'll ask as him.

rowdyc screwed with this post 08-29-2013 at 11:30 AM
Old 08-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #343
longhaul747
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 653
I had a second look at a Forza 300 today at a different dealer. I wanted to really like it but I sort of left shaking my head again. For some reason it just looks a bit obese in my opinion. The PCX is sexy and sharp and even though the Forza has much the same shape it looks like an overweight gorilla next to it. Sat on it again and room is fine but the seat is rock hard. I do believe it will eventually conform too your butt and be fine but its not a good way to make a first impression.

Also I was surprised by the lack of under seat storage. Its very long but not very deep at all except a spot in the very front. Depending on what you have to carry it will not work out all that well. I guess the 300cc engine has to go somewhere.

My overall opinion is grab one of the Silverwings on close out while you still can. Its a great scooter designed and built when Honda was still making really great stuff (Now they just make really good stuff). Underseat storage is GIGANTIC in comparison to the Forza 300. Price wise not much different at many dealers. You do give up some economy and the Silverwing is heavier but its not an issue if you have any experience at all. Price wise I have not compared numbers but I bet they are pretty close OTD if you work it.

I have not completely wrote off the Forza 300 yet. It may happen at some point down the line especially after reading owner feedback and any possible long term issues with them. Being a Honda I don't expect any. However between the Majesty 400 witch I own and a Reflex 250 witch I also own I don't really see the necessity in jumping on the Forza 300. In time if my Reflex dies or starts giving me lots of drama I may replace it with a Forza 300 but for all purposes the Reflex is a more thought out bike in my opinion.
longhaul747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:15 PM   #344
PharaohScoots
Twist-N-GO

Oddometer: 42
That white Suzuki looks pretty good by comparison to the Honda. Under seat storage for the Suzuki is cavernous, and the 400cc engine usually returns over 60 mpg on the highway.

I took mine on two multi day adventures this year and the only thing I had strapped to the pillion was my sleeping bag. Tent, stove, food, water all of it, and more fit in the trunk.

A great machine.
PharaohScoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:53 PM   #345
DOUBLE-O G OP
Smooth Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhaul747 View Post
The PCX is sexy and sharp and even though the Forza has much the same shape it looks like an overweight gorilla next to it.
The PCX is really hard to beat. You get a lot for your money. I hope Honda sells a bunch.