Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2013, 09:14 AM   #451
Bronco638
Nobody Home

Oddometer: 3,684
I think the Reflex was known as the Forza in other parts of the world, wasn't it?

Yeah, the windscreen issue confuses me too.

Andy holds the lead. And he will, all the way to the Highway. Today is his day.
Bronco638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #452
k3ith
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco638 View Post
I think the Reflex was known as the Forza in other parts of the world, wasn't it?

Yeah, the windscreen issue confuses me too.
It was. There was also an iteration of the Forza between the Reflex being dropped and the new one that just came out that was a 250cc fuel injected that didn't make it to the US. I guess they figured since it'd been gone a few years it was a good time to use the other name.
k3ith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #453
blackcat54
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
As more Forza owners post rain ride reports, a more accurate picture of the reported rain soaking will surface.
blackcat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #454
bugonawindshield
tilting at windmills

Oddometer: 16
Bought a Forza today - traded in an FJR1300AE (the autoclutch model). My only previous scooter experience was a 2 or so mile test drive on a PCX150...

Averaged 62.1mpg on my slightly-scenic-route 17 mile trip home (dealer is ~6 miles away ). Seat is FIRM. Ran it up to an indicated 65mph very briefly...

Winter projects should include mirror extenders, a taller windscreen, a GPS mount, and I haven't decided where to mount my power block yet. Hopefully someone comes out (Honda/Givi or...?) with a luggage rack so I can mount my E55 Maxia.

Most importantly it matches my jacket, which matched a long-gone VFR.
bugonawindshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #455
AMAC1680
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugonawindshield View Post
Bought a Forza today - traded in an FJR1300AE (the autoclutch model). My only previous scooter experience was a 2 or so mile test drive on a PCX150...

Averaged 62.1mpg on my slightly-scenic-route 17 mile trip home (dealer is ~6 miles away ). Seat is FIRM. Ran it up to an indicated 65mph very briefly...

Winter projects should include mirror extenders, a taller windscreen, a GPS mount, and I haven't decided where to mount my power block yet. Hopefully someone comes out (Honda/Givi or...?) with a luggage rack so I can mount my E55 Maxia.

Most importantly it matches my jacket, which matched a long-gone VFR.
Congratulations!
I wish you nothing but the best with your new ride. She's a beautiful machine.

Be Big,
AMAC
SYM RV200 EVO
Lance "Cali Classic" 125
AMAC1680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #456
John Bentall
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugonawindshield View Post
Hopefully someone comes out (Honda/Givi or...?) with a luggage rack so I can mount my E55 Maxia.
Givi make the SR1123 mount for the E55 on the Forza 300.

Givi also made the 315DT screen for the old 250 Forza (approx 12" higher than standard), so they may bring out one for the bike. I would strongly recommend the Givi 2-part Airflow-type screen if it ever becomes available for the Forza.
John Bentall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:06 AM   #457
mboni
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bentall View Post
Givi make the SR1123 mount for the E55 on the Forza 300.

Givi also made the 315DT screen for the old 250 Forza (approx 12" higher than standard), so they may bring out one for the bike. I would strongly recommend the Givi 2-part Airflow-type screen if it ever becomes available for the Forza.
Givi USA knows the new Forza exists, but doesn't seem to have any products ready yet. I wrote to them some months ago asking about an Airflow and a trunk rack, they said they forwarded the request to product development. I suggest several more of you should also write to Givi, that will tell them that there is some demand, and they may speed up their development.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:24 PM   #458
bugonawindshield
tilting at windmills

Oddometer: 16
At the moment, the SR1123 rack is = "price TBA."
Notes into a couple of days of ownership:

Filled up today...loafed down backroads, got an indicated 77.3mpg on a 15.3 mile trip. Seems to get the best (indicated) mpg ~ 42mph. Gas gauge was on "E" @ 140 miles on tripmeter. 66.8mpg over 158 miles on that tank.

I've been sitting on it wrong, it's much more comfortable leaning back and feet on the leg shield, just takes some getting used to - plus I need to strengthen my abs instead of my back muscles.

Changes direction quickly - almost TOO quickly - glad I didn't get something with smaller tires. Parking lot maneuvers and U-turns are ridiculously fun.

Underseat holds a Domino's 12" pan pizza and order of cheesy bread, flat, in the rear part - got home intact. My 64oz thermos is a little tall; it's putting a dent in the carpet pad.

Thinking of new bars or risers, need to do some measuring of rise & pullback. Maybe foam grips. Maybe adjustable levers. Not NEEDED, but perhaps wanted.
bugonawindshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:57 PM   #459
Snuff
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Hi everyone, first message on the forum. I'm Ron from Belgium, 55, married, retired from the special forces, since I can't ride a big bike anymore due to a parachute accident I bought a PCX 3 years ago.

Now looking to upgrade to a Forza, test ride is today but it's incredibly bad weather. It took some effort to arrange a test ride, over here you normally go to a dealer who has a demo (nobody has one apparently) or go to the headquarters of Honda for a test ride.

They got this new rule, you can only test ride if your dealer comes along with you. That means that my dealer would have to close his shop, take a long ride with me, wait until I'm finished and drive back home. Ain't gonna happen, that man would loose some serious money if he did that.

Luckily I've found someone who is willing to let me ride one not far from here. A bit worried about the low seat and the shock absorbers. I'm 6ft 2", my knees have enough room but are rather high up compared to my hips. I had to replace the shocks on the PCX, suspect it will be the same thing with the Forza.

I'll know more later in the day, hope it works out as I like the look of the Forza. Hope you all have a nice day!
Snuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:50 AM   #460
ice1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
over weight, over priced, under powered

and Honda dealers in my area are crap.

The SH300 is much nicer.
ice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:49 AM   #461
Kmart
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
The Forza will hold a good amount of Belgian waffles in the front storage boxes so it should be a good fit for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuff View Post
Hi everyone, first message on the forum. I'm Ron from Belgium, 55, married, retired from the special forces, since I can't ride a big bike anymore due to a parachute accident I bought a PCX 3 years ago.

Now looking to upgrade to a Forza, test ride is today but it's incredibly bad weather. It took some effort to arrange a test ride, over here you normally go to a dealer who has a demo (nobody has one apparently) or go to the headquarters of Honda for a test ride.

They got this new rule, you can only test ride if your dealer comes along with you. That means that my dealer would have to close his shop, take a long ride with me, wait until I'm finished and drive back home. Ain't gonna happen, that man would loose some serious money if he did that.

Luckily I've found someone who is willing to let me ride one not far from here. A bit worried about the low seat and the shock absorbers. I'm 6ft 2", my knees have enough room but are rather high up compared to my hips. I had to replace the shocks on the PCX, suspect it will be the same thing with the Forza.

I'll know more later in the day, hope it works out as I like the look of the Forza. Hope you all have a nice day!
Kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:03 AM   #462
Snuff
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Couldn't make a test ride yesterday because of the pouring rain but did one this morning. I'm sold and so is the wife. Might put some stronger shock absorbers on it in the future. I'll have my ride (a white one) in a few days (waiting for the insurance, new license plate and top case).
Snuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #463
Pale Ale
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gore-tx View Post
I met a guy who had just bought a Forza at the scooter rally I went to over the weekend. He made the jump from a PCX 125 (not the 150) to the Forza. He was very pleased with his new purchase. He and I talked for a while about the pluses and minuses of switching to a larger scooter. In the end, it is what the scooter will be used for. The guy does highway miles and he felt he needed the extra power.
For me, the difference between the PCX 125 and 150 is enough that I would not consider an upgrade to the Forza especially given the weight difference. If Honda still brings the PCX150 next year, I will consider buying another one (yellow, white, or gray for me please!).
Hey gore-tx,

Nice meeting you and your lovely wife at the scooter rally here in Austin!

I really loved the PCX 125 for the 2 years I had it. It was more bike than I needed at the time I bought it. I would've upgraded to the 150 but was disappointed to learn I would only gain at best an additional 5mph and that wouldn't cut it for my daily commute to work. I've already put more than 1000 miles on the Forza and it handles HWY speeds of 70-80 mph like a champ without having the throttle wide open and regardless of how strong of a headwind I'm riding against.

When I had my PCX I never saw another one here in town, now I see them everywhere. I like seeing more and more PCX's around here because I know what a great scooter they are. I hope to see some other Forza's soon. Saw a lot of nice scooters at the rally but nothing I would trade my Forza for.

Only negative for me with the Forza is the lack of color choice. I really liked my black and white PCX. Didn't really notice the weight difference after the first day.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Pale Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:26 PM   #464
blackcat54
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Pail Ale,

Do you live in Austin?

I'm scouting for a relocation city that is bicycle and scooter friendly with a lively 2-wheel culture that I can hook up with.

How long is the riding season?

Thanks
blackcat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #465
Pale Ale
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Blackcat54,

Austin likes to call itself a running and bicycle friendly town. I do quite a bit of both. I rode a bicycle to work everyday for 10 years before starting a new job and buying a new house. You can definitely ride 12 months of the year here.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Pale Ale is offline   Reply With Quote