ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 09:26 PM   #76
huzar
Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer: 1,980
Well, looks like the trailer has been procured, so I can now car-camp in comfort. Looks like I'll be seeing all y'all down there at the end of March
huzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:08 AM   #77
Dirt Soup
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Hay OH!

Hi All,
I'll ride down and say Hi, but given this is my backyard, prolly be sleeping at home. I do have my resources close if someone needs shop or storage space.

I drove Fredericks Butte Road down toward Christmas Valley (from Hwy 20) last week and the gravel was great, tho it can change quickly. We got snow yesterday and maybe more out of this storm hitting today and tomorrow, but it will all change 3 times by 3/18!

Meanwhile, I'll be lurking...
Steve Miller - Dirtsoup

PS; A good 'big bike' route could take in the Big Hole, Crack-in-the-Ground, Fort Rock, and (if time allows), The Lost Forest.

85 K100RT, 01 F650GS
Dirt Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:25 AM   #78
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 2,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Soup View Post
Hi All,

Meanwhile, I'll be lurking...
Steve Miller - Dirtsoup

PS; A good 'big bike' route could take in the Big Hole, Crack-in-the-Ground, Fort Rock, and (if time allows), The Lost Forest.
Hey, I like your music (Sure you haven't heard that one before).

I like your "Big Bike Route", don't know that I will do it on this trip cause I think I'm taking a little bike. Do you take the obvious roads to do that route, or do you have a special fun route to hit those sites? Those are some sites I've been wanting to see - maybe later this year I'd like to make a loop out of those.

Regardless, be sure to show up at dusk for Campfire Time....and if you have any extra wood laying around...:)

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:54 AM   #79
Rainshadow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
Was hoping to make this, but I'm on kid duty as the little lady will be in Costa Rica with her sisters. Like Jay I'm not ready to expose such young minds to the rigors of an ADV gathering. Wifey wouldn't like it all that much if she came home and found her babies in the garage turning wrenches, swilling brews, and exploring the limits of the new colorful additions to their vocabulary.
Rainshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:57 AM   #80
ORexpat
Oregon Expatriate

Oddometer: 2,638

ORexpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:47 AM   #81
huzar
Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer: 1,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainshadow View Post
Was hoping to make this, but I'm on kid duty as the little lady will be in Costa Rica with her sisters. Like Jay I'm not ready to expose such young minds to the rigors of an ADV gathering. Wifey wouldn't like it all that much if she came home and found her babies in the garage turning wrenches, swilling brews, and exploring the limits of the new colorful additions to their vocabulary.
Oh come now, what could possibly go wrong?
huzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:34 PM   #82
rockyroad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Okay I'm IN Now I just have to come up with plan to make it happen no matter what the weather does. Here is what I've got so far. Plan A load up the 950 and ride over the mountain straight to Prinville about 100 miles. Plan B because the mounatin pass is snow covered load up the 950 and go back to Troutdale and then to the Dalles and then to Prineville about 220 miles. Plan C find a pop-up camper for the truck with a heater or find a tent trailer with a heater and load up the 640 and go straight over the mountain no matter what the weather conditions on the pass or in Prinville are cause I won't give a shit with plan C I WILL BE WARM
rockyroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #83
OrangeYZ
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
Okay I'm IN Now I just have to come up with plan to make it happen no matter what the weather does. Here is what I've got so far. Plan A load up the 950 and ride over the mountain straight to Prinville about 100 miles. Plan B because the mounatin pass is snow covered load up the 950 and go back to Troutdale and then to the Dalles and then to Prineville about 220 miles. Plan C find a pop-up camper for the truck with a heater or find a tent trailer with a heater and load up the 640 and go straight over the mountain no matter what the weather conditions on the pass or in Prinville are cause I won't give a shit with plan C I WILL BE WARM
I'm definitely going with Plan C! It would be the same bike no matter what (540EXC) but riding over Hwy 230 and 138 past Diamond Lake is going to suck until June. Even 140 to 97 is going to suck until May!
Old 02-26-2013, 06:35 PM   #84
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 2,662
Quote:
Plan C...Truck campers rock and no point in freezing! Some of those pop-ups are pretty cool, my brother has a NorthStar and it's pretty nice. I'll be in my truck camper also. Plenty of time to break in that 990 once it warms up. Speaking of which, does that mean it runs!

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #85
Squishy
Positively charged

Oddometer: 1,017
Yeah, i'm thinkin of getting off the ground too & taking the van to camp in. I like the idea of the lighter 400 for this trip! Actually enjoying riding that more than the 650 at the moment.
Squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #86
MortimerSickle
Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_PDX View Post
Plan C...Truck campers rock and no point in freezing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
Yeah, i'm thinkin of getting off the ground too & taking the van to camp in.
Wussies.

I miss round headlights.

"When I was a young man, I liked to race my horse...." -
G.H.W.S. 1878-1962
MortimerSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:59 PM   #87
rockyroad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortimerSickle View Post
Wussies.

Hi Mort
If I can find a decent tent trailer by then with a bed on each end I'll reserve one end free of charge just for you if you show up. Hell I'll even make up a little motel 6 sign and hang it outside so you feel right at home.
rockyroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:37 AM   #88
Squishy
Positively charged

Oddometer: 1,017
Quote:
Hell I'll even make up a little motel 6 sign and hang it outside so you feel right at home.
You better have 10" thick mattresses in it for Mort!

That actually sounds really comfortable, wonder if i can fit 1 of those in the van with the bike?
Squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:34 AM   #89
PNWcrazymike
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
If this is an open invite to "outsiders", I'll schedule that weekend off from work!
-crazymike
PNWcrazymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:09 AM   #90
MortimerSickle
Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,673
Quote:
Hell I'll even make up a little motel 6 sign and hang it outside so you feel right at home.
Thanks, but I think they have a whole motel just down the road.

I miss round headlights.

"When I was a young man, I liked to race my horse...." -
G.H.W.S. 1878-1962
MortimerSickle is offline   Reply With Quote