ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #76
UpST8 OP
turnin gas to noise
 
UpST8's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: californication
Oddometer: 6,956
Moe.ron decided to once again test his new crash bars going from 58 onto Pozo...pea gravel, same color as the road, can be as dangerous as the black ice. Again no damage other than scratches and a bent shift lever.

I'll let him elaborate on that tail if he wishes.


Beauty of a scene to take a break at though...glad you weren't hurt brother Moe.
__________________
WHERE AM I RIDING

cRAzY
UpST8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #77
moe.ron
Poor Dumb Bastard
 
moe.ron's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Ventura County
Oddometer: 2,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpST8 View Post
Moe.ron decided to once again test his new crash bars going from 58 onto Pozo...pea gravel, same color as the road, can be as dangerous as the black ice. Again no damage other than scratches and a bent shift lever.

I'll let him elaborate on that tail if he wishes.


Beauty of a scene to take a break at though...glad you weren't hurt brother Moe.
FUCKIN' OW! I was really lucky, never saw it coming, bike slid right out from under me, I was doing 30 MPH or so.

I was mad as hell too, I was feeling pretty proud of myself at this point, like I just rode Dakar or something, only to be wiped out by a little gravel making a left off the highway, WTF!!

My whole body hurt, got a bit of bruising on my arm, leg, and my side is sore as hell but feeling much better. All I remember is my head bouncing off the pavement. Shoei rocks!

I dont know if this makes sense or not but I am not nearly as afraid of crashing as much as before. I would still prefer not to do it again for a while though.

Hosed the mud off the bike, my shifter is the right shape again. Lets go!!

Oh, a big thanks for the guys that helped pick me and my bike up off the road!

More to follow, please stand by...
__________________
Pig Can Fly.
moe.ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:15 PM   #78
UpST8 OP
turnin gas to noise
 
UpST8's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: californication
Oddometer: 6,956
"It's 40 miles of pavement or 20 miles of dirt" "We will just take the pavement"

"Fuck that! I'm no quitter, take the dirt"

OK

I knew moe. was hurtin, but I will not ever deny someone of a growth experience

20 slow miles later, we arrived at hot chow






no food pics, it didn't last long

150 of hiway droning to home, we skipped hi-mountain due to time constraints and we don't even know if it was open

till next time...cheers

__________________
WHERE AM I RIDING

cRAzY
UpST8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #79
Lonestar2112
scatology expert
 
Lonestar2112's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ventura County CA
Oddometer: 6,710
Nice to meet the both of you. Moe you are an animal!
__________________
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...SKgzdmS9ir0XK3

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #80
Loud Al
.
 
Loud Al's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Forest Grove, OR
Oddometer: 3,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by moe.ron View Post
FUCKIN' OW! I was really lucky, never saw it coming, bike slid right out from under me, I was doing 30 MPH or so.

I was mad as hell too, I was feeling pretty proud of myself at this point, like I just rode Dakar or something, only to be wiped out by a little gravel making a left off the highway, WTF!!

My whole body hurt, got a bit of bruising on my arm, leg, and my side is sore as hell but feeling much better. All I remember is my head bouncing off the pavement. Shoei rocks!

I dont know if this makes sense or not but I am not nearly as afraid of crashing as much as before. I would still prefer not to do it again for a while though.

Hosed the mud off the bike, my shifter is the right shape again. Lets go!!

Oh, a big thanks for the guys that helped pick me and my bike up off the road!

More to follow, please stand by...

Good knee guards and upper body armor help a lot when your confidence out runs your skill level, ask me how I know
__________________
A Quick Trip to Big Sur


Allan
Loud Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:38 AM   #81
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post
Nice to meet the both of you. Moe you are an animal!


yes he is and he passed you bob...., took his pic here going up the icy hill on quatal.



good job chris getting brian his first taste of dual sport.
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:00 PM   #82
moe.ron
Poor Dumb Bastard
 
moe.ron's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Ventura County
Oddometer: 2,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud Al View Post
Good knee guards and upper body armor help a lot when your confidence out runs your skill level, ask me how I know
I got me a cheap pair of Bilt pants to start with. There are Knee pads built in, no hip pads but there are pockets for some padding. At least I think thats what they are for. I am going to take the pad from the back of an old jacket and cut to fit.

I think I bounced on the pavement harder than I thought, feels like I cracked a rib or something...

Looking forward to doing it again. Last night I told my wife I wish I felt better so I could go out and play again. She looked at me like that was not a normal statement.

Got a little trip to Quartzsite AZ coming up in a few weeks.

Starting to OVERthink about real tires...
__________________
Pig Can Fly.
moe.ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #83
UpST8 OP
turnin gas to noise
 
UpST8's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: californication
Oddometer: 6,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post
Nice to meet the both of you. Moe you are an animal!
Nice to meet you too Bob

What do you know of the Bouquet Canyon area? Thinking of trying to get a little dirty there next Sunday.
__________________
WHERE AM I RIDING

cRAzY
UpST8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:05 PM   #84
moe.ron
Poor Dumb Bastard
 
moe.ron's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Ventura County
Oddometer: 2,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpST8 View Post
Nice to meet you too Bob

What do you know of the Bouquet Canyon area? Thinking of trying to get a little dirty there next Sunday.

That appears to be right around the corner. Near Santa Clarita?

There is a shooting range in Piru I have been meaning to take a look at for about 5 years now, maybe we could roll by on the way home for a look see.
__________________
Pig Can Fly.
moe.ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #85
Lonestar2112
scatology expert
 
Lonestar2112's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ventura County CA
Oddometer: 6,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpST8 View Post
Nice to meet you too Bob

What do you know of the Bouquet Canyon area? Thinking of trying to get a little dirty there next Sunday.
There is some nice dirt there. I have only been on it twice. This weekend I am heading up to Big Sur for a street ride. I'll be back Sunday evening. If you want to do a street run you are more than welcome to join.

The inmates have done it a bunch!
__________________
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...SKgzdmS9ir0XK3

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:50 AM   #86
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D
 
JaxObsessed's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: From Alabama to Newfoundland it's all Appalachian
Oddometer: 11,636
It's been a bit since I checked in here....

UpState, Great to see you and Moe met Lonestar. I knew Y'all were in the same area. Very cool. He even posted a photo of you in my thread, but I didn't recognize ya. A small ADV world.
DON'T ask 2112 why he stands all the time. It's a sensitive area.

Enjoying the thread!!
__________________
ADVers are out of control and that's their charm, they don't line up, they don't have standards they follow, each and every one does their own thing. They know how to ride free - BugSister.
Jax mediocre photo thread
20% Smugmug discount coupon

JaxObsessed screwed with this post 01-28-2013 at 04:08 AM
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:56 AM   #87
AWM
Beard Bros Racing
 
AWM's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Your Mom's house
Oddometer: 11,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpST8 View Post
Nice to meet you too Bob

What do you know of the Bouquet Canyon area? Thinking of trying to get a little dirty there next Sunday.

So,,,what do you guys have against traction?
Those little bumpy things they put on dirt tires work good,really.
__________________
"Hes not called the Angry White Man for nothing,much more fitting then the,Unicorn Clouds and Happy Trees Man".... UpST8

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:36 AM   #88
Loud Al
.
 
Loud Al's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Forest Grove, OR
Oddometer: 3,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by moe.ron View Post
I got me a cheap pair of Bilt pants to start with. There are Knee pads built in, no hip pads but there are pockets for some padding. At least I think thats what they are for. I am going to take the pad from the back of an old jacket and cut to fit.

I think I bounced on the pavement harder than I thought, feels like I cracked a rib or something...
Something like these will do a surprising amount of good when you land on your knee and they are cheap insurance. I hope your rib heals up, those injuries really suck.
__________________
A Quick Trip to Big Sur


Allan
Loud Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:15 AM   #89
UpST8 OP
turnin gas to noise
 
UpST8's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: californication
Oddometer: 6,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWM View Post
So,,,what do you guys have against traction?


Nuttin Bolting on one paycheck at a time...crashbars from A-Spec were first, tires are next
__________________
WHERE AM I RIDING

cRAzY
UpST8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #90
UpST8 OP
turnin gas to noise
 
UpST8's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: californication
Oddometer: 6,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud Al View Post
Something like these will do a surprising amount of good when you land on your knee and they are cheap insurance. I hope your rib heals up, those injuries really suck.
I have similiar style, but from EVS. They do offer a bunch of protection and they are affordable @25$
__________________
WHERE AM I RIDING

cRAzY
UpST8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014