Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 05:58 AM   #151
Ceri JC
UK GSer

Oddometer: 2,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post

Not sure where you found $75 t-shirts??? Ours are $30 and they must be priced right because we go through them very quickly.
Due to a logisitics/customs F-up, I recently found my myself in Vegas without a belt. As I'd lost some weight, my trousers would have fallen down without one. The Harley shop in one of the hotels was the cheapest belt I could find (was about $22 IIRC) that was of reasonable quality and not gaudy/OTT (no disrespect, but a lot of American belts are a bit too 'Texan' for my conservative British tastes).

I kept the tag and bag and able to give it to my cousin (who likes Harley stuff) as a gift after my trip was over.

I never thought I'd buy any Harley clothing, but I'm glad I did in this instance!
Old 01-12-2013, 06:40 AM   #152
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith Rider View Post
Why? Because you don't like it? What's wrong with being cute? And for the matter of the thread, why should a cute man not ride a motorcycle? (Or how should being cute affect his manhood?)
Start a thread down in the basement and have fun with it.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:25 AM   #153
ph0rk
Doesn't Care

Oddometer: 2,045
Quote:
Start a thread down in the basement and have fun with it.
"Real" men don't care if someone calls them cute, Dakez.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #154
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

You are confusing "male" for "Man"
Old 01-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #155
ph0rk
Doesn't Care

Quote:
You are confusing "male" for "Man"
nope.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #156
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Spoken like a true metro-sexual.

DAKEZ screwed with this post 01-12-2013 at 04:16 PM
DAKEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #157
ph0rk
Doesn't Care

Quote:
Spoken like a true metro-sexual pussy.
Spoken like someone with deep insecurities about his masculinity. It's ok, you aren't alone.

Me, I don't really care how butch someone is or isn't acting. Ride your own ride, wear your own pants.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #158
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

You have it backwards

I am not lost and insecure like the limp wristed ones. Wear fem pants all you want to. Whatever floats your boat.... Just don't cry in my beer.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #159
corndog67
Banned

Oddometer: 1,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceri JC View Post

I kept the tag and bag and able to give it to my cousin (who likes Harley stuff) as a gift after my trip was over.

Whoa, you gave a used belt as a gift. How about 1 sock, too?

Relax, it's just a joke.
corndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #160
Wraith Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,055
As long as it gets me in her pants of course I care if I'm called cute. Still don't understand why it's wrong having done military service and being cute and riding motorcycles.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:19 AM   #161
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Oddometer: 3,596
Well this thread got all chest thumpy.

2013 V-Strom
Thanantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:47 AM   #162
crazydrummerdude
Wacky Bongo Boy

Oddometer: 7,506
No comments on the recent discussion, but the title of the thread reminded me of when I got a copy of my motorcycle key.

"This for what? Motorcycle, huh? Man, you're the last of a dying breed." - the locksmith

crazydrummerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:34 PM   #163
Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,501
To refocus this train wreck a bit, my wife and i just saw an obviously new young rider in obviously new riding gear trying to pull out in traffic on an obviously new Ninja 300. The kid, no idea of gender, made a half dozen ugly mistakes just getting out of the Best Buy parking lot and was pretty wobbly on those new wheels.

My wife asked me what i thought about what we were watching because we weren't sure the rider was going to make it to the stoplight. I told her it was prefect. A new young rider in the right gear on the right bike out there giving it hell and living life.That rider showed us some of the ugliest yet must perfect lines I have ever witnessed.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:35 PM   #164
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grreatdog View Post
To refocus this train wreck a bit, my wife and i just saw an obviously new young rider in obviously new riding gear trying to pull out in traffic on an obviously new Ninja 300. The kid, no idea of gender, made a half dozen ugly mistakes just getting out of the Best Buy parking lot and was pretty wobbly on those new wheels.

My wife asked me what i thought about what we were watching because we weren't sure the rider was going to make it to the stoplight. I told her it was prefect. A new young rider in the right gear on the right bike out there giving it hell and living life.That rider showed us some of the ugliest yet must perfect lines I have ever witnessed.
Gaaaawd, haven't you been reading the thread? Real men don't ride bikes under 650cc
Mark my words, under that gear were some skinny jeans and a Justin Bieber haircut.
If it was a guy he probably lets girls call him that "see you tuesday evening" word too.

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

VxZeroKnots is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:19 AM   #165
hippiebrian
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,895
Here's the deal. We're raising a generation of pussies, plain and simple. Kids don't climb trees anymore. They have to wear styrofoam hats to ride their bicycles (don't want to start any helmet debates...there is a big difference between motorcycles and bicycles, and on the motorcycle I'm an atgatt dude). Some schools have banned running because the kids may get hurt.

A couple weeks ago I let (with her Dad's permission) my roommate's 9 year old daughter sit on my klr. She seemed happy enough, big smile on her face and all. So I asked her "You want a motorcycle some day?" Her response surprised and depressed me. "NO!!! There are too many ways to hurt yourself on these!" Really? From a 9 year old? When I was 9 I would have killed for a motorcycle! Got my first one at 10 I think, a little ct70h. Then moved up to a Rickman 125 at 12 or so.

Where does this come from but from parents? Want to know why more and more kids don't want to ride motorcycles? It's because we, as a society, have become safety freaks and this has caused our kids to be afraid of their own shadows.

I remember when I was in school you could always find at least one kid with a cast. Getting broken bones, cuts, scrapes and bruises was considered part of growing up. Now if a kid gets a scraped knee or something his or her parents are called to question. Let's let kids be kids again, let them take reasonable chances, and we can get them back on motorcycles agaain.
hippiebrian is offline   Reply With Quote