ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2005, 09:31 PM   #16
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oddometer: 3,141
Rat trap pass is doable on a gs, no prob.

At the top of Rat trap pass

Looking back the other way

Okay I'm still up in the air (like you guys ever hear anything else out of my trap) The wife just got back from Mexico city last night and now things that dont look quite rite is coming out of both ends and she feels like shite. I think I am open for eather or maybe both days of riding. Dave were going to miss you for running decoy with the local johnnys.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:39 PM   #17
Stosh23
Retrieval Expert

Oddometer: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSguy

Okay I'm still up in the air (like you guys ever hear anything else out of my trap) The wife just got back from Mexico city last night and now things that dont look quite rite is coming out of both ends and she feels like shite. I think I am open for eather or maybe both days of riding. Dave were going to miss you for running decoy with the local johnnys.
I think she owes you a kitchen pass or 2?

Be good to ride with you again. It's been a while.

Enjoy

06 ST1300
Stosh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 09:42 PM   #18
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oh she owes big time, that was 5 days (keep in mind 3 of those work days) I.m going to work this to the fullest extent of the law.

Yea it's been a while since we rode, before the gt was run over or maybe the last time was when we were out in the down pour and I had the gt, don't remember. Ahhhhh the gt, how I would love to have that back.............
Old 06-27-2005, 09:43 PM   #19
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...

Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:

Hope ya can make it.

I guess the plan is probably meet at Buzz Inn @ 8:30am
(the one off of I-5 near Marysville)...I forgot the address (Tony, some help here?)

Take off from there and head to Darrington. Maybe take off to that watch tower for those who havent been there? Again, I forget the exact location but can look it up. Then head to Rat trap pass?

Mr. Cob, Interested???
We'll be in your backyard.

These trails are doable on a GS and if the weather is good you cant beat the views! (Except maybe above Naches).

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 09:48 PM   #20
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Do you guys have nothing better to do than sit around here waiting for somebody to post or what, look at the time stamps, oh wait, that's me too

Now I don't know if you want to enter into mt loop road from Granite falls and then head up rat trap pass because I think that drops you out somewhere around the Darrington area (that side of mt loop rd is closed) or Darrington and then head to Rat trap pass from there. Mr Cobb, David you guys out there to help us make up our minds.

8:30, no prob I'm an early riser and have no problems with that, as long as I can get the pass from the gate master.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:51 PM   #21
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...

Quote:
Do you guys have nothing better to do than sit around here waiting for somebody to post or what, look at the time stamps, oh wait, that's me too

Now I don't know if you want to enter into mt loop road from Granite falls and then head up rat trap pass because I think that drops you out somewhere around the Darrington area (that side of mt loop rd is closed) or Darrington and then head to Rat trap pass from there. Mr Cobb, David you guys out there to help us make up our minds.

8:30, no prob I'm an early riser and have no problems with that, as long as I can get the pass from the gate master.

I work on the interweb.....sigh.

Davidovich is outta town I 'bleeve. Mr. Cob? We could do with your guidance! Not that any of us could keep up with you on that yellow DRZ of yours.....

Old 06-27-2005, 09:52 PM   #22
Stosh23
Retrieval Expert

Oddometer: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry
Hope ya can make it.

I guess the plan is probably meet at Buzz Inn @ 8:30am
(the one off of I-5 near Marysville)...I forgot the address (Tony, some help here?)

Take off from there and head to Darrington. Maybe take off to that watch tower for those who havent been there? Again, I forget the exact location but can look it up. Then head to Rat trap pass?

Mr. Cob, Interested???
We'll be in your backyard.

These trails are doable on a GS and if the weather is good you cant beat the views! (Except maybe above Naches).
What day? Tell me it's tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06 ST1300
Stosh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 09:54 PM   #23
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stosh23
What day? Tell me it's tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Saturday, saturday, saturday..... a loooooooong way off.....

Weather:
Occasional showers possible. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the low 50s.

More beer.....

gentry screwed with this post 06-27-2005 at 10:02 PM
Old 06-28-2005, 12:12 AM   #24
HighwayChile
greetings from Wa state

Oddometer: 4,298
here's some pic mr cob took on a ride we did up around baker lake, we were about 3 mi as the crow flys from mount baker ski hill, too bad there wasnt a road to it.

http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/gallery/141547

I think I have been on that rat trap pass, that & connecting up to the baker lake area would be a good ride. baker lake probably would have a lot of ass holes due to this long weekend coming up, . but hey beats getting greased in shoreline...

anyone has a mechanical problem I'm 7-8 min off I-5 in skagit county.
I'll pull out some maps, I know how to get through some pass that goes through mountian loop, comes out near concrete. tried it again early spring on my MG quota, yes found some snow, rode on 100 feet of it & turned around 530 lbs aint no fun to drop in snow....

my life is hell due to projects ( upcoming daughter wedding) but I might be able to bolt, either day so if someone cant make one of the days I can meet up w/ the straggler or at least meet for chow on yer way back
Old 06-28-2005, 12:18 AM   #25
HighwayChile
greetings from Wa state

Oddometer: 4,298
here is dave pix of rat trap, this is not me in this one, Mr Cob & friend.
http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/gallery/26436/1/908481
Old 06-28-2005, 06:25 AM   #26
a16tony
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 557
Let's meet at the Hwy 530 Denny's, The staff was very appealing last time. I will throw a GPS program together for Rat trap. 'F It's only Tuesday.
a16tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 07:26 AM   #27
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by a16tony
Let's meet at the Hwy 530 Denny's, The staff was very appealing last time. I will throw a GPS program together for Rat trap. 'F It's only Tuesday.

Sounds good!

Old 06-28-2005, 07:53 AM   #28
Guaglione
Country mice

Oddometer: 2,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry
OK, Tony can I meet you up north somewhere? Maybe we should all meet up in at that Buzz Inn we met up at last time?

I'd really like to get an early start myself.

Luca et al, wot's yer preference?

Dammit, its only monday and Im ready to ride....
Since this looks like it's shaping up to be a Saturday thing, I'm gonna have to bail. Too much to do on Saturday. If there is stil interest in a Sunday ride, let me know.

"This is the sort of ardent pedantry up with which I will not put."
Winston Churchill
Guaglione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 08:06 AM   #29
a16tony
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guaglione
Since this looks like it's shaping up to be a Saturday thing, I'm gonna have to bail. Too much to do on Saturday. If there is stil interest in a Sunday ride, let me know.
Can you shift things to Monday, I should be an extra day off
a16tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 08:17 AM   #30
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

You know I prefer Saturday but if we can get another person and do this thing on Sunday that still sounds good.