ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2005, 03:14 PM   #46
Johnny Drunkard
Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 6,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSguy
Are you heading to Monterey with JD?
Toby was gracious enuff to invite me along, but our schedules don't quite match up.

Hopefully, we'll be hooking up down at the track. Bluesurf will be there as well...
Johnny Drunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 03:15 PM   #47
Johnny Drunkard
Raggamuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by batfink
Negatory. I'm doing a 4 day ride down the coast with some street friends. One of whom is on an R6. We've got 950 miles to slab it up I5 sunday afternoon/monday. I'm already laughing..... ;)
Your sportbike buddies are gonna be hating it as the miles pile up! Ouch.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:20 PM   #48
Johnny Drunkard
Raggamuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cob
...I need my rest and beauty sleep to keep up with you youngsters...

cooooooooooooooooooooooob!

Old 06-28-2005, 03:30 PM   #49
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...

Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
Howdy All,

I have just become aware of this up-coming ride. "UNLESS" conditions have changed radically since my last crossing of Rat Trap Pass ( August of last year ) it should be easily doable on the big bikes.

You can NOT get to the forest service road that leads to RTP from Granite Falls, the Mountain Loop Hwy. is still washed out. You have to get to it from the Darrington side.

I have a suggestion when it comes to a meeting place and or breakfast, "Broosters" in down town Arlington has better food then Dennys and is on the way to Darrington and all points north and east. No I don't have the address, it's located about half way down the main street of town, here's a photo of the place, you can't miss it.

That's my R1, in the middle of the pack, we had breakfast here on our way up to the "Holy Smoke" for lunch.

Keep me in the loop for this ride. Oh, what is with you guys and these EARLY starts, I need my rest and beauty sleep to keep up with you youngsters Could we start later and play longer I am up for doing this ride on any day but would prefer to do it when it's not pouring rain with that thought in mind, is summer ever going to come to the Nor-Wet this year

I'd be happy to start later if you want to come! We could do with your knowledge. Would you bring the GS or the DRZ?
Never eaten at that place so Im game

What time suits you guys?

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 03:37 PM   #50
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...

Broosters

223 N Olympic Ave, Arlington, Washington

(I think this is right? Never been there...)

Old 06-28-2005, 03:54 PM   #51
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry

(I think this is right? Never been there...)
Howdy Chad,

That sounds about right, Broosters is easy to find and the food is good at a decent price. I am up for meetin and eatin where ever you folks want too, I am just partial to Broosters rather then Dennys Would meeting at 9:AM be to late?

I'll be riding the DRZ400S, much more fun especially if the roads are a bit wet or the rocks have grown since my last crossing Going east out of Darrington on the MLH will take you to Forest service road #27, taking that north to FSR #2700, will take you over RTP. From there if the group wanted to we could run Hwy. #530 to FSR #28, then FSR #2810, and ride up FSR #2811, to the Fire Tower. That makes a nice loop type ride with lots of photo ops. Don't forget riding the ditch on the north side of Hwy. #530 that's always good for a few laughs.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Join Smugmug, use this coupon https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=geyYbNZwLLrl6
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 04:06 PM   #52
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...

Quote:
Howdy Chad,

That sounds about right, Broosters is easy to find and the food is good at a decent price. I am up for meetin and eatin where ever you folks want too, I am just partial to Broosters rather then Dennys Would meeting at 9:AM be to late?

I'll be riding the DRZ400S, much more fun especially if the roads are a bit wet or the rocks have grown since my last crossing Going east out of Darrington on the MLH will take you to Forest service road #27, taking that north to FSR #2700, will take you over RTP. From there if the group wanted to we could run Hwy. #530 to FSR #28, then FSR #2810, and ride up FSR #2811, to the Fire Tower. That makes a nice loop type ride with lots of photo ops. Don't forget riding the ditch on the north side of Hwy. #530 that's always good for a few laughs.
9am suits me! Ill try keep you in sight this time....
I didnt ride the ditch last time so Im lookin' forward to tryin' it this time. Is it saturday yet?

Old 06-28-2005, 04:10 PM   #53
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...

So:

Saturday
9:00am
@ "Broosters"

Plan on getting out the door by 9:45am?

In:

- Mr. Cob
- gentry
- a16tony
- Stosh23
- GS Guy

Maybe:
- Batfink
- Guglione (Probably not)

Rat Trap pass should be fine for GS'ers from what Im hearing

gentry screwed with this post 06-28-2005 at 04:20 PM
Old 06-28-2005, 04:55 PM   #54
Stosh23
Retrieval Expert

Oddometer: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry
So:

Saturday
9:00am
@ "Broosters"

Plan on getting out the door by 9:45am?

In:

- Mr. Cob
- gentry
- a16tony
- Stosh23
- GS Guy

Maybe:
- Batfink
- Guglione (Probably not)

Rat Trap pass should be fine for GS'ers from what Im hearing
I'm in.

I don't like the sound of this ditch thing !

Enjoy

06 ST1300
Stosh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 06:19 PM   #55
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oddometer: 3,141
Quote:
Oh, what is with you guys and these EARLY starts, I need my rest and beauty sleep
I'll second that...
Old 06-28-2005, 06:49 PM   #56
Mr. Cob

Howdy All,

For those who are planing on attending this event and "eating" at Broosters, Broosters is not a fast food place like Dennys, if we want to actually be on the road by Chads suggested "leave time" of 9:45, don't show up at 9:30 and expect to get your breakfast in time to leave at 9:45

I plan on being there a bit before 9:00, there is a large table that is located right next to the big window in front of the restaurant, whoever gets there first, if that table hasn't been taken grab it for the group. "Usually" there is plenty of parking right in front of this window.

Lets hope the rain Gods are on vacation this Saturday and that perhaps some sun will shine on us during the day. Be advised that if it is raining we will be riding up and into it on this ride, come prepared, whiners will be stripped of their gear, their bikes burned, their naked bodies left to feed the local critters

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Join Smugmug, use this coupon https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=geyYbNZwLLrl6
Old 06-28-2005, 06:53 PM   #57
Mr. Cob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stosh23
I'm in.

I don't like the sound of this ditch thing !

Enjoy
Howdy Stosh23,

The ditch ride is optional, I have done it on my R1150GS, many times. However, beware of the drive-ways, a person can get some serious air if your not careful. DAWIKT

Old 06-28-2005, 07:05 PM   #58
Johnny Drunkard
Raggamuffin

Well, Sybil is definitely staying in the garage this weekend, but there's always the Wailing Smoke Bomb.

I can show for breakfast & ride out to the trailhead with y'all. That way I don't miss all the fun. Besides, the old girl likes the twisties...

Old 06-28-2005, 07:07 PM   #59
Johnny Drunkard
Raggamuffin

Quote:
...whiners will be stripped of their gear, their bikes burned, their naked bodies left to feed the local critters
Old 06-28-2005, 07:32 PM   #60
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...

Quote:
come prepared, whiners will be stripped of their gear, their bikes burned, their naked bodies left to feed the local critters

Please come prepared! I dont want to see ANY of you naked!!!!