User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2014, 12:33 PM   #1
MillCreek OP
ADV Risk Manager

Oddometer: 1,930
Best electric pressure washer?

So after many years of good service, my Karcher electric pressure washer has gone kaput. I had earlier given my gasoline Karcher pressure washer to my son. This leaves me without a pressure washer.

Any thoughts from the Collective on a good electric pressure washer? I am not going back to Karcher due to the proprietary wand and nozzles. I want to get a unit with standard M22 connections so I can mix and match hoses, wands and nozzles. I have been eyeballing a 2000 psi model from Sun Joe, a brand unfamiliar to me, and it is not sold locally, so I would have to order it via Amazon or Sears. Because of our downsizing in progress in preparation for moving in a couple of years, I am going to go with electric as opposed to gas.
2012 Suzuki DL650A as the current bike
Whole bunch of bikes in the past
MillCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:05 PM   #2
AtlantaViking
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 923
... I got nothing for you because my old Karcher electric is still kicking but after 10+ years it probably doesn't have much life left on it so I'm curious what the collective brings you.

06 Suzi DL1K
99 Suzi DR350SE
AtlantaViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:28 AM   #3
MillCreek OP
ADV Risk Manager

I ended up buying this: http://www.snowjoe.com/Sun-Joe-Press...Washer-SPX3000 based upon the good reviews at Amazon, Home Depot, and some pressure washer review sites. No one in the Seattle area carries these locally, so I bought it online from Sears, who was $ 20 cheaper than anyone else. I wanted to buy it from a bricks/mortar store in case I needed to take it back. The washer is rated at 2030 psi and 1.7 GPM, which is at the top end of electric pressure washers.

The AR Blue 383 also gets very good reviews but it does not take the standard M22 connections, and that was a very important point for me. I also looked long and hard at the Ryobi 1700 psi model at Home Depot: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded...vZbxdjZ1z0zy83 and the Greenworks 1700 PSI model at Lowes: http://www.lowes.com/pd_336396-53393...ers&facetInfo= and the new Briggs and Stratton 1800 PSI model at Lowes: http://www.lowes.com/pd_516781-348-0...ers&facetInfo= . The Briggs and Stratton is apparently new on the market and it is not actually in stock anywhere yet nor are there any reviews. They had a shelf space for it at Lowe's but it was empty. I also could not tell from the websites if it takes M22 connections or not.

I will report back on the Sun Joe after I get a chance to use it. It should arrive at the end of next week.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:40 AM   #4
MillCreek OP
ADV Risk Manager

So I have had the opportunity to use the Sun Joe SPX-3000 pressure washer several times now. This is the best electric pressure washer I have ever used, with the PSI and GPM rating. It is solidly-constructed with an induction motor and uses standard connections (M22 metric for hoses and gun and 0.25 quick-connects for nozzles). I have discovered that in going to Lowe's and Home Depot, you can get just about any connection of M22 and 3/8" quick connectors and adapters. I now have a couple of extension wands with quick connects, a MTM foam cannon, and best of all, an EZ Clean 15" hard surface cleaner from Home Depot. It makes cleaning the porch, driveway and sidewalks easy and quick. It used to take me most of a day to clean my 16x24 driveway, using the high pressure needle spray nozzle with my 1300 PSI Karcher. Now, using the surface cleaner with the higher PSI and GPM washer, I can do it in 90 minutes. The seven month rainy season of Seattle causes quite the mold and mildew buildup on the driveway and sidewalks.

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks, depending on the weather, I am going to use the foam cannon to wash down the vinyl siding of my two story house without having to get out the ladders. I have some ZEP siding wash that is supposed to take out the dirt and mildew. I will report back on how that goes.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:35 PM   #5
Adios Pantalones
AdventureDeficitDisorder

Oddometer: 2,331
Try one of these...

http://www.apex-unlimited.com/8fotelowa.html

Ladders and pressure washers are a bad mix.

Going to check out the sunjoe. 2k psi on electric is pretty impressive.
Adios Pantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:55 AM   #6
Keith
Slabbing it

Oddometer: 903
I have the AR 383.

It does ok for what it is, I'm not expecting gas pressure washer gpm. The pressure does well for cleaning mold off the porch and walkway. Blasting gunk out of crevices does pretty well too. The one benefit of the lower gpm is that there is less water to get you wet. It seems weird to want less gpm, but I see it as a side benefit. The attachments, hose and stuff are of decent quality too. It's really hard to beat for $99, from Amazon.
Old 12-15-2014, 04:56 AM   #7
Froir1959
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Electric Washer

I am using Generac 6022/5989 Residential Pressure Washer with 2700 PSI , 2.3 GPM , 196cc OHV .. Its perfect so far in front of me..
Froir1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:43 AM   #8
manganos
Let me pontificate.

Oddometer: 3,453
I read your title and was prepared to come in here and say K ARCHER. I don't have experience with one but I did buy an el cheapo cambell hausfield (SP) POS. I used it once it started acting funny so I proceeded to throw it on the driveway, kicking it into small pieces and putting it in the trash. My wife came out and gave me "your an asshole look" and "all the neighbors are watching this" speech. I replaced it with a gas unit from Home Depot.

My father in law used to do commercial HVAC work and swears by K ARCHER. He used it to clean the condensors on the AC units or something to that effect.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:54 AM   #9
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,791
I just used mine yesterday to clean up the tractor....it is really on its last legs....I will also be watching to see what is suggested.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 05:28 AM   #10
Seding
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Power works 51102 1700 PSI Electric Pressure Washer 1.4GPM with Quiet Induction Motor is the best electric pressure washer known to me so far.. It has two built-in soap tanks provide convenient storage for the ability to use soap in cleaning applications as needed. It has a good length hose and power cord.It's light easy to use and does the job
Seding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 08:05 PM   #11
MillCreek OP
ADV Risk Manager

The Sun Joe that I mentioned upthread continues to work very well for me.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:08 AM   #12
nickguzzi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 163
At the cheap end of the market, I bought a Nilfisk C110 via amazon. Quite expensive normally, but they have sales often. I paid 40 - say $60.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nilfisk-X-Tr.../dp/B00AGD5J02
lists all the specs and stuff.
Over here, generally thought to be a bit better than the Karcher, ie it has a metal pump if that really is better.
Maybe so, as mine is still fine after 5 years.
nickguzzi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: