Oddometer: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwheelies View Post
Shaft driven?
Old 01-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #17
LandPirateMBC
Full blown child

Oddometer: 163
Buy the Sr50. Its more fun, more reliable, and will have a better resale value. Also the 2 stroke performance upgrades are endless. It will take you anywhere that kymco will just a bit slower.
LandPirateMBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #18
ausfahrt
mach schnell

Oddometer: 1,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by biketherapy View Post
Shaft driven?
I noticed that too!!

You can always count on the Americans to do the right thing, after they have tried everything else.
-Winston Churchill
ausfahrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:06 PM   #19
brianwheelies OP
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 3,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandPirateMBC View Post
Buy the Sr50. Its more fun, more reliable, and will have a better resale value. Also the 2 stroke performance upgrades are endless. It will take you anywhere that kymco will just a bit slower.
The Aprilia would be mine if the tranny wasn't protesting. Was making a funny sound.
brianwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #20
brianwheelies OP
Iron toocus

Round two with Aprilia. Did some research on tranny noise and apparently it is normal. Going to pick it up shortly.

Keeping at my bro's for a couple of weeks until I get a place with garage. Don't trust folks enough in this town to leave out at night.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:50 PM   #21
hayasakiman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 159
I guess the size of motor was not a factor in choosing your scoot.
hayasakiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #22
brianwheelies OP
Iron toocus

To be honest, I have given up on anything other than human powered transport. I ride my bicycle, speed skate, or walk where ever I need to go. Haven't had a great desire to own a car or bike in some time. The only thing that piqued my interest was a good deal.

As it is I don't have a huge desire to ride it although bringing it to my brother's house was fun. The bike is extremely high in the quality department and seems to like the fact that it is being ridden. Fueling has much improved since I test rode it a couple of days ago until putting the 6.5 miles on taking to my bro's place.

The deal was too good to pass up.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:25 PM   #23
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 5,004
I am not aware of any scooter that is off road capable. The wheels are too small, the frame is not strong enough, there is not enough ground clearance, the CVT does not have a low enough gear ratio for off roading, the suspension is not up to the task, and a number of other things. A Zuma 125 scats and gets on the road, but it would be a dog in the dirt, and would likely be in lots of little pieces after one off road excursion. If you want street legal and dirt capable, a dual sport is the way to go. If you don't mind slow, and want wide tires and a low seat, the TW200 is a good way to go. I even found that if you have a rack on one, with a milk crate attached to it, and get a flat tire, all you have to do is remove the milk crate, flip it over, and set the bike up on it to get the wheels off the ground. Tires are a real PITA to get off and back on though, worse than a quad tire.
1980 Puch moped
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote