Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #151
rkwfxd
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy the Heater View Post
My thoughts exactly!!! Add to my personal list, missing out on a Kawi KD80X and Honda Cub (the offroad version), and Honda ZB50. 3 more outstandingly cool little bikes.
Yep, the EZ90 HOnda Cub would be the PERFECT bike for my wife. She would enjoy that even more than her little CRF150. If Honda ever came out with a similar e-start, auto clutch dirt bike I would also be first in line for one of those.... Maybe two.
rkwfxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #152
rkwfxd
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeClone View Post
Buy this and turn it into something you use off road. Honda's official promo vid makes it look like a mini urban assault weapon to stunt on. And maybe it can be? But it's still a small bike and a rider can stunt on big bikes.

All that marketing aside, this is a dumb little motorcycle imo. A good scooter is much better a small bike in many ways. I have no idea why this would appeal to a scooter rider or a motorcycle rider, or like many of us, those who ride and have ridden both.

This bike has zero appeal for me as a street bike of any sort. As said, a little off road bike. Otherwise

I think a lot of it depends on where you live. For me the nearest freeway is 10 miles away but the nearest tight little canyon is two miles away. The other day I went for a drive in my jeep on the canyon roads, never got more than about 5 miles away from my house (as the crow flys) but spent literally two hours on the road. About 80% of that was small tight scenic canyons with no signals.

This little Grom will be just the stress reliever I need.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:53 PM   #153
Bama67
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 289
I wonder if they already make a auto clutch for these? I know they have a huge aftermarket overseas.

I am in the market for something for the wifey and have been thinking Zuma 125, but this looks like more fun.
Bama67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #154
Jimmy the Heater
Tilting the Horizon

Oddometer: 1,728
Cross posting info from the Grom thread over in Road Warriors....

I found the owners manual online for the MSX and it recommends valve inspections every 4,000KM or 2,500mi after the first one at 500mi

So basically every oil change. Frequent but with the head out in the open like that it should take all of 10 min to do.
Jimmy the Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #155
rkwfxd
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy the Heater View Post
Cross posting info from the Grom thread over in Road Warriors....

I found the owners manual online for the MSX and it recommends valve inspections every 4,000KM or 2,500mi after the first one at 500mi

So basically every oil change. Frequent but with the head out in the open like that it should take all of 10 min to do.
Sounds reasonable but I will add a fresh plug at the same time.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:10 PM   #156
gore-tx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,881
Old 05-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #157
gore-tx
Beastly Adventurer

Old 05-15-2013, 08:29 PM   #158
antwon412
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 318
That a fake dog in front of the hot broad?
antwon412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:52 PM   #159
White Tenere
Look a moose

Oddometer: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeClone View Post
All that marketing aside, this is a dumb little motorcycle imo. A good scooter is much better a small bike in many ways. I have no idea why this would appeal to a scooter rider or a motorcycle rider, or like many of us, those who ride and have ridden both.

This bike has zero appeal for me as a street bike of any sort. As said, a little off road bike. Otherwise
I've been riding for 40 years, have had just about one or two of everything out there at one time or another.. My newest bike addition is a Yamaha Super Ténéré 1200, I also love scooters and have had many- just looked at an older Elite 150 today-probably gonna pick it up to just use as a store runner.

I can't wait for the Grom to show up, I will buy one for myself and one for my lady.. They will be a blast around the neighbor hood an to make a run to the ice cream shop on, currently using two matching 1976 Yamaha RS100C's for that duty.

I see the Grom as just a small little FUN around town bike, nothing more nothing less... I have already been to my dealer and left a deposit for two of them... I will be smiling like and idiot on this little bike.

Sometimes in life the less things make sense the better they are, does the Grom make sense? Not at all but I'm fine with that cause they look like FUN times!!
White Tenere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:24 AM   #160
Dezzie OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 319
well said fella, reading some of the posts some are getting there knickers in a knot as to why instead of just what is, you haven't even got them over there yet and the doubters keep on doubting, at the end of the day, just enjoy it, its a simple runaround that's fun and can be farkled as much as any other bike you guys get, its not a sportbike or cruiser or off roader, it can do some of these in a limited capacity but that's not what its about, if any of ya ever owned a monkeybike or even road legal pitbike etc, you guys just know what I am talking about, 60/70 mph may seem slow, but on a bike so small and manageable, its as much fun as 150 mph on the racetrack believe me, so enjoy it for what it is and have fun, some have closed minds so let them do what they like, while the ones havin fun don't give a crap and are out riding the thing! lifes to short to give a crap sometimes!
Old 05-16-2013, 05:00 AM   #161
AC909
Great Job!

Oddometer: 863
You either "get" little bikes or you don't. If your not instantly in love with this bike just by looking at it you probably will never want to own one. My family owns a powersports store and I have been showing every other person that walks through the door the new Grom because I am so excited about it, like unreasonably excited about it. Some reactions are like mine once I tell them all of the stats and others just kind of shrug it off. Kind of like the reactions when Honda brought out the Fury, it made me throw up in my mouth a little, but some people totally loved it. At least Honda is trying some different stuff and bringing fun and accessibility back to motorcycling. Oh yeah, is August here yet!?
Old 05-16-2013, 05:48 AM   #162
rkwfxd
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC909 View Post
You either "get" little bikes or you don't. If your not instantly in love with this bike just by looking at it you probably will never want to own one. My family owns a powersports store and I have been showing every other person that walks through the door the new Grom because I am so excited about it, like unreasonably excited about it. Some reactions are like mine once I tell them all of the stats and others just kind of shrug it off. Kind of like the reactions when Honda brought out the Fury, it made me throw up in my mouth a little, but some people totally loved it. At least Honda is trying some different stuff and bringing fun and accessibility back to motorcycling. Oh yeah, is August here yet!?
I totally get where you are coming from. I am unreasonably excited about this bike. Really can't wait to get it.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:28 AM   #163
Dezzie OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 319
ohlins anyone - http://tyga-performance.com/site/pro...oducts_id=2891
Old 05-16-2013, 07:25 AM   #164
aidanpryde18
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by antwon412 View Post
That a fake dog in front of the hot broad?
Haha, that's awesome!

I guess having a real dog in that situation would be dangerous to the dog and the rider. You'd think they would try to find something a little bit more real-looking though.
aidanpryde18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:32 AM   #165
gore-tx
Beastly Adventurer