Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
b1pig OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 632
2000 zx7

This intro will be my first on here.

Hello from S. Georgia. Currently I have a 2000 Kawasaki ZX7 that is pretty much stock. It had "repairs" done to the lower fairing... which I had to fix a year and a half ago. I repainted the bike and rebuilt the forks. (which will lead to a 2nd post later) In any case, I've had the bike since 2009 and its the 4th bike I've owned. and the fastest. Been toying with the idea of selling/trading for a KLR650 if I can find one down here. I've been involved in offroading since 2000 and my interests tend to gravitate toward that realm. I love the ZX7, but I have a hard time justifying having two motorcycles in the garage when I can only manage to put 400 miles a year on the one i have.

anyway. pics of the bike.

essentially the condition is was in before i painted it... next to the wife's GZ250

crappy "repairs" by previous owner

finished work

if i happen to dig a hole and find a bag of money, i'd buy the KLR and keep my ZX7..... but i've about spent myself into a corner.
b1pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:17 PM   #2
ramon
weezin' the juice!

Oddometer: 1,094
When that bike came out in 1989, I wanted one so bad. Good choice
Old 01-18-2013, 11:25 PM   #3
S.A.B.
Curves Inspire

Oddometer: 4
Savage bikes. My first motorcycle was a 89 7r. My next was a 96. Dead stable at speed but oh man were they a handful in tight situations!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #4
b1pig OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 632
well. i'm in the same boat. when the redesign hit the track in 95-96, i fell in love with it. the ZX9 looked awesome, but the twin light front end just sang to my soul. i didn't mention it, but i've been a kawi fanatic since i was a kid. had a Mojave 250 when i was 15.... and wish i had it now.

i traded a Jeep straight up for the ninja. i dont regret the trade. i wouldnt have the bike otherwise.

asside from looks, the key thing about this bike that appeals most to me is the balance. its got plenty of power, and it puts it to the ground.... and the bike is biased a little toward the front. you have to try HARD to lift the front end. i rode a R6 a few years ago. i hated the fact that just rolling into the throttle would lift the front end in 1st. sure, it was predictable, but bad things happen too easily when the front end gets light.

i'll take my fat, low and heavy ZX7 over a slim rocket any day.
b1pig is offline   Reply With Quote